Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-01-2008, 07:03 PM #1
So can someone tell me what "pwnage" actually does ?
Yeah so Heres what i know (i thinnk):
- It 's for a 1.1.3/4 iphone.
- it ships a custom firmware to the iPhone that resembles the 1.2(2.0) update coming out in june.
- it works for OOTB 1.1.3 iphones aswell
- there will be a version for windows
- this can be done on previously jailbroken OTB 1.1.3 iphones
okay is there any real purpose to do this if your iPhone is jailbroken ?
Last edited by zsuns; 04-01-2008 at 07:08 PM.
04-02-2008, 09:05 AM #2
u can make ur own iphone firmware files and restore your iphone from itunes using a customized firmware, like say a copy of your firmware with a bunch of apps
04-02-2008, 01:04 PM #3
If you have ever owned a psp and used a mod firmware on that then you should be able to figure out just how useful a mod firmware can be.
Once a mod firmware installed you no longer need to worry about missing out on future firmware features in fear of not being able to unlock it again. People will merely keep updating the mod firmware with the newest firmware updates from apple but also leave it open.