Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cant get DFU mode on iphone

Default cant get DFU mode on iphone
    I'm using 2g iphone.
    After upgrading to OS 3.0 the problems starts, before that, my iphone was working on OS 2.2.1 perfectly.
    first, my battery gave me problems charging it, it did charge after plugging again and again to the electricity in the wall. half a battery took like 6 hours, after being fully charged, it wont charge again.
    PC/Itunes wont recognize it at all since installing OS 3.0
    i tried holding the power button + home button for 7,8,9,10 and even more for each try.
    I tried different computer (Windows XP)

**Also, when I press the home/power buttons after the phone is off, the apple icon appears almost immediately.

I think i tried everything, working on it for the past week with no success.

Please help me out.
    Thanks.

Sorry for my English, I'm not from the States.

Try these steps

1) Turn off ur iPhone.
    2) Put your Phone in DFU mode (Watch Youtube videos for how to put iPhone in DFU mode)
    3) Restore your iPhone using iTunes
    4) After restore Jailbreak using redsn0w.
    5) Now set ur iPhone as a new Phone

Best of Luck
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

i know how to restore an Iphone, and i know how to get into DFU mode.
    This is why I'm here, I CAN NOT get my iphone to go on DFU mode.

any other advice?

Download a custom firmware from torrent sites (if you are unsure, write to me [email protected]) and just shift-click restore and pick the file. This is how to do it on a 2G iphone if you don't have a mac. Otherwise, you have to install a legal version of ipsw file and then use redsn0w which forces you to put your phone in DFU mode.

If you know how to put your phone in DFU, then you wouldn't need to try different amount of time. Plug your iphone in, turn it off, press and hold the home and power for 10 seconds, and release the power button while keeping your home button pressed until itunes recognizes your iphone in recovery mode. Voilą. If this is what you did, then your phone's power button may be broken. Otherwise, visit Dev-Team Blog and download redsn0w tool and install a legal version of itune's 3.0 and jailbreak and unlock it using redsn0w and following the instructions on DFU that the tool gives you. If done properly, it will work.

i did followed redsn0w instructions, I'm sure my home button isn't broken because its working properly when my iphone is on, for some reason the iphone doesn't recognize that im holding home/power together...

i did try everything you wrote, any other suggestion ?

Im in the same boat...

I have JB'd and Unlocked 15 iphones and now this 2G absolutely will not go into DFU mode. No matter what I try! I can get it into Recovery mode, but it only lets me load Apple firmwares not custom or reds0w. I am convinced it is a hardware issue, most likely the power button. Because once you turn the phone off, it will not come back on with plugging it into a computer or a/c power.

Why can't someone write some updated software like ziphone or somethething that can make the phone go into DFU mode.

I guess it all doesn't matter anyways, 3.1 will be out in a few weeks or so, so we will have to jump through all these hoops again.

I got the problem here hope somone make solution for this, Thanks....

i have the same problem mafisto.
    my laptop cant detect my iphone in normal/recovery/dfu modes
    im on 3.0, have tried different cables, different computers, reinstalled/installed itunes, but nothing.
    its not a hardware issue, since i can charge my iphone with the wall charger, and i can also use the fm transmitter via the dock.

if you find a solution please post it here.

connect the iphone.
    close itunes.
    dont turn off the device.
    hold power and home for ten seconds.
    let go of power.
    hold home for ten more seconds.
    let go when you hear the sound that means you connected the device(ba-dum)

-ANGELO131

tried it before, doesn't do the trick.

any more ideas?

Same problem
    ipod touch 2gen 3.0
    when i try dfu 1)the apple logo comes on in 3 or less seconds and the it ether reboots or i get the screen with the usb cable and the itunes logo

i found a strange solution, Just got another USB cable from my friend and it worked for me. with the new cord i managed to get my iphone back on DFU\Recovery mode.

I know it's sounds strange but for me it worked well, thank god

give it a try and let me know how it went for you please..

ok ill try too get a new cord and post what happens(might take a wile thou

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok got the same prob but a lil diff at first i could not even get the phone to have any thing on the screen till i did this. what i got2g 3.o jail break and unlock for tmobile but i might be on to something held home and power down sametime then plug in to computer while holding buttons this caused my phone to start blinking and just restart over and over i will keep playing to i fix it

Thanks

Holding home and power forces a hard reboot (like holding down the power button on a computer).
    Hold it down until it turns off and then follow go into DFU mode : iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    and then restore.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something