+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 5.1.1 5.13.04

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I updated my 3GS to 5.1.1 and downgraded the baseband from 6.15.00 to 5.13.104 a while ago. Last night, the battery died on me. Today, when I tried to charge
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3gs 5.1.1 5.13.04
    I updated my 3GS to 5.1.1 and downgraded the baseband from 6.15.00 to 5.13.104 a while ago. Last night, the battery died on me.
    Today, when I tried to charge it, it is stuck at the apple logo. It is a loop. It lights up, shows the logo, and then light out. Then, the whole pattern repeats. Is there any way to get the phone back to working condition without an iTUnes restore using the DFU mode?

Thanks

Most likely not.. I don't know of any other way..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It sounds most certainly like it's stuck in a boot loop, you're pretty much stuck with needing to restore. If it were any other loop, there's always a chance to not have to restore. In my personal experiences, I've never been able to get out of a boot loop without a restore (and of course I could be wrong but hey...that's what I know).

Thanks

Before you try a full blown restore tools like iReb, iBooty, and TinyUmbrella have tools which kick out of recovery mode, but in my experience they dont always work. I guess you have nothing to lose by trying these first before running a full recovery...

Thanks

The device is in a boot loop, not recovery mode. None of those will work in a boot loop. What it is, is the device is attempting to boot up into the OS but cannot and thus restarts itself. However, it never hurts to try. It's just not the target issue here.

Thanks

Ah. Thanks iAnnie. I must have been a bit tired when I posted that. Still you live and learn
    I shouldn't post when I'm tired and have to learn Mac OSX training papers on Apple ASTO by next week to gain a high enough training certificate to run the Apple store inside Currys PC World... Joy :P

Thanks

Oh I've posted when I'm tired before too. I've said some pretty wrong things...

Anyway good luck with your training! I've always wanted to follow my dreams of working with computers and electronics, unfortunately life circumstances doesn't permit that field of work for me.

Thanks

Aww! Thanks. Yea I guess you could say I love computers, and my iPhone and iPod hehe. I've done several technical jobs its just getting the experience to move away from retail and into a more rewarding job... Always found electronics, programming and computing fascinating

Thanks

Glad you get to follow the path you enjoy. If nobody got to do that, the world would be pretty miserable lol.

LinkBacks (?)