Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.7 Jailbreak & Unlock for iPhone 2g Firmware OS 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Redsn0w 0.7 Jailbreak & Unlock for iPhone 2g Firmware OS 3.0
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER THIS GUIDE MAY DO TO YOUR BELONGINGS, SO FOLLOW THESE STEPS, AND GUIDELINES AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOTHING IS 100% GUARANTEED EVEN IF I SAY SO!

How to jailbreak & unlock iPhone 2g firmware OS 3.0 for Windows XP:

Make sure you have:

Redsn0w 0.7 (what I used)

iTunes latest version (8.2 for me)

Original OS 3.0 firmware for 2g iPhone

iPhone 2g

Bootloader files (3.9 and 4.6)

NOTE: With the bootloader files, Redsn0w, and the OS 3.0 firmware you can place them in a folder, you create, named "Pwnage" on your Desktop.

Now with the steps:

1. Plug in your iPhone into your PC

2. Restore your iPhone 2g (Shift+click) and locate your firmware

3. Let iTunes restore your iPhone 2g, go busy yourself without using your computer (e.g. research, playing, etc.)

4. Close iTunes

5. Open up Redsn0w 0.7

6. Follow the on-screen steps:

-Browse for the OS 3.0 firmware

-Click Next

-Etc. (I think you know how to do the rest)

-------------------------------------------

After the jailbreaking, your iPhone 2g will reboot, and do other things, so go busy yourself by reading a book or something, and DO NOT use your PC for any reason.

If there are any problems, don't PM me, just go do some research, I am not willing to help your people because I am just too lazy, and the program should work 100%, (it may not for the smallest of minority of people)because it worked on my phone when it was in the most worst condition of going through all, and I mean all, other programs like Ziphone, iLiberty (+), iBrikr, QuickPwn, WinPwn 2.5 beta etc.

What I did is that I upgraded to 2.2.1, tried to do whatever I could, then mistakenly restored without Shift+Click and went to OS 3.0, then found out I could use Redsn0w, exactly today, because I saw the release on the blog, and my phone got PWNED!

Have Fun if it works!

BTW only Cydia is installed, but you can do much more than you know with the OS 3.0 firmware. I had 1.1.3 before, and it didn't have as much features as the OS 3.0 firmware has.

PWNING 4 LYFE!

PEACE!

-Regards,

ScottBrunsky

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScottBrunsky For This Useful Post:

jeet (06-20-2009)

for me it doesnt reboot it just stays there help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, well I said I won't help you, but I'll see what I can do...

Give me full details of what steps you did, and were at when your phone would not reboot. BTW it must be a 2g, if its 3g go use ultrasn0w I think it has been released.

It shouldn't be that hard to pwn, but I had similar problems as you when I used all the other programs, and none of 'em worked.

-Regards,

ScottBrunsky