Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Other ways to enter DFU??

Exclamation Other ways to enter DFU??
    Okay, so basically, my home button doesn't work. I need to jailbreak to be able to use a soft home button. But in order to jailbreak, I have to get into wonderful DFU mode, which requires the home button. It would be so nice if the Dev Team would find a way around having to use this in every single jailbreak. What I'm asking is this - is there any alternative, preferably software-based, way to enter DFU mode? Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

not for 2.2 that i am aware of

There is no other way - you need to get your home button fixed!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

1.) First download the required archive Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

2.) Extract the archive to the root of your hard drive, should be C:/DFU/

3.) Connect your iPhone and ignore iTunes

4.) Goto Start - run

5.) Next type in “c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu”

6.) Wait for iPhone to show a “white” screen

7.)now you may proceed to upgrade&downgrade(whatever you want)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

confucious (01-24-2009)

You learn something every day!
    Just downloaded and created a Batch file to do that - a lot easier than getting the timing right!
    Thanks given
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

upgrade&downgrade with itunes , i supossed?

Quote Originally Posted by andreiarturo View Post
    upgrade&downgrade with itunes , i supossed?
    Upgrade and downgrade what? From what and to what? This thread is just about entering DFU nothing to do with upgrading or downgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    1.) First download the required archive Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

2.) Extract the archive to the root of your hard drive, should be C:/DFU/

3.) Connect your iPhone and ignore iTunes

4.) Goto Start - run

5.) Next type in “c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu”

6.) Wait for iPhone to show a “white” screen

7.)now you may proceed to upgrade&downgrade(whatever you want)
    about this thread , dont get angry!!

Quote Originally Posted by andreiarturo View Post
    about this thread , dont get angry!!
    Apologies if I came across angry! I wasn't - just didn't see waht upgrading / downgrading had to do with entering DFU mode - maybe I should have read the post?

If it is already running a previously pwned os then you don't need to enter DFU mode to upgrade. Its only if you doing a clean restore (what I would recommend anyways, it has so much less room for fail) or updating a virgin os to a pwned ipsw. But the batch file sounds reasonable, not on windows, but there are ways to get around it. But you may want to get your home button looked at (if your brave you can pull it apart and try yourself, but don't risk it if you aren't sure)

hey my phone is on the same thing i got some cartoon guy with his hands up and I go in DFU mode and it go in to restore and then it stops