+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g unlock many issues. not att, no sim, wont go into DFU... HELP!!!!

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
i have a 3g that i had to restore so itunes restored it to 4.2 i think. well im in the UK and this is a US ATT phone. when
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3g unlock many issues. not att, no sim, wont go into DFU... HELP!!!!
    i have a 3g that i had to restore so itunes restored it to 4.2 i think. well im in the UK and this is a US ATT phone. when itunes came back one i got the SIM not supported message. so i can restore again or do anything in itunes with it. i need to jailbreak it so i can unlock it but i cant get this thing to go into DFU mode as soon as i hold down the power button the apple appears on the screen. i need any help or advice on how to jailbreak this so i can unlock. please help me get into DFU mode or tel me if there is a jailbreak that doesnt need DFU or a program that puts it into DFU. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Redsnow and follow the instruction will get u to dfu mode and jailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ive done that for about 4 hrs. tried 4 different vesions of redsn0wried. i tried getting blakra1n, posion. and anyother prgram to try and force it into DFU mode. holding the buttons are not working. ive follwed countless youtube videos. tried differnt USB ports. had other people try it. this phne will not go into DFU mode. i dont know if its because it has 4.2.1 but this is driving me crazy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Do a normal dfu , restore to 4.1 , kick out error 1015 , activate with official sim or jailbreak from emergency screen .
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-25-2011 at 11:49 PM.