Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking your iPhone 2G/3G using redsn0w for Windows

it freezes at a point and wont acheive further progress

Thanks

What point?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Really useful guide, thanks. Unfortunately when directing Redsn0w to the .ipsw file, it says the file is not recognised. I read somewhere else on here that the issue was causd by using a 3.0.1 ipsz instead of 3.0 - have tried the 3.0 but to no avail, please could someone help me?
    thanks

Sara

Thanks

What version of redsn0w do you have and what's the full name of the ipsw file you're trying to use?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

So I have read back a few pages, and didn't find the answer I was looking for.

Am I able to restore to firmware 3.0 using the shift+restore with ITunes 9? I was using redsnow to jailbreak my friends IPhone 3G and he has 9.0 on his laptop. The stupid thing keeps getting stuck at the reboot state and stays with the connect to Itunes logo. Now I can't even go into the phone and hold shift+restore, it just errors on me (code 14) when I use the 3.0 firmware.

Am I now stuck putting 3.1 on his? Or is there a way to get 3.0 back on (it was on his phone before I started)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,209 Times in 6,214 Posts

^ put the phone in DFU mode and then do a hold shift and click restore and point to the firmware you want to restore to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ^ put the phone in DFU mode and then do a hold shift and click restore and point to the firmware you want to restore to.
    That's what i've been trying. It keeps erroring on me at the halfway point of restoring. I am going to try my 2nd laptop and see if it was his computer.

So having ITunes 9 doesn't make a difference? I downloaded the firmware using the link right from Apple, so I don't think my firmware is corrupt.

My 3GS took literally like 30 seconds, his is taking forever and it's pissing me off! LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Help! I followed all the instructions, everything went just like it said. After the reboot, everything looks the same? What should I be seeing? It does show version 3.1.2 (7D11)?

Thanks

Just an update. I tried consistantly for over an hour, and just gave up. I used my wife's laptop, and restored the phone to firmware 3.1.2 and then used Blackra1n to jailbreak it.

Default Redsnow
    I am new to this so please bare with me as I probably re-state questions that have already been posed. I have a 2g iphone that has been unlocked and jailbroken with pwnage 2.2.5. Everything works very well including downloading apps from Cydia and Icy. I use Wi-Fi rather than pay for a data plan.
    Some of the apps I have downloaded have been upgraded and now require 3.0 firmware. How do I SAFELY upgrade the firmware to 3.0 and still remain unlocked and jailbroken?
    I have read a number of different blogs and most point to using redsnow or ultrasnow (I use a PC not a Mac).
    After reading the threads here I now have the instructions to upgrade to 3.0 Has anyone out there been successful at upgrading their 2G and still get ALL their features to work?
    Last edited by djright; 10-22-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,209 Times in 6,214 Posts

^ you'll be fine and all features will work.. Update and jailbreak away. Have fun.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

djright (10-22-2009)

when i click on browse button for selecting the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw file. it dosen't show up in the window.
    so i can't select it at all.

I used the above mentioned guide and a couple of things happened:

1. It seemed to download a newer version of redsnow (0.7.2 as opposed to 0.7.1.
    2. It asked me to Click 3 choices: Cydia, Icy, Unlock. I picked Cydia and Unlock
    3. And third it asked for bin 39 and 46 which I had when I was jailbreaking 2.2.1.
    Now I get the usb cable and iTunes logo. What now?

Quote Originally Posted by djright View Post
    I used the above mentioned guide and a couple of things happened:

1. It seemed to download a newer version of redsnow (0.7.2 as opposed to 0.7.1.
    2. It asked me to Click 3 choices: Cydia, Icy, Unlock. I picked Cydia and Unlock
    3. And third it asked for bin 39 and 46 which I had when I was jailbreaking 2.2.1.
    Now I get the usb cable and iTunes logo. What now?
    Decided to restore using iTunes (shift Restore) and used the 3.0 firmware in this guide. Got all the way thru but iTunes would not recognize the Sim card. Used the guide again to unlock and everything worked. Donwloaded 6 Cydia updates with no problems. You guys are GREAT!!!! Now have an unlocked 3.0 iPhone.
    One thing for anyone trying this, make sure you write down all your Cydia Apps if you are using a jailbroken iPhone before you use this guide. All my iTunes Apps showed up from the iTunes Restore, but none of the Cydia Apps and I thoughtI remembered them all. Oh well...if I can't remember an App, it's probably not that important. Thanks again to all the threads.
    Last edited by djright; 11-02-2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi there i have a problem?after extracting the redsnow ,,,i cant browse the firmware 3.0 dude?
    wat shud i do

Hi All,

I unlock iphone using redsnow 0.8, after completing successfully and iphone does not detect sim card and "No Service" is display on screen.
    Please help.

HEI THERE..I TRIED MY IPHONE 3G IT jailbroked quite nicely till i tried to install the ultrasnow..it shows me the error of "bd zip 10/12 went in to error"..i tried sevral time the jailbreaking. it worked nicely in jailbreaking but not in ultrasnow... what may be the solution..?if u would help...thanks in advance.....

Default Confusion
    Hi, I have a jailbroken 3G with 2.2 firmware on it. I wanted to upgrade to 3.0 and I checked out the RedSn0w guide to jailbreak. It doesn't state anywhere in the guide that a restore is required but rather just a backup. Is this true? I was under the impression that this was necessary.

Thanks,

Need some help here...2g iphone, dl'ed everything, ran through once, got stuck on "downloading jailbreak data" with the respringing circle for about 10-12 minutes, then it rebooted, and ran as normal, with no cydia and icy.

I tried restoring to factory settings, same thing, tried re-dl'ing redsn0w and ipsw, same issue...any help would be great

--big coop

Default Have had many of these things happen and more!!!
    I have read most of this thread seeing mnay of these things have happened to me. Let me start from the top.

I acquired a used 2G with version 3.0 (7A341) installed. I found this thread on this site and followed these directions:

[Windows] How to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 2G Firmware 3.0 with RedSn0w

I have not previously owned an iPhone, so at the start of this process, my iTunes had not been connected to this phone.

One thing I do find strange (to me) is I am an ATT customer and so was the person I purchased this from. I thought the phone should allow me to call when I put my SIM in in, but it didn't, the usb/iTunes logo came up.

I went thru the above process as per the thread. I did it in fact several times, but it aparently didn't unlock or break as Cydia is not installed on my phone. I selected Cydia and Unlock during the process, not Icy.

I once got the hard drive picture screen from Redsnow, but hung there so long I disconnected it. Tried other times, seemed to go thru the process (never got the hard drive picture again / or any other picture) and after clicking finish on Redsnow, went to a blank screen. Read somewhere that it could take a bit to reboot from there so I waited. Came back and found phone back at the unlock screen (to get into the phone). Thought I had made it, nope.

I did this process with my SIM out and with it in. Each time when SIM was already in or inserted, up came the iTunes/USB cable screen.

Each time I would start iTunes and it would tell me that a new version was available 3.1.1 I think.

In any event iTunes would not read any information from the phone.

I unlocked a 2G with 2.1.1 for my daughter a few months back with Pwnage and had no problems, I can't seem to figure out what I am doing incorrectly.

Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by drsnaps View Post
    I've sorted it out, working great.
    I am having the same problem, please can you tell me how did you get Cydia on your phone?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast