Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnagetool does not recognize 4.2.1 firmware bundle

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need to unlock my iPhone 3Gs with version 4.1 to use international SIM card
    Currently my phone is unlocked. I have:

Cydia 1.1.1
    ultrasn0w 1.2.3

Modem Firmware 05.14.02
    Version 4.1 (8B117)
    Carrier ATT 8.0
    Model MC137LL

I am currently in Europe and would love to use a local SIM card. I have not bought one yet but I was reading that I need to have a baseband version 06.15.00. So I'm trying to set it up before I buy one.

I found the link to Update #3 in the dev blog. Where it states the Update #3. The link on that update does not work now.

Also, #2 states: "If you have an old-bootrom 3GS and are already unlockable but want to get to 4.2.1, please wait til we release an “unofficial” bundle for you. Read no further."

What does an "unofficial bundle" mean and where can I get it?

Do I even need to do this or should the way my phone is should work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Giovanni

Question iphone 3g problem
    hi fellows,
    how are you doing ?
    i am having some trouble with my iphone 3g: it was 4.2.1 ios baseband 6.15.00 and it was jailbroken. Then i just joined in itunes and it has automatically updated and blocked. Now my iphone is in recovery screen: [USB] -> ITUNES.
    I've readed a bit about it and downloaded pwnagetools for mac. downloaded the 4.2.1 ios for iphone3g 8C148 .
    So when i used the pwnagetools 5.0, it just tells me: wrong firmware bundle detected.
    then i`ve downloaded pwnagetools 4.3. And it recognized the ipsw 4.2.1, then it asked for ipad ipsw, i gave. i follow the instructions here: How to Prepare Your iPhone for Unlock with PwnageTool
    and when i opened the itunes to restore my customized ipsw, gave me error 1600.
    now i dunno what to do, could anyone gimme a hint or help ?
    thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12