+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsnow JB bugs

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Jailbroke my 2g and it works brilliantly, allbeit Cydia has been crashing much more frequently. The main bug I have going on is my Status Bar. It randomly disappears and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Redsnow JB bugs
    Jailbroke my 2g and it works brilliantly, allbeit Cydia has been crashing much more frequently. The main bug I have going on is my Status Bar. It randomly disappears and wont reappear unless I respring. Really annoying! Also for dockflow- SMS icon will not change to the icon associated with the dockflow. It remains the default sms icon. Also has anyone been able to run iphonebrowser since updating itunes to 8.2? It opens then says it cant run, and closes. I thought I'd be able to go in and replace the icon file through it, but that wont work and I'm not keen on SSH. Not sure if that's even working for 3.0.

So if you guys have any more bugs and maybe fixes that you've tried , please post them

Thanks

I think the issue isn't redsn0w. I'm pretty sure it's a compatibility issue. Cydia isn't exactly prepped to run smoothly on 3.0 just yet (I think). They'll probably fix everything in an update soon.

I don't know what the deal with the status bar is, but the reason that the SMS icon doesn't change anymore is because some filenames are different and some directories have probably been moved around. Before the icon was called Text, now it's just Messaging. Themes will also have to be updated.

I don't think there's anything we can do at the moment but wait for most of these problems to be solved by the developers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

New bug, my iPhone no longer auto-rotates. No idea why. It wont turn in landscape mode for texting, it wont rotate for the clock app. So far it doesn't look like it's auto rotating at all, and I dont have the auto-rotate inhibitor installed on SBsettings either. So I know that's not it. It just randomly stopped working. I did download a sms theme, which didn't work, then I deleted it. But I dont understand how that would affect auto-rotate in other apps. I wonder if somehow my little gyro gizmo inside went out. Anyone ever hear of that?