Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 4.3.3.1 with iPhone 4 - Wrong Firmware Bundle Selected

Default Pwnage 4.3.3.1 with iPhone 4 - Wrong Firmware Bundle Selected
    I'm trying to upgrade my iPhone4 to iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw using this link iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.3.3] .

Using the link on the iclarified page gives me PwnageTool 4.3.3. That gave me the message "Wrong firmware bundle selected" .

I then tried to find a newer version, 4.3.3.1. Also not working.

Is something wrong with my computer or am I downloading the wrong files?

Thanks

Thanks

did you get your ipsw's from apple (are they official ipsws) if not that is the problem, there are links in the download section of this forum that will allow you to download official firmwares
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got it from iClarified's link from that page. I will try it now from the Downloads section of the forum.

Update:
    I just checked iClarified's link and I think it is from the Apple official ipsws. http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/04...2_Restore.ipsw .

Is that correct?
    Last edited by misterdobi; 05-30-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks

if you got it from the iclarified link then that is an official firmware, you can try redownloading and disabling any antivirus before the download
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks I got it. Something was wrong with my downloading manager.

Only PwnageTool retains your baseband, right? redsn0w and others will update the baseband? I'm asking because I need the unlock on this iPhone.

Thanks

correct, pwnagetool will preserve your baseband