+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Consequences?

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Jailbreak Consequences?
    Hi Guys,
    I have a iPhone 3G 8GB with a jailbreaked iphoneOS 3.0, jailbreaked with redsn0w on windows. I have unlocked the iphone with Ultrasn0w.

*My iphone is on a 2 year, now 1 year contract to T-Mobile Germany.

It seems I notice a couple of problems and I would like to share it with you guys and want to know if this is normal with the jailbreak or the unlock.

-Wireless will not connect to automatically to a network. (a network that is already known and saved that is)

-It seems for the moment if I put back my T-Mobile sim card for Internet use...my 3G seems not to work...

Any ideias? Itīs norma`l? Will this be fixed in future releases of redsn0w and/or Ultrasn0w?

thanks for your time...
    Mystic

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

did you use the newest version of redsn0w? I know plenty of people who are running 3G iphone with t-mobile germany without these problems, so it's not a general issue with jailbreaking. maybe you should just re-jailbreak and see if that helps.

oh and remember: don't restore from backup in itunes, it might be the source of those kind of things!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Uhm, i think that for t-mobile though, 3g isn't working yet, but thats for US, but i have no idea for germany, wireless not working is pretty common, my first iphone 3g, when i jailbroke it with quickpwn, my wireless would not work even when i'm like 1 feet away from my router lol, so i brought it back to apple, and exchanged for another one since its under my warranty, i got it free. now, its working perfectly, but thats only my experience.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, but wireless works! but since its jailbroken it does not connect to a network automatically when in wireless range...

so you say by the fact its been jailbroken from a T-Mobile Germany or US iphone3g, 3G for the moment is not working, we have to wait for future redsnow update? or is it utrasn0w? which one is it related to?

thanks for the response...
    Mystic

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MysticBronx View Post
    ok, but wireless works! but since its jailbroken it does not connect to a network automatically when in wireless range...

so you say by the fact its been jailbroken from a T-Mobile Germany or US iphone3g, 3G for the moment is not working, we have to wait for future redsnow update? or is it utrasn0w? which one is it related to?

thanks for the response...
    Mystic
    nope, 3g works fine in germany, it's a us-only problem.

like I said, you shouldn't experience these problems, did you try to re-jailbreak and see if that helps?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

evoyuin (08-02-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

blackwolf is right, germany works fine for 3g, i think wifi doesn't work because you pushed back up to iphone instead of start as new iphone or something along those lines. Blackwolf, I experienced this before too...but instead of re-jailbreaking it, I returned it, I'm not sure what steps you did, mystic, but try the whole process all over again, this time when it asks to restore the backup, don't push that one, and try start new iphone. And this is just a suggestion, but i would definitely do that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys,

I have a new update on the situation, it seems when i have my networks with DHCP settings it will be jailbreaking the iphone again, this time checking if the 3G works before installing the Ultrasn0w....man no backups? ...I have to install all my apps again...damn that hurts..

I will keep you guys updated on the situation...
    Mystic