Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-10-2011, 06:07 PM #1No Cellular Connection After Installing iOS 5
I have been using my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.2 jailbroken through PWNAGE Tool 4.3.2.
I decided to use the iTunes 10.5 beta to install iOS 5 to check it out and quickly realized how unusable it is this early in the development. So I restored my iPhone 4 to the official iOS 4.3.3 and then used PWNAGE Tool v4.3.3 to create the custom firmware. Once installed, everything works on the iPhone except the cellular connection to AT&T.
At the moment I am running my iPhone with the official iOS 4.3.3 and it works as it should.
Troubleshooting so far:
- Restored to official iOS 4.3.3 then created the custom firmware again and installed without the SIM card in
- Verified the Modem Firmware (Baseband) is still 04.10.01
- Not sure if my IMEI or ICCID would have changed due to using iOS5 and connecting to AT&T's network (I don't think it could connect anyways)
- Tried resetting the iPhone through Settings (Reset All Settings, Reset Network Settings)
- Is there any other software on the iPhone that would prevent my SIM from connecting to AT&T's network when running iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken?
- Would restoring/upgrading with iTunes 10.3.1 versus iTunes 10.5 beta make any difference?
Any thoughts on this is appreciated.
06-17-2011, 01:09 PM #2
06-17-2011, 03:03 PM #3Thanks for the reply...
A restore to the official iOS 4.3.3 works fine (including cellular).
My mistake was when I was creating the custom restore IPSW file the option to "Auto-Activate" was checked. This is usually used for those who aren't with an official carrier. Once I unchecked it and restored from that custom restore file everything worked perfectly.
Hope this helps.
06-17-2011, 04:14 PM #4