+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is my phone a BRICK now? :(

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So I downloaded redsn0w and run the jailbreaking, but now my phone is showing the connect to iTunes screen. My phone is originally from Philippines, and I had unlocked it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Is my phone a BRICK now? :(
    So I downloaded redsn0w and run the jailbreaking, but now my phone is showing the connect to iTunes screen.

My phone is originally from Philippines, and I had unlocked it last January to use the Rogers network here in Canada.

It was 2.1 firmware before the jailbreaking failure.

After I saw the connect to iTunes screen, I connected it to iTunes and restored it.

NOW it's practically a brick, it only allows me to make emergency calls.

Help, please.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexisnotonfire View Post
    So I downloaded redsn0w and run the jailbreaking, but now my phone is showing the connect to iTunes screen.

My phone is originally from Philippines, and I had unlocked it last January to use the Rogers network here in Canada.

After I saw the connect to iTunes screen, I connected it to iTunes and restored it.

Help, please.
    Wouldn't that be an activation problem?? I had that happen to me a while back. I left it plugged in for over an hour.....I called att and was told that I had to wait for the activation to occur. I know you unlocked, i only jailbroke mine. Luck to ya...sounds like a simple fix to me.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to diggie2002 For This Useful Post:

alexisnotonfire (11-03-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have NEVER been in a situation a simple shift + restore didn't fix. This will, however, put you on the 3.1.2 firmware most iPhoners have yet to upgrade to.

On the other hand, though, you'll get your phone back, and you can still jailbreak (even if not unlock). If you REQUIRE an unlock to use your services, I'd try to shift + restore with an older, still unlockable firmware. You can still find ANY firmware previously released somewhere online.

Regardless, I hate it for ya, bud. Take some time reading up on what versions are still unlockable, google/download, and give it a shot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vsellers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Just download a 3.0 or 3.0.1 ipsw put ur fone in dfu mode. Shift restore to the firmware and jaolbreAk. Ull be able to unlock if u havennt upgraded to 3.1 or 3.1.2 before

7. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default quickpwn
    when i had this problem with going back oses i always just pluged my phone in with quckpwn running....i didnt use quickpwn..just let the program run with my phone pluged in and it by passes that emergency screen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gthugballin For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vsellers View Post
    I have NEVER been in a situation a simple shift + restore didn't fix. This will, however, put you on the 3.1.2 firmware most iPhoners have yet to upgrade to.

On the other hand, though, you'll get your phone back, and you can still jailbreak (even if not unlock). If you REQUIRE an unlock to use your services, I'd try to shift + restore with an older, still unlockable firmware. You can still find ANY firmware previously released somewhere online.

Regardless, I hate it for ya, bud. Take some time reading up on what versions are still unlockable, google/download, and give it a shot.
    the shift + restore won't work for me.. it only shows to Eject it in the menu that pops up.. maybe because it's under a non-Canadian network?

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    Just download a 3.0 or 3.0.1 ipsw put ur fone in dfu mode. Shift restore to the firmware and jaolbreAk. Ull be able to unlock if u havennt upgraded to 3.1 or 3.1.2 before
    I'm afraid when I restored it the first time it restored it as a 3.1? :S

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    when i had this problem with going back oses i always just pluged my phone in with quckpwn running....i didnt use quickpwn..just let the program run with my phone pluged in and it by passes that emergency screen.
    hmm. do you mind explaining this? so how do i do this?
    Last edited by alexisnotonfire; 11-03-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'm afraid when I restored it the first time it restored it as a 3.1? :S
    IT dopesnt matter now as blacksnow is out so u can unlock it. now just restore to 3.1 or 3.1.2 jailbreak it and then use blacksn0w to unlock.

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

alexisnotonfire (11-04-2009)

Thanks

Help, please.
    All you need to do is click on the following url: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G, 3GS Using BlackSn0w [Windows]
    follow the tutorials on that page and your troubles will be over.they have a guide for the Mac aswell if your not on windows the guides on here should be up shortly.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mickish1953 For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IT dopesnt matter now as blacksnow is out so u can unlock it. now just restore to 3.1 or 3.1.2 jailbreak it and then use blacksn0w to unlock.
    Thanks!
    But after I jailbroke it I can't even access my Springboard anymore. It only shows me the screen with the USB connecting to iTunes and a "Slide for Emergency".

Please help.. thank you in advance..

Thanks

Connect to iTunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Connect to iTunes
    It doesn't recognize my phone I think it's because it's under the Globe Philippines network again? Could that be it?

Thanks

Ok now put ur gone In dfu mode How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

then download a 3.1 custom firmware. Search on google. Doesn't matter if it's activated or not. Restore to that then u should be at homescreem. Open cydia and add the source blackra1n.com. It think then install blackrao

19. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

then download a 3.1 custom firmware. Search on google. Doesn't matter if it's activated or not. Restore to that then u should be at homescreem. Open cydia and add the source blackra1n.com. It think then install blackrao

I keep getting Error 1600, 1601, and 13 after restoring to custom firmware

Okay so I tried restoring it to 3.0 instead and it seemed to be working, but now I'm back to that connect to iTunes screen.. no Springboard..
    Last edited by alexisnotonfire; 11-05-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ok now get a 3.1.2 custom firmware and restore and if u still get errors. Burrow and AT&T sim from a phone.
    I uderstand how u feel. Mad lol. This happened to me 2 weeks ago. So restore and if u get erros try it with and AT&T sim This should fix it

22. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

alexisnotonfire (11-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok now get a 3.1.2 custom firmware and restore and if u still get errors. Burrow and AT&T sim from a phone.
    I uderstand how u feel. Mad lol. This happened to me 2 weeks ago. So restore and if u get erros try it with and AT&T sim This should fix it
    Maybe this is the problem... I'm in Canada with Rogers lol

Thank you so much for all your help... I'm jailbreaking it with redsn0w again.. I can settle for 3.0 if I have no luck with 3.1 at all..

Wait, you DID tell me to download custome firmware 3.1 right? Not 3.1.2 before your most recent reply?

WAAAAAIT it works under 3.0!
    If you have a theory on why this 'decided' to work now please share... Maybe I'll take the risk downloading 3.1.2 again soon...

thanks again!
    Last edited by alexisnotonfire; 11-05-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

No problem!

Thanks

With Rogers, download the 3.1.2 firmware from itunes, then visit blackweather and download the file (pc or mac). Once the update is done and you have the "slide to emergency" screen, close itunes, launch blackra1n and hit "make it rain" and it will jailbreak your iphone. Once it reboots, click on the blackra1n icon on your home screen and install cydia and snow. Your iphone will be unlocked and jailbroken

If you need help, write to me at [email protected]

P.S., I'm on Rogers