+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g Jailbreak - No Service

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just jailbroke my iphone with 3.1 and I now have no service, I tried to remove the sim card and re-insert with no luck, I tried to find something
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3g Jailbreak - No Service
    I just jailbroke my iphone with 3.1 and I now have no service, I tried to remove the sim card and re-insert with no luck, I tried to find something in itunes to activate it with no luck, what am I missing here?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I have the same problem
    I'm going to remake a clean ipsw (or whatever its called) and try to restore it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

4 hours later I gave up on this jailbreak bs.... A custom background isn't worth the hassle...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Had the exact same problem. Turned out to be the custom firmware I aquired. Unless you got yours from a reliable source, try it again but with another copy of Custom 3.1 and it will work.

Thanks

Did you install ultrasn0w even if you are on AT&T or some other legit carrier? If you didn't then install it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to satch2501 For This Useful Post:

ratzaff (10-12-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip84 View Post
    Had the exact same problem. Turned out to be the custom firmware I aquired. Unless you got yours from a reliable source, try it again but with another copy of Custom 3.1 and it will work.

I'm having the same problem. Are you on Att? Did you have to activate your phone after jailbreaking? Do you still use ultrasn0w even with att?

Thanks,
    Brad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Most people are encountering this problem when they are using a official SIM, the one that matches their iPhone and pwn it with a custom firmware bundle that was created with "Activate" clicked on.

If this is the case for you, you need a custom firmware bundle create with "Activate" de-selected.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There were two things I tried at the same time so they could be either
    1) I downloaded the update ispw (or whatever) file through firefox (from a reliable source) instead of safari bc FF opens it different.
    2) I clicked unactivate while in pwnage bc my phone belongs to ATT already.

Tried it all again.

Everything worked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys ive had the exact same thing happen to me.

I updated my 3G iphone to 3.1 and then used pwnage 3.1 to jailbreak the phone, i can't find anywhere that has the option to deactivate? Once jailbreaking had finished I had cydia but had no cell coverage/service/reception.

I didn't download or use a custom ipsw. I just used the one that quickpwn made for me. The tutorial I used said that this is the way to do it?

I'm using the sim the phone was supplied with, and it's not locked to that provider anyone.

any help advice would be great guys?

thanks

okay i worked it out.

i just created a new ipsw file with the check box of activate (under the general tab) NOT ticked and it works perfect.
    Last edited by illusionzzz; 09-26-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dear illusionzzz
    I have a iphone 3g.
    Is it possible for you to share this fireware with me. I cant find any versions with activate unchecked and i do not have a mac.
    jhtet (a) yahoo dot dk

thanx in advance
    Last edited by newbee09; 09-30-2009 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by illusionzzz View Post
    I updated my 3G iphone to 3.1 and then used pwnage 3.1 to jailbreak the phone, i can't find anywhere that has the option to deactivate? Once jailbreaking had finished I had cydia but had no cell coverage/service/reception.
    When you run PwnageTool 3.1, select "Expert Mode". Under General Settings, it will allow you to select or unselect "Activate the phone".

Basically, If you are using an official service provider like AT&T, Uncheck “Activate the phone”.

If you are using an unofficial service provider like T-Mobile, then check "Activate the phone".
    Last edited by reddawg; 10-01-2009 at 02:35 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

13. The Following User Says Thank You to reddawg For This Useful Post:

FonKaizoku (10-11-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could some nice and helpfull person please upload or link to or send me or... a firmware with "activate" unchecked, for All og us retarded pc-users, pleeeeeaaaaase! Firmware3.1 For my 3G iPhone.
    best regards
    jhtet (a) Yahoo dot dk

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    When you run PwnageTool 3.1, select "Expert Mode". Under General Settings, it will allow you to select or unselect "Activate the phone".

Basically, If you are using an official service provider like AT&T, Uncheck “Activate the phone”.

If you are using an unofficial service provider like T-Mobile, then check "Activate the phone".
    Thanks.
    I used ultrasn0w to get service again, but my number is displayed as private/blocked when I call someone and I cant connect to my carrier (SoftBank in Japan).....

I tried to redo the restore following your advice, but I still have my number as private and this is kind of a problem.... suggestions on fixing it?

Thanks...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Guys,

if you have a problem with no service/reception after jailbreaking your iphone 3g with a custom firmware 3.1,
    what you do is via cydia install ultrasn0w buy adding the following repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com.
    reboot and you should have your signal, but for some reason you will loose your carrier name like i have done so not sure why that is though.

please let me know if it doesnt work.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to afro For This Useful Post:

ratzaff (10-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FonKaizoku View Post
    Thanks.
    I used ultrasn0w to get service again, but my number is displayed as private/blocked when I call someone and I cant connect to my carrier (SoftBank in Japan).....

I tried to redo the restore following your advice, but I still have my number as private and this is kind of a problem.... suggestions on fixing it?
    I would normally think that if your number is being displayed as private/blocked that your cell provider is responsible for this. Can you override it? In the USA, *82 overrides the caller ID block.

Do you have another phone? Try puting your SIM chip from your iPhone into another phone and see if you number still comes up as private/blocked.

FYI: Firmware 3.1 has a known cosmetic bug concerning the carrier name. There is an application in Cydia called MakeItMine, that will allow you to enter the name of your cell carrier so it is displayed on your iPhone next the the signal strength bars.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed ultrasn0w and my service is back up and running!!! Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I, too, have no carrier signal when JBing 3.1.2 via Pwnage 3.1.4

Redsn0w installation / reboot process did nothing.

I heard we may need to find a 3.1.2 IPSW to restore from, but idk where to find such things =/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afro View Post
    Guys,

if you have a problem with no service/reception after jailbreaking your iphone 3g with a custom firmware 3.1,
    what you do is via cydia install ultrasn0w buy adding the following repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com.
    reboot and you should have your signal, but for some reason you will loose your carrier name like i have done so not sure why that is though.

please let me know if it doesnt work.

I am having this same problem and tried your suggestion. I pulled ultrasn0w down from Cydia and all I'm getting now is "Searching..."

Any suggestions?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bump.

I am having the same issues, i am also running 3.1.2.

I need my phone to be hacktivated in order to keep my current plan.

Ultrasn0w here i come after my phone reboots lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by illusionzzz View Post
    hey guys ive had the exact same thing happen to me.

I didn't download or use a custom ipsw. I just used the one that quickpwn made for me. The tutorial I used said that this is the way to do it?

I'm using the sim the phone was supplied with, and it's not locked to that provider anyone.

any help advice would be great guys?

thanks

okay i worked it out.

i just created a new ipsw file with the check box of activate (under the general tab) NOT ticked and it works perfect.
    Where is this General Tab? I don't see it. Please let me know. Thanks. - Andrew

I am getting "searching" as well. Did anything work for you?
    Last edited by badand80; 04-21-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

LinkBacks (?)

1. Cbox
    Refback This thread
    09-03-2012, 04:18 AM