+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.4 for windows

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
    What's Jailbreak? The Glimmer Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Redsn0w 0.9.4 for windows
    I've just updated my iphone 3G to 3.1.3 and wondered if anyone has jailbroken it yet with Redsn0w 0.9.4 for windows yet?

I found the download here Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware with Redsn0w 0.9.4 | Download Redsn0w 0.9.4

They do say that it will only jailbreak only.. Here's their statement below:

Redsn0w 0.9.4 can only jailbreak however it canít unlock since iPhone 3.1.3 firmware will upgrade baseband to version 05.12.01 which makes it impossible to jailbreak & unlock iPhone 3G & 3GS. If you are not worried about unlock and want to jailbreak only then go ahead and download redsn0w 0.9.4 & jailbreak your iPhone 3.1.3 fi.

I'm not bothered about the SIM unlock myself and I'm asking all you lovely Tech people here if you've already done it without issue?

ATB Lee...

Thanks

no dl link for redsnow is working can someone post one plz

My iPhone is a Part of Me s1l3nt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    no dl link for redsnow is working can someone post one plz
    here u go
    iPhone Jailbreak Guides | iPhone Tutorials | ModMyi.com Blog Archive How to Jailbreak 3.1.3 iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1G/2G Windows & OS X

4. The Following User Says Thank You to s1l3nt For This Useful Post:

qais1979 (02-07-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It hasn't been working for me. It just blows past the "jailbreaking" portion and the phone is stuck on the "Downloading Jailbreak Files" or something like that. Never comes out of it. I haven't been able to determine why yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes!
    I had an unfortunate crash 2days after the itunes release. Itunes forced me to accept the 3.1.3 update, then I downloaded IPSW file and redsnow, run Redsnow, redsnow will ask you to navigate to the IPSW file. THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO TAKE SOME CARE. follow the on screen directions and Redsnow WILL do its thing. THIS IS FOR 3G IPHONE, 3.1.2 UPGRADE TO 3.1.3 USING REDSNOW 0.9.4.
    Shame about the unlock.
    Last edited by cjsbryan; 02-15-2010 at 12:03 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just updated my 2G IPhone from 2.21 to 3.01 with redsnow0.9.4 .It was jailbroken and unlocked but now I can't get it to receive data from ATT ,I have a data plan but i get message box that says ,could not activate cellular data network:You are not subscribed to a cellular data service with ok only . i tryed something i found about the 3G button but that did not work either.display diplays edge network active and SMS works.Any Ideas!
    i would hate to have to call ATT,my sime still works with data in my Motorola V3xx Phone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

For a 3G phone, you should be using redsn0w 0.9.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whats the deference?

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    For a 3G phone, you should be using redsn0w 0.9.2
    I think because I had to find a fix for 3.1.3 is the reason why i used Redsn0w 0.9.4. But I could be wrong. Currently I am jailbroken but NO unlock.
    Last edited by cjsbryan; 02-27-2010 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I believe redsn0w 0.9.4 is made specifically for ipt2g. Not entirely sure. But if you go on the phone dev team's site, they mention and link to 0.9.2 and 0.9.3

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

cjsbryan (02-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So the Softbank iPhone comes a black SIM. Will it work with the regular gray one when it is JB and unlocked? Anyone...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am looking for anyone who can tell me how to fix an iphone upgrade on a 2g to 3.1.3 using redsn0w 9.4. The phone can't read the SIM as Tmobile. Also after upgrade there is no sound on the music apps. Three phones upgraded all lost sound and one won't read the SIM.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn S View Post
    I am looking for anyone who can tell me how to fix an iphone upgrade on a 2g to 3.1.3 using redsn0w 9.4. The phone can't read the SIM as Tmobile. Also after upgrade there is no sound on the music apps. Three phones upgraded all lost sound and one won't read the SIM.
    I think you lost your unlock when you upgraded to 3.1.3 there is currently no way to unlock on 3.1.3 do to the upgraded baseband 5.12 thats whay it cant read the tmobile sim card, no idea about the sound issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a 2G phone, the base band is not changed with the 3.1.3 as it is with the 3G and 3Gs. Also the loss of sound is kind if unusual.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ffly View Post
    Just updated my 2G IPhone from 2.21 to 3.01 with redsnow0.9.4 .It was jailbroken and unlocked but now I can't get it to receive data from ATT ,I have a data plan but i get message box that says ,could not activate cellular data network:You are not subscribed to a cellular data service with ok only . i tryed something i found about the 3G button but that did not work either.display diplays edge network active and SMS works.Any Ideas!
    i would hate to have to call ATT,my sime still works with data in my Motorola V3xx Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn S View Post
    Any thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Help!!!!!!!
    I am using a iPhone 3G and u have been working very hard to unlock and jailbreak my phone still no luck. Can anyone help me out. I have tried blackra1n, snowbreeze, and redsnow. I have 2 firmwares downloaded 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 I am on the current upgrade for iTunes 3.1.3. With snowbreeze I keep getting the 16xx errors and iv even tried the USB port program still no luck. Am I doing something horribly wrong or am I just that bad with computers? Please someone help me out...!!!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nate54 View Post
    I am using a iPhone 3G and u have been working very hard to unlock and jailbreak my phone still no luck. Can anyone help me out. I have tried blackra1n, snowbreeze, and redsnow. I have 2 firmwares downloaded 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 I am on the current upgrade for iTunes 3.1.3. With snowbreeze I keep getting the 16xx errors and iv even tried the USB port program still no luck. Am I doing something horribly wrong or am I just that bad with computers? Please someone help me out...!!!!!!!
    Use redsn0w 0.9.2 - redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

BaabyBee (04-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I successfully jailbroke my new 3G with redsn0w 0.9.4.

Thanks

am i the only 1 who cant who cant get any download progress when trying to get redsnow or a custom