Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got rid of Error (5), (6), (1600)! Yay!

Default Got rid of Error (5), (6), (1600)! Yay!
    FINALLY I got rid of that dumb error and restoring my dumb phone like 30 times.

I did this with my phone on 2.1 OFFICIAL firmware previously pwned from 2.0.1, but I don't think it matters. I was also on iTunes 8.0 and Vista.

Here's the way I did it:

-Download QuickPWNGUI.
    -Next, get yourself a copy of official 2.0.1 firmware.
    PLEASE NOTE 3G or 2G!

And also PLEASE have your 2.1 Custom firmware ready too. These can be received from WillyDavidK. (Thanks bro)

Next step seems to be tricky, but it's extremely easy, just gotta be quick.

-Start up QuickPWN.exe, go through the initial intorduction and select your OFFICIAL 2.0.1 firmware you downloaded earlier.

It'll bring up a cmd window. Turn off your iPhone and Enter. Basically it'll tell you of a process of Power/Home and special timing methods. DO NOT SELECT YES JUST YET!

This is the point where you want to be!

Open up Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc -Vista) and highlight "quickpwn.exe".

Now at this point you go through the method of the Power/Home combo. During this method your screen will turn white, it's during the part where it'll tell you to LET GO OF POWER. As soon as your screen turns white you end process "quickpwn.exe". Your phone will stay will that white screen, thats what we want.

Thats it! You've done the hard part!

Now open up iTunes 8 and Shift+restore your Custom Firmware and it'll go pass that nuisance error message.

I take no credit for this.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nascasho For This Useful Post:

ddochi11 (02-13-2009), hernlui (03-03-2009), Houls (09-17-2008), Hyperextension (09-17-2008), j2flo (09-20-2008), JazJon (09-16-2008), Marco Gessler (11-09-2008), mr.sparky (09-20-2008), muaddib (09-23-2008), nishitsharma (09-16-2008), porktart (09-19-2008), soulthoughts (04-06-2009), tC_Crazy (09-16-2008), TT KH (10-06-2008), vassalle (09-17-2008)

Thanks a lot bro!!!!

Nothing else was working..my iphone was alternating between error 1600 and error 6 with no hope of getting anywhere. I had to reuse my old Nokia N70 for today and it was a real pain!!

I didnt have quickpwn but had winpwn 2.5 so I tried ur method using winpwn itself (thinking that since both are essetially the same utilities it shouldnt matter) and lo...it worked!!! Of course I killed the winpwn process where u had suggested to kill the quickpwn one.

Also, to point out specifically (though it may be quite obvious), for the ppl who're stuck at errors 1600 or 6 and those whose phone is not responding after an upgradation attempt-they should first restore the phone to an OEM (not the jailbroken/unlocked/customised) firmware (2.0, 2.0.1 or 2.0.2) using the normal sequence of button presses to enter DFU and restoring. Then they should follow the above mentioned method ahead from "Turn the phone off..." statement.

Great to be back with my iPhone and hope this method work for the other sufferers too.

Cheers,

Nishit

Banned
    Thanks
    It worked, however, i'm not getting any signal...AT&T..
    Any idea

Quote Originally Posted by KoA View Post
    It worked, however, i'm not getting any signal...AT&T..
    Any idea
    Try a re-restore.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nascasho For This Useful Post:

JazJon (09-16-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks ! worked great. Small correction though
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post2211621 <~~~ ,my post
    Last edited by JazJon; 09-16-2008 at 10:23 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

j2flo (09-20-2008)

YOU ROCK for finding this!
    thank you!!!! fixed my 6 --> 1600 errors.
    couldn't even kick it out of DFU until I did this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tC_Crazy For This Useful Post:

JazJon (09-17-2008)

I get to the white screen part and kill quickpwn but then I lose the white screen and a black screen with the pineapple logo pops up and then I get the (6) error. I've tried it 3 times now and the same result every time. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Got it! Obviously I just wasn't killing QuickPwn fast enough. Thanks for this awesome work around!
    Last edited by Houls; 09-17-2008 at 06:07 AM.

Thank you so much for figuring this out and posting... I struggled with this problem for 2 days and your solution worked like a charm.

thanks a lot dude! did the trick for me. I've been going round round in circles with the error six, restore to 2.0.2 and quickpawn and only to try restore to 2.1 again after reading soo many success stories.

Just a quick question, quitting quickpwn when the screen turns white, does it damage my iPhone in anyway? i was sortof nervous when I had to quit quickpwn in the middle of the process. But nevertheless, it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by vassalle View Post
    thanks a lot dude! did the trick for me. I've been going round round in circles with the error six, restore to 2.0.2 and quickpawn and only to try restore to 2.1 again after reading soo many success stories.

Just a quick question, quitting quickpwn when the screen turns white, does it damage my iPhone in anyway? i was sortof nervous when I had to quit quickpwn in the middle of the process. But nevertheless, it worked!
    Maybe if you left it there for 3 days straight then maybe, lol. But no, it wouldn't.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nascasho For This Useful Post:

JazJon (09-17-2008)

Thanks a lot man. Worked perfectly.

What am I doing wrong? I downloaded quickpwn, went through the whole ordeal, followed it's instructions, but my phone never turned white at all.....any suggestions people?

Sorry just to clarify before I try this, I will be able to jailbreak my 2.1 iPhone 3G in Windows? and ill end up with both Cydia and Installer?

I cant take waiting for WinPwn much longer so may give this a try.

Thanks

I get that it works, my question is (to anyone who may know), why does it work?

Default same problem here
    I have the same problem, I tried all methods to put my iphone in DFU mode after upgraded to 2.1 so far it was a fruitless effort. I think apple changes or disable DFU. Is there a sofware out there that can put or phone in DFU. I tried the iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Intgra93_4

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    I get that it works, my question is (to anyone who may know), why does it work?
    basically the phone isn;t longer checking for an "authentic" iphone update file, so it think that the custom ipsw is stock.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My phone is also having a hard time going into DFU mode. I also tried the iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu method to no avail; the command prompt just closes. Wondering if anyone else is having trouble, and/or found a solution?

Start up QuickPWN.exe, go through the initial intorduction and select your OFFICIAL 2.0.1 firmware you downloaded earlier.

is is 2.0.1 or 2.1

im so confused
    why would u need to ahve the old 2.0.1 firmware for 2.1 update?

OMG man
    I LOVE YOU FOR POSTING THIS.
    i mean seriously.. i was on my iphone for 3 days trying to restore but no go.. probably wiped it out and tried to recover it 100 times at least.. i really thank you, man. really really thank you... you saved my day GOOD. =)

EVERYTHING WORKING FLAWLESS!! (hopefully continue to do so that way)

btw, this is my first ever post and i love being here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTW!!

What about getting rid of the 1600 and 2001 error on the Mac's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast