Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: redsn0w with Old bootrom 3GS's 3.1.3?

  1. #1
    Default redsn0w with Old bootrom 3GS's 3.1.3?
    hello all.
    im working on jailbreaking my old bootrom 3GS. i've tried sn0wbreeze and decided i throughly hate it. i would like to know if its possible to JB my phone with redsn0w.

    im a really big noob at this, so please give explicit directions. If i must use sn0wbreeze, please give explicit directions with that.

    I have access to windows XP, vista, and 7. 32 and 64 bit versions of all three, and im reasonably computer literate, just new to the jailbreaking scene.

    Thanks for your help!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    hello all.
    im working on jailbreaking my old bootrom 3GS. i've tried sn0wbreeze and decided i throughly hate it. i would like to know if its possible to JB my phone with redsn0w.

    im a really big noob at this, so please give explicit directions. If i must use sn0wbreeze, please give explicit directions with that.

    I have access to windows XP, vista, and 7. 32 and 64 bit versions of all three, and im reasonably computer literate, just new to the jailbreaking scene.

    Thanks for your help!!!!!!
    I've got a 3GS with old bootrom that has never been jailbroken on 3.1.3 and have yet to find a way to jailbreak. I've tried sn0wbreeze, redsn0w and custom IPSW's with no luck. If you do find a way to do it, please let me know. Seems like when you've never jailbroken on 3.1.3 bootrom doesn't matter.

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Brendon is correct, a 3GS on 3.1.3 can't be jailbroken, no matter the bootrom.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Brendon is correct, a 3GS on 3.1.3 can't be jailbroken, no matter the bootrom.
    Am afraid this is wrong, 3.1.3 can be jailbroken IF ur working with the old bootrom

    u can unlock it using snowbreeze.

    follow these direction
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibe4aRNXNCc]YouTube - Jailbreak & Unlock NEW 3.1.3 Firmware For iPhone 3Gs old Boot Rom[/ame]






    tell me if it worked.

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ro0oney View Post
    Am afraid this is wrong, 3.1.3 can be jailbroken IF ur working with the old bootrom

    u can unlock it using snowbreeze.

    follow these direction
    YouTube - Jailbreak & Unlock NEW 3.1.3 Firmware For iPhone 3Gs old Boot Rom






    tell me if it worked.
    2 seconds into the video a message pops up on the screen that says: "Your device must be pre jailbroken!!"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ro0oney View Post
    Am afraid this is wrong, 3.1.3 can be jailbroken IF ur working with the old bootrom

    u can unlock it using snowbreeze.

    follow these direction
    YouTube - Jailbreak & Unlock NEW 3.1.3 Firmware For iPhone 3Gs old Boot Rom






    tell me if it worked.
    You cannot jailbreak "vanilla" 3.1.3 on a 3G[S] (any bootrom). The only way to have a 3G[S] jailbroken at 3.1.3 is if you started with a jailbroken phone at 3.1, 3.0.1, 3.1, or 3.1.2 and restored to a custom 3.1.3 (old bootrom). As long as an old bootrom 3G[S] never becomes un-jailbroken, it can have any custom ipsw loaded to it, higher or lower version.

    *EDIT*
    I stand corrected. It is apparently possible to go from a "vanilla" 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1, or 3.1.2 to a custom 3.1.3 on an old bootrom 3G[S] according to iClarified iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac] . But it is still not possible to jailbreak stock 3.1.3 once it's loaded on the phone. You're only hope at that point is that you have an ECID SHSH saved somewhere for a lower OS version so you can downgrade & jailbreak.
    Last edited by L00i3; 03-04-2010 at 01:58 AM.

  7. #7
    Default Old 3gs, previously JB
    OK, so you guys have talked about pre jb phones or vanilla phones but I've got a question for you. My previously jb phone forced me to restore to the new firmware (after dodging it like the plague since it's release) after being stuck in a reboot loop. I've restored after exhausting everything else I could think of but obviously lost the jb from before and am stuck with an "unbreakable" OS. Is it accurate to say that there is no option to crack this OS in my situation? I'm ready to go with redsn0w and the 3.1.2 firmware but from the comments this doesn't look terribly promising. Since I couldn't get into the system at all the Cydia hash won't work either. Ideas??

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by firemaple View Post
    OK, so you guys have talked about pre jb phones or vanilla phones but I've got a question for you. My previously jb phone forced me to restore to the new firmware (after dodging it like the plague since it's release) after being stuck in a reboot loop. I've restored after exhausting everything else I could think of but obviously lost the jb from before and am stuck with an "unbreakable" OS. Is it accurate to say that there is no option to crack this OS in my situation? I'm ready to go with redsn0w and the 3.1.2 firmware but from the comments this doesn't look terribly promising. Since I couldn't get into the system at all the Cydia hash won't work either. Ideas??
    Sorry, you are stuck with no jailbreak for now. Have you tried downgrading? Or do you know for a fact you don't have any ECID SHSH's backed up through Cydia?

  9. #9
    I have a question.

    I have an iPhone 3G, which I have jailbroken and successfully unlocked some time ago. It is running firmware 3.1.2

    I now have an iPhone 3GS, which I have successfully jailbroken using Spirit. That iPhone 3GS is running firmware 3.1.3, baseband 05.12.01 and the OLD Bootrom (iBoot) 359.3.

    The 3GS was not jailbroken at any stage prior to being upgraded to 3.1.3. Now, here's my question:

    If an iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3 can be unlocked if PREVIOUSLY jailbroken can I use the SHSH backup from my iPhone 3G to unlock it (the 3GS)?

    I hope I've made it clear here what I mean.

    Many thanks for any words of advice. :-)

  10. #10
    Super Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,954
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by baloobas View Post
    I have a question.

    I have an iPhone 3G, which I have jailbroken and successfully unlocked some time ago. It is running firmware 3.1.2

    I now have an iPhone 3GS, which I have successfully jailbroken using Spirit. That iPhone 3GS is running firmware 3.1.3, baseband 05.12.01 and the OLD Bootrom (iBoot) 359.3.

    The 3GS was not jailbroken at any stage prior to being upgraded to 3.1.3. Now, here's my question:

    If an iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3 can be unlocked if PREVIOUSLY jailbroken can I use the SHSH backup from my iPhone 3G to unlock it (the 3GS)?

    I hope I've made it clear here what I mean.

    Many thanks for any words of advice. :-)
    There is no shsh file for 3G, the answer is NO....

  11. #11
    Well now the IS a pity.

    Thanks for the quick answer anyway yeow202.

    I don't suppose the SHSH file of another, similarly-configured, handset would be any good?

    While I have jailbroken a couple of iPhone 3G before I've no idea about SHSH files.

  12. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    The SHSH files are device specific so unfortunately you can't use anyone else's.

  13. #13
    Damn. Thanks for your reply.

    It would appear I'm stuck so.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •