Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: after pwnagetool33 3gs stuck in dfu loop

Default after pwnagetool33 3gs stuck in dfu loop
    Okay, I've been trying for a day or two to get this working and feel I made some progress, just need to kick out of recovery and I'll be good to go.

Today I made another custom 4.3.3 ipsw with pwnagetool. Then pwnagetool walked me through gettting into dfu mode. I chose alt-restore in itunes and it got all the way through everything and rebooted my iphone. No errors.

When my phone came back up, itunes still sees it as needing to be restored. Tinyumbrella does not see my phone, so I cannot kick it out of recovery that way.

I even ran limera1n. It says "In DFU, waiting..."

The only thing that will see my phone is itunes, and it wants to restore again.

Thanks in advance.

I couldn't get this to work, but I did manage to downgrade back to 4.1 custom firmware. I had to use pwnagetool 4.1.3 and make a new custom 4.1 ipsw from the original 4.1ipsw and the ipad322ipsw (to get the baseband). Then, everything worked like it should.

I'm now considering trying to make a new 4.3.3custom.ipsw, but not sure I want to go through the hell of the last few days again if I get stuck.

*phew*
    Last edited by depan3; 05-09-2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dear Depan3,
    I faced the exact problem as u when i installed the 4.3.2 firmware for 3 days !
    use this to kick it outta recovery mode (FIX RECOVERY):
    for max osx:
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...covery-osx.zip

for windows:
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/do...overy-win.zip#

I never followed up. Problem was I was running Tinyumbrella when I shouldn't have been. I had to uncheck "save cydia to hosts" in the advanced pane and quit it, then do the pwnage build of 4.3.3 ipsw and reload. Also, be sure to get the latest cydia pkg when installing. I had an old one, which would crash in 4.3.3 and had to rebuild the ipsw again and do it all over. but I got 4.3.3 working with 6.15.00 with the help of this forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

^ that's precisely it. When restoring to stock or custom fw on currently signed fw (which as we know right now is 4.3.3) you cannot have tinyumbrella running or pointing to Cydia's server during the restore or else you'll get an error or get stuck in recovery. You'll need to have iTunes communicate with Apple's server for a currently signed firmware.

Glad you figured it out though, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by depan3 View Post
    I never followed up. Problem was I was running Tinyumbrella when I shouldn't have been. I had to uncheck "save cydia to hosts" in the advanced pane and quit it, then do the pwnage build of 4.3.3 ipsw and reload. Also, be sure to get the latest cydia pkg when installing. I had an old one, which would crash in 4.3.3 and had to rebuild the ipsw again and do it all over. but I got 4.3.3 working with 6.15.00 with the help of this forum.
    Dear All,
    I experiencing the same problem: I have built a custom 4.3.3 ipws with pwnagetool and (apparently) successfully uploaded to my Iphone 3Gs with iTunes, but then it does not reboot and iTunes keeps saying that it finds an iPhone which needs to be restored.

I do not have TinyUmbrella (or similar) running and I checked that there is no re-definition of the apple address in /etc/Hosts; so I do not think it comes from there.

But for what relates to Cydia, I'm not sure: what does it mean 'be sure to get the latest cydia pkg when installing'? I just used the defaults in pwnagetool 4.3.3 ... Is there something that I need to change? How can I check that?

Any hint would be much appreciated.

ps: I am trying to do the jailbreak with pwnagetool because I need to unlock the phone once I succeeded. I understood this is the only way: can someone confirm this? Is is true that doing it with JailbreakMe would change the baseband in such a way that it can't be unlocked later on?