+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winterboard problems

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello I am new to this jail-breaking phenomenon and am eager to learn. I have a 3GS on the newest software (4.2.1 I believe). I have successfully installed cydia and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default winterboard problems
    Hello I am new to this jail-breaking phenomenon and am eager to learn. I have a 3GS on the newest software (4.2.1 I believe). I have successfully installed cydia and winterboard. When I try to apply a theme it does the loading symbol in the middle of the screen and after a few seconds goes to my lock screen but nothing has changed. Hope someone has some advice - thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If your on ios4 which you are then you may have downloaded a theme that was not compatible with ios4. see in ios4 the names of the ui images changes alittle and if theme is not compatible on ios4 some things may not theme or it just wont theme at all. you have to download a theme that is compatible with ios4, how do you know? well the theme usually ussually says if it is or if it's not in cydia al you have to do is look at the reading remember you have a 3gs so I wouldnt recommend any hardcore themes cuz your iphone could lag abit which means it could be slower. live weather and clock are things that could lag your phone. hope I helped

3. The Following User Says Thank You to athleticswimmer For This Useful Post:

zakin03 (12-06-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I appreciate the advice - still having issues unfortunately. Any other advice? Anyone?