+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't restore again to Custom 4.2.1 with baseband 6.15

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I am on an iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 running a 06.15.00 baseband (iPad baseband) I use Ultrasn0w to unlock and use the T-Mobile network and have been doing this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iPhone won't restore again to Custom 4.2.1 with baseband 6.15
    I am on an iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1 running a 06.15.00 baseband (iPad baseband) I use Ultrasn0w to unlock and use the T-Mobile network and have been doing this for about 8 months. I thought it would be a good idea to restore my iPhone because it had been a while. Before when I first updated to 4.2.1 and updated my baseband to the iPad version it worked fine. If I remember correctly I have actually done this through redsn0w and a different time by restoring to a custom 4.2.1.ipsw that would Activate my phone, add iPad baseband, and load cydia.

Anyway, today I have been EXTREMELY frustrated because I created a new 4.2.1.ipsw because I lost the old file and pwnagetool put me in DFU mode and when I went to iTunes and restored from the custom ipsw it ended with an ERROR 1015.

I have been looking at every possible website trying to figure out the solution and downloaded TinyUmbrella to try and exit recovery mode but it simply puts me back in it. If someone could help me and explain to me why I can no longer restore to my custom firmware and be happy with the best phone ever made that would be the best blessing in the world. Thank you.

EDIT: It's the morning now and I am trying again. It seems like I cannot restore to my custom firmware WHILE IN DFU MODE (I get a 1600 error code) but if I try and restore from the stock it will allow me to do that but it will just fail with a error code: 1015. (I think because of my iPad baband,) After it fails though it puts me in RECOVERY MODE. And it will except my custom firmwares but still fails with a 1015 error. PLEASE HELP. TinyUmbrella won't "exit" or "fix" recovery mode.
    Last edited by keegancherry; 05-10-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Download redsn0w and use it to put your device into pwned DFU mode and only then try restoring your iPhone.

Thanks

Have a look at GreenPoison. Try reinstalling 4.1 then run GreenPoison. It will JB and install a button called "Loader" that will install Cydia, from there use UltraSn0w to unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like pml said, use the program to put the iPhone into DFU mode. I've done it before using the CFW I made without using any program but most of time I get the error. I use pwnagetool, so right after it makes the file, it'll give you steps for DFU. Afterwards it should run with no issues. Or try to update your iTunes.