+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem while Jailbreaking and even while Restoring

is a discussion within the

redsn0w

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello people out there, ok, so i tried to jailbreak my ipod touch 2G (ver:2.1.1) 3 days back using redsn0w 0.3....but as it turns out i am hung in the
    Thanks

Default Problem while Jailbreaking and even while Restoring
    Hello people out there,

ok, so i tried to jailbreak my ipod touch 2G (ver:2.1.1) 3 days back using redsn0w 0.3....but as it turns out i am hung in the middle of jailbreaking at this stage:

redsn0w 0.3 error while jailbreaking

i waited for quite a long time but then i stopped the process and unplugged my ipod.

then i tried to restore it via iTunes(ver 8.1.1).....downloaded the .ipsw file but got the following error while restoring:

iTunes error while restoring

Now when i try to restore it, first of all, windows doesnt recognizes my ipod on plugging in and neither does iTunes; however, when i put ipod in DFU mode then the windows recognizes and so does iTunes. iTunes asks me to restore my iPod, but when i try to restore it, i get the same error (1601). I tried it many times since then, tried changing usb ports, restarting computer, but none of it helped.

Now, the situation is that iPod doesnt work anymore....all I see is this:

Is my iPod bricked?

Any help/advice/suggestion will be appreciated....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

see my previous thread/guide.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w...w-windows.html

I came accross the same issue; however, when I received the iTunes/USB cable screen, I connected my iPhone to iTunes (i used the latest one 8.2). iTunes recognizes the phone in Restore mode. You have two choices, click on Restore then select restore and upgrade which will download a fresh copy of 3.0 and install it into your iPhone or if you already have a stock 3.0 firmware (IPSW file) in your computer you can hold SHIFT then click on restore and simply browse to your IPSW file.
    These steps should restore your phone back to a factory 3.0 firmware. Once done, you can try redsn0w again and you should be fine

(if you see my guide you will noticed that the same happened to me)

Good luck
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

3. The Following User Says Thank You to williamjv For This Useful Post:

Sagar13 (06-21-2009)

Thanks

yep, that worked for me. thanls, one more thing though: I have an iPod touch 2G, and NOT an iPhone. my current firmware of iPod touch is 2.2.1. I have the .ipsw file of 3.0 upgrade. Can i directly upgrade (through iTunes 8.2) my iPod touch via that .ipsw file or are there some technicalities involved before upgrading? (my iPod touch isn't jailbreaked yet)