+ Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking your iPhone 2G/3G using redsn0w for Windows

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
stocis Got ya! well in that case my suggestion applie LOL since the first release of redsn0w "only" had cydia
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

stocis

Got ya! well in that case my suggestion applie LOL since the first release of redsn0w "only" had cydia
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

Thanks

Well that sucks .. the only PC I have is my laptop and it is Vista x64

Guess I'll have to wait for a compatible .. or something else to come along.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

werd P.F come thu quick again for peeps stuck with Windblowz. Right after work going to do Tha 3.0 update then yer redsn0w prog.
    Thanks again for pulling this off so quick.
    Props Mon

this sounds really stupid but what site to find the 3.0 3G firmware file?
    It been a stupidly busy day brain not at peak preformance.
    Thx guys/gals
    Last edited by djjessejames; 06-23-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i just jailbreak my iphone 3G and then my brother's using redsn0w!
    VERY EASY got it from he first time just something to ask about cydia
    when i open it (from both iphones) and "upgrade essential" it gives me an error "sub-rocess/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"

WHAT IS THAT?

EDIT: Just fix it by mistake xD i don not have idea why i was keep getting that error but both phones are working fine and installed ultrasn0w..it work GREAT!
    Iphone?? Hmmm..more like MyPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

this......is.....RIDICULOUS !!! Tried all the steps to do this on my 2g. Didnt work. Tried to just restore it all back to normal with the old firmware that was on it. NOPE. it wont restore at all. stuck in recovery mode or whatever it is with the usb cord and itunes logo. Now what ?

**EDIT** OMG i think its working now. i can only hope.

**EDIT** well after all of that it decided to tell me to update itunes. im not sure if i even want this 3.0 stuff. i was just going to try it out. now im trying to restore back to 2.2.1 and guess what......ERROR 2746BULLSHIT347
    Last edited by jaredl; 06-23-2009 at 11:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked beautifully the first time! Thanks for putting this guide together!
    Last edited by izzyb97; 06-24-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: lol...spelling

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone getting stuck on a screen that has a cartoon picture of Steve Jobs? Mine brings me to that and then just sits there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hye
    ive tried using this methode to jailbreak. ive updated my iphone to 3.0 with 04 26 08 as firmwear. ive follow the step-by-step but it just wont work. its not even searching the network? what should i do?
    please help
    Last edited by dhirah; 06-24-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhirah View Post
    hye
    ive tried using this methode to jailbreak. ive updated my iphone to 3.0 with 04 26 08 as firmwear. ive follow the step-by-step but it just wont work. its not even searching the network? what should i do?
    please help
    Could you please be a bit more specific? by "wont work" i'm assuming it didt work as far as getting your phone jailbroken and after jailbreaking you dont have a signal? or after installing the original/stock 3.0 firmware you dont have a signal? the redsn0w failed during the jailbreaking process? did it freeze? which is it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    thanks for replying. actually the process of jailbreaking worked great. the step-by-step was clear for me and i followed every step of the way just as stated in this link. but after jailbreaking, i didnt receive any signal after leaving my iphone over 6 hours to check if the whole thing works. i hope it's clear enough for u to understand my situation.could u please help?

Thanks

FINALLY!!

I got it to work using my laptop (Vista x64)

The ONLY thing I did different was try using redsn0w 0.7.2 instead of the original 0.7.1 or whatever.

I just started the program like I've done probably 25 times now. Chose only Cydia in the boxes to tick and started the process - except this time, the screen flashed white like it was supposed to .. the the graphic came on the screen saying "Installing Jailbreak".

I couldn't believe it! I opened Cydia and saw there are 2 Essential Updates, but I've read people are having problems with those ... so I just searched a few things. Installed those ... and atleast have my phone looking the way I want it to. Everything is working fine.

Like I said, the ONLY thing I did different was use 0.7.2 instead of 0.7.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile thanks
    thank you all for this!!!! you guys saved my life

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alx19 View Post
    thank you all for this!!!! you guys saved my life
    Glad we could help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

havent had any problems at all everything works push, mms, everything just follow the steps and set up as a new phone instead of restoring

Green Apple
    Thanks

Used redsnow, got cydia, everything is fine accept when i go download something off cydia, I cant find it on my phone. I downloaded winterboard for example, and i cant find the icon anywhere. plz help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

omg for all with isses, just follow the how to guide and only i repeat only check cydia DO NOT CHECK ICY it will work perfect

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by happyhomenv View Post
    omg for all with isses, just follow the how to guide and only i repeat only check cydia DO NOT CHECK ICY it will work perfect
    Did that already, wat else u got to tell me

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

if your using a queued install, i found it didnt work when i wanted to install things...and that you have to install things one at a time.
    >>**Please thank me if I helped you...**<<

Thanks

Williamjv youre instructions are perfect. The only thing I would add is that you dont check the cydia box in version 0.7.2. I did it at first and cydia had 1 update and it wouldnt go thru. Couldnt do anything w/ cydia until I started looking thru this thread and read about that. So I rejailbroke w/out Icy checked and it had 2 updates and it worked without any problem. I have the 2g phone. My buddy did his 3G over the phone with me and his worked perfectly. But he had the same problem of finding the apps too. He found a forum somewhere and it said to: Go To Settings> General> Restrictions> Enable Restrictions. Closed it out and there they were. I dont remember if he disabled after that but he found his apps. He had them in a categories folder and didnt take them out before he upgraded so I would suggest doing that. Remember..... Read Williams instructions over and over before you proceed and you should have no problem( I Hope !!!)
    Last edited by lensam; 06-29-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added

Thanks

Default For vista users haveing proplems...
    Per REDDAWG in this thread:http://www.modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w...-wont-run.html

There have been many unresolved reports coming from people running 64-bit versions of Vista and Vista 32-bit systems. Below are steps how to disable User Access Control (UAC) and how to enable the real Administrator account in Microsoft Vista. Try the below steps and see if this helps resolve the Redsn0w.exe crashes or problems and report back your results.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

How to enable the Vista Administrator account

From the Start menu, simply right-click on Computer and choose Manage.
    Next, expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
    The final step is to right-click on the Administrator login and choose properties. Clear the Account is Disabled checkbox and you have now enabled your Administrator account.
    Logout and then back in as the true Administrator account and see if Redsn0w works properly
    Make sure you disable the Administrator account when finished.

How to disable User Account Control (UAC) on Windows Vista

Method #1 - Using MSCONFIG
    Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.
    Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC" . Click on that line.
    Method #2 - Using Search bar
    The easy solution is through Control Panel.
    Type "UAC" into the search bar at the top of the screen and you'll see this task presented:

Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off
    If neither work by themselves, try both together. Make sure you disable the true Administrator account and re-enable UAC when done.

This fixed the issues that I had: I was getting : redsnow.exe has stopped working." errors 1/2 way before the install of redsn0w.

I hope this helps some. This info would also be helpfull in the first post. I spent a wile searching for this much needed info.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast