+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.3.3 push notifications

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have a iP4 4.3.3 jb by pwnagetool and unlocked with ultrasn0w and I'm having push notification issues. I have installed SAM and installed it correctly. Sometimes the push notifications
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 4.3.3 push notifications
    I have a iP4 4.3.3 jb by pwnagetool and unlocked with ultrasn0w and I'm having push notification issues.

I have installed SAM and installed it correctly.

Sometimes the push notifications would work and sometimes it doesn't. For example sometimes I go on the yahoo messenger app and see that people sent me messages but there wasn't any notifications and then I go on iPusher to confirm that the notifications aren't working.

Then half an hour later or so, I would get a notification from iPusher that notifications are now working...

Is this normal?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi, sorry do not have a solution for you, but a question. I just read about SAM. Where can I find more information about it or download it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Strips View Post
    I have a iP4 4.3.3 jb by pwnagetool and unlocked with ultrasn0w and I'm having push notification issues.

I have installed SAM and installed it correctly.

Sometimes the push notifications would work and sometimes it doesn't. For example sometimes I go on the yahoo messenger app and see that people sent me messages but there wasn't any notifications and then I go on iPusher to confirm that the notifications aren't working.

Then half an hour later or so, I would get a notification from iPusher that notifications are now working...

Is this normal?
    I have the exact same issue except I do not have SAM installed... still looking for a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by jayarjo View Post
    Hi, sorry do not have a solution for you, but a question. I just read about SAM. Where can I find more information about it or download it?
    Probably here.. What exactly is SAM and where I can find more info about it?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Strips View Post
    ...Then half an hour later or so, I would get a notification from iPusher that notifications are now working...

Is this normal?
    Sometimes this is normal (haha). Sad but true.

When it works, it works great Similar to text, Push is also non-guaranteed delivery. Many hands-in-the-middle to fail. Bad cellular coverage is the worst.