+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: error code 1015

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi I'm having the same trouble, stuck on itunes logo and error code 1015 when trying to restore. i have tried reds0w tiny umbrella ziphone etc. what am i doing
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default error code 1015
    Hi
    I'm having the same trouble, stuck on itunes logo and error code 1015 when trying to restore. i have tried reds0w tiny umbrella ziphone etc. what am i doing wrong? just new to iphone so need step by step easy instructions. can anyone help me. this is my thirteen year old Daughters phone and i'm getting constant earache off her, please someone help me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clgriley View Post
    Hi
    I'm having the same trouble, stuck on itunes logo and error code 1015 when trying to restore. i have tried reds0w tiny umbrella ziphone etc. what am i doing wrong? just new to iphone so need step by step easy instructions. can anyone help me. this is my thirteen year old Daughters phone and i'm getting constant earache off her, please someone help me
    Ziphone? Oh dear god. A few details please: model, fw, baseband, shsh stored? Don't worry, error 1015 is easy to fix, and is thoroughly covered in these forums. Try a little searching first and report back if necessary with the info requested above.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi
    The phone is an iphone 3gs 16gb. 4.2.1 thats all i can remember its still stuck on the itunes logo

Thanks

Ok, IF:

1) you're on a STOCK 4.2.1, and
    2) your phone was originally locked to AT&T, AND
    3) you want to use it on AT&T (highly doubtful that all three conditions are met, since you're getting this error)

Just search on these forums. There is a one-click tool that will cure your problem. Otherwise, there is currently no unlock for the baseband associated with that fw. There is a tethered jb, but I wouldn't recommend it for your daughter. As soon as 4.3 comes out, there will be an unlock for this baseband. Again, if you want to use the device on AT&T (or, for that matter, T-mobile), I recommend restoring to a stock fw to remove any ziphone crap and just waiting.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whats the one click tool you mentioned?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,197 Times in 6,977 Posts

If you are getting error 1015 when restoring to 4.2.1 then you most likely have the iPad baseband installed. You need a custom firmware to restore to that has no baseband update in it. Or if you have shsh you can go back to 4.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how would i know if i have shsh?

Thanks

You can use tiny umbrella to see what SHSH you have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    If you are getting error 1015 when restoring to 4.2.1 then you most likely have the iPad baseband installed. You need a custom firmware to restore to that has no baseband update in it. Or if you have shsh you can go back to 4.1.
    Respectfully disagree, x98car, as I was getting this error last week while downgrading a 3G which had never had the iPad baseband to 3.1.2.

To the OP, I can't remember the name of the tool, but as I've said twice already, search is your friend. I want you to paste the following words into the search box at the top of the very page you are looking at: 1015 error.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

Um, I did say if you are getting that error when restoring to 4.2.1 (underline 4.2.1) then it is the iPad baseband at fault. If you are restoring to 3.1.2 and getting that error then all that means is that at some point the phone was on a higher firmware and baseband.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Um, I did say if you are getting that error when restoring to 4.2.1 (underline 4.2.1) then it is the iPad baseband at fault. If you are restoring to 3.1.2 and getting that error then all that means is that at some point the phone was on a higher firmware and baseband.
    Ah, ok. You know more about error messages than I. Thanks for everything!
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

It's cool