+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 4.3.3 No Service after jailbreak

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs which is NOT unlocked through ultrasnow. It is locked into Vodafone UK. I used Pwnage tool to jailbreak my phone but after the procedure
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation 3GS 4.3.3 No Service after jailbreak
    I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs which is NOT unlocked through ultrasnow. It is locked into Vodafone UK. I used Pwnage tool to jailbreak my phone but after the procedure i cannot get a carrier. It says no service and i am not able to access the carrier settings. What to do??!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Build another pwnage tools that doesn't not hactivate your iphone and restore again. Let your official sim activate it to get signal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Build another pwnage tools that doesn't not hactivate your iphone and restore again. Let your official sim activate it to get signal.
    I'm sorry, what do you mean. How do I activate the sim, the phone is already activated with the sim

Thanks

I have a feeling your activation is through hactivation of your custom fw. When you create your custom firmware, by default in simple mode, it hactivates your iphone. If you are with official carrier for this iphone , your custom fw should not be hactivated, you go into expert mode and uncheck the activate my iphone and once restored, put your official sim to activate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a feeling your activation is through hactivation of your custom fw. When you create your custom firmware, by default in simple mode, it hactivates your iphone. If you are with official carrier for this iphone , your custom fw should not be hactivated, you go into expert mode and uncheck the activate my iphone and once restored, put your official sim to activate.
    So are you saying also that my sim should not be in the phone when I jailbreak it?? Also, how do I get the option to uncheck the activate iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default fixed it!! Had same problem
    Hi there, I had same problem after jailbreaking phone. I showed no service (I have at&t in the usa). I didn't want to go through other 2-3 hours of backing up, restoring phone and then jailbreaking, so I just deleted ultrasnow from my cydia packages and that fixed the problem. I know you said you didn't unlock your phone thru ultrasnow, but then delete that other 'application' you used to unlock your phone. Once you delete it, phone should be able to get signal right away. I made the mistake of mixing redsnow after previously unlocking it with ultrasnow, but I learned my lesson, next time everyone should delete ultrasnow package from cydia and then jailbreak with redsn0w

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gar1G View Post
    So are you saying also that my sim should not be in the phone when I jailbreak it?? Also, how do I get the option to uncheck the activate iPhone?
    Use expert mode and under general uncheck activate my iphone. You can leave your official sim in there to activate thru sim.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juluis View Post
    Hi there, I had same problem after jailbreaking phone. I showed no service (I have at&t in the usa). I didn't want to go through other 2-3 hours of backing up, restoring phone and then jailbreaking, so I just deleted ultrasnow from my cydia packages and that fixed the problem. I know you said you didn't unlock your phone thru ultrasnow, but then delete that other 'application' you used to unlock your phone. Once you delete it, phone should be able to get signal right away. I made the mistake of mixing redsnow after previously unlocking it with ultrasnow, but I learned my lesson, next time everyone should delete ultrasnow package from cydia and then jailbreak with redsn0w
    Just to confirm, my phone is not unlocked, and i don't want to unlock it either. therefore, i don't know what you mean by application to unlock. My tool for jailbreaking is the pwnage tool

Use expert mode and under general uncheck activate my iphone. You can leave your official sim in there to activate thru sim.
    Are you 100% sure is going to work, or is there a chance that this may hinder my phone further? i do need 100% confidence in the answers being given as i cannot afford for my phone to fail whilst im on business trips etc.
    Last edited by Gar1G; 06-15-2011 at 01:39 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just do what the man said. When you create custom firmware select expert mode and uncheck Activate phone. When the restore is finished your phone will be in the connect to iTunes to activate screen. Insert your carrier Sim card and that's it.