+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsn0w question

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok, I have a question. I just bought my first iPhone on June 10th. I upgraded to 3.0 the day it came out. I just backed up and restored my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default redsn0w question
    Ok, I have a question.

I just bought my first iPhone on June 10th. I upgraded to 3.0 the day it came out. I just backed up and restored my iPhone as recommended in the thread on the site's front page. I am now at the iPhone setup in iTunes. My question is, do I setup as a new iPhone or restore from my backup which I just made?

I realize its probably a stupid question but this is my first time attempting a jailbreak and I don't want to screw it up.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,165 Times in 5,674 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJND View Post
    Ok, I have a question.

I just bought my first iPhone on June 10th. I upgraded to 3.0 the day it came out. I just backed up and restored my iPhone as recommended in the thread on the site's front page. I am now at the iPhone setup in iTunes. My question is, do I setup as a new iPhone or restore from my backup which I just made?

I realize its probably a stupid question but this is my first time attempting a jailbreak and I don't want to screw it up.

Thank you.
    you can sync to a backup and all your contacts and and most settings will remain. Either way will work.