+ Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking your iPhone 2G/3G using redsn0w for Windows

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by angiepangie You have to change the APN settings. how?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    You have to change the APN settings.
    how?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks man for the tutorial it worked great! Good Job!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Blk Cadi to the rescue? ...again
    Ok. Stuck on step #3 already. Have the redsn0w-win_0.7.2.zip file but when clicking on it a comand prompt window flashes then disappears. Do I need to rename the .zip to .exe? LOL

Thanks

Do you have a program that unzips files?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Green Apple
    Thanks

just rename the file .ipsw instead of zip

Quote Originally Posted by lopezj40 View Post
    I do not know what the problem is but when I download the file "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw", what I get on my computer is this " iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore", and yes I get a zip file, the ipsw apparently get lost on the process. Can someone tell me how to fix it?

Lopezj40
    just rename the file .ipsw instead of zip
    Last edited by The_Closer; 09-13-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same prob im using redsnow 7 and when i get to third stage reboot my computer says "if i connect this to a 2.0 port it would work faster and i know i have 2.0 usb ports so? any help would be greatly appreciated... Im trying to JB an iphone 3g with redsnow 7 please help ??????

Thanks

And..? Is it getting stuck at the reboot screen or something?
    Or is that message just popping up? If it is just ignore it...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

it just sits there and does nothing so i tried and tried again but to no evale stuck on the third stage waiting for reboot i tried unplugging it and trying a different usb port but again nothing please help anything you can do would be AWESOME

iPhone? More like MyPhone roeiboot's Avatar
    Thanks

(going back from 3.1 -> 3.0 -hoping) i did all the steps and the phone went into recovery mode:

(1. The first time you try, your iphone make get stuck on the Downloading Jailbreak Data... with the respringing circle on it, eventually the phone will actually go into "RECOVERY MODE" which is the image of the CD with an USB cable on it. If this happens just RESTORE your phone via iTunes which will install a non-jailbroken version of 3.0. Once the iPhone is back up, try again and it will work (I tell you this from experiece)
    now it's again at that point... i'll give it some more time, but what if it goes in recovery (cd with usb cable screen) how do i re-install 3.0 non jail broken as iTunes will look for the newest OS, which is what i don't want.

am i screwed ?

tks.
    ---------------
    did the restore since it went back in the recovery mode again.... and yes it's back to 3.1

any golden tips to get me back to 3.0 ?
    Last edited by roeiboot; 09-18-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ~rb 

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hiya, I was wondering if anyone could help. I've just jailbroke my phone, said it was successful but I didn't get cydia on there. I was wonddering if there was another way to download it to my iphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,699 Times in 5,958 Posts

^ that's odd, did you not check the box for Cydia? Did yo install Icy? If so you can install it from there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I checked the box for cydia, but didn't for icy.

Thanks

What firmware is your iPhone on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've sorted it out, working great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 2g and it got updated to V 3.1. How do I get it back to V 3.0 so I can JB and unlock it?
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Easy. Download the correct 3.0 firmware from the link in this thread, first post.

Load up itunes and go into DFU mode. It'll tell you to restore.

HOLD SHIFT+click restore, and select the downloaded 3.0 firmware.

let it do its thing and you should be back at a base 3.0.

I just did this on my 2g from 3.1 because I want MMS.

I'm currently trying to get redsnow .8 to work on my phone. its being very touchy trying to reboot the phone and bs.

ps: I had to run redsnow on my xp box instead of vista_64 to get it to work.

Must be a lack of coding support.
    Last edited by Unoid; 09-30-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Redsn0w .8
    I was able to run the RedSn0w .8 last night and it worked fine the first time. I was suprised. I hope the sim card does not lock again!
    Thanks for your response!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright so i have a 2g and i restored it to the latest FW and i get everything going perfectly and it gets stuck on "downloading jailbreak data" and i read in the first post what to do if that happens. And well since im on T-mobile and Itunes wont recognize my iphone b/c of that and i cant restore it again. Suggestions?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am running a jailbroken 2g and somehow got an infected app and now am going to have to restore and start over. my question is,when I click on restore on itunes it wants to check for update and I am assuming I don't want that to happen.. how do I restore and then run redsnow without doing that? or do I?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been trying for several days to jailbreak my iphone 3G, firmware 3.0.1 for several days without success. I tried versions 0.71, 0.72 and 0.80 of redsn0w, and redownloaded the firmwares several times for different sites, and I would always have 1 of 2 problems.

Freezing on Waiting for reboot, or, the process would zip along quickly and I'd get DONE while my iphone is stuck on a black screen...

I tried it on another computer and I had the same results, except this time Vista told me that my device could work faster if I moved the iphone to a USB 2.0 port. I moved the iphone to a known usb 2.0 slot and it worked on the first shot. After dozens of tries, it finally worked.

For people who can't seem to flash their iphones, I suggest trying it with every USB port you have on your PC, and if that fails, move to another PC and experiment with all the USB ports. I think using USB 2.0 ports gives better results.