Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with redsn0w jailbreak 3G?

Default Problem with redsn0w jailbreak 3G?
    I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem that I am encounter with 3G iphones. After I jailbroke 3.0 and installed Cydia and Icy, I went to Cydia and did a complete upgrade and I would encounter a couple errors when installing so that was a bust. Then I went to Icy to try and install the Cydia Installer package that wouldn't install in Cydia and now I can't even open Cydia anymore. Previously I couldn't install anything with Cydia either, when I tried installing Winterboard with Cydia nothing shows up on the springboard, but it was say its installed. So Cydia now doesn't open and it never allowed me to install packages or programs on the springboard and Icy does the same thing, but I can open it and what not, but nothing shows up on the springboard. Maybe someone is also encountering the same problems I am? Any insight would help, thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone West-'s Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same exact problem, I mean "exactly" the same, not sure if there's a fix or even a fix in the works? I'm really regreting updating to 3.0 especially since MMS isn't even on it! I wish I could go back!!!

Same thing happened to me. Restore your phone and re-jailbreak adding only Cydia. Get Cydia updated then you can try adding Icy through it. I never added it back but my Cydia has been working correctly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fallingd0wn View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Restore your phone and re-jailbreak adding only Cydia. Get Cydia updated then you can try adding Icy through it. I never added it back but my Cydia has been working correctly.

Did you use 0.7.1 redsn0w or 0.7.2 the last time?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,213 Times in 6,215 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by West- View Post
    Did you use 0.7.1 redsn0w or 0.7.2 the last time?
    I suggest you use the newer 7.2, fixes some bugs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I suggest you use the newer 7.2, fixes some bugs.
    If you read my earlier post I used 0.7.2 and nothing works, cydia just opens and closes and Icy doesnt let me install anything, so basicially im screwed until another update I guess.

I just thought there would be a thread already about this problem with 3G users and what not, or at least some kind of update as to what works and what doesn't in terms of redsn0w's ablility, because on the iPhone Dev website it states 2G and 3G jailbreak but not unlock for 3G...

As far as your nothing showing up on the springboard issue, try this:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w...ml#post4523201