Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GUIDE, Upgrade from Jailbroken 2.0.2 to Jailbroken 2.1 without losing ANYTHING!!

Thanks!
    Last edited by cyneller; 09-19-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: fixed it myself

Windows Quickpwn 2.1 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

yeah... if you try this from 2.0.0 your gonna end up with the swod. if anyone was as retarded as me, just restore it via itunes and then quickpwn that ****. all of your **** is gone so if you have the swod, plug it in and ipod access will still recognize it and you can at least back up your songs. i'm so pissed i dont even feel like finding the ASCII facepalm but i'm sure you can all paint a mental picture...

yeah to do this you need to be on 2.0.2, next time go up in incrimental steps or it will be too much change for the phone to handle.

Anyone used this on windows yet? How'd ya get on? Can I change the guide to say it's safe?

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Anyone used this on windows yet? How'd ya get on? Can I change the guide to say it's safe?
    Yep, got it to work with Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!, a few notes though:
    1) the old /stash folders still have a ".kdsask" type suffix so you'll need to either remember which ones were old or look at the folder creation date.
    2) I didn't see any non-ipa apps until I re-installed Winterboard
    3) You'll need to move the themes from your old Themes.****** folder to the new one after reinstalling.
    Other than that just follow the guide to the letter and you should be fine.

One more thing (sry): you may have to reinstall the Dock application if you have it but after you do you should still have all the same categories with the same apps in them (just the folder icons are reset).
    Last edited by elr0y7; 09-19-2008 at 07:17 PM.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

that method did work. things didn't appear tho i had to move them first....and some refuse to appear like converter.app , recorder.app i suppose cause it's not compatible with 2.1 probably.

Thanks it was a great help

and i cosign with the one above me
    the folder still had the letters after the appliation.folder

basically to remember which is which the new one has none of the application that you installed (via installer or cydia)

alryt can anyone help?
    im up to the step where im suppose to move files..
    its showing me 3 folders for each name. example
    i have 3 applications folders and so on..
    one of them has the cydia apps on it which is the one that has the current date
    the other 2 dont have the cydia apps..

any ideas.. im stuck

Quote Originally Posted by jUeLz23 View Post
    alryt can anyone help?
    im up to the step where im suppose to move files..
    its showing me 3 folders for each name. example
    i have 3 applications folders and so on..
    one of them has the cydia apps on it which is the one that has the current date
    the other 2 dont have the cydia apps..

any ideas.. im stuck
    The safest thing to do is to move the two old folders to your computer, then copy everything from the older of those two folders into the newer folder and when you see a prompt telling you that there is a file with that name already then always choose to keep the newer file (which should be the one already in that folder), this way you'll be keeping the more up-to-date file. Then once you have all that into one folder you're going to copy that folder back into the folder that is still on your iphone (which should have the most up-do-date files seeing that it was the newest folder), you should get the same type of prompt as before and you're going to do the same by keeping the newer file which is already in the folder. Doing all of this should give you the newest files but also keep any more files that were created on your phone by you. Personally I just copied everything from my older folders to the newer one and it overwrote the newer files (which I didn't mean for it to do) but everything is still working fine for me.

Default iphone stuck on black screen, vibrates every 30 secs..
    Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    Yep, got it to work with Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!, a few notes though:
    1) the old /stash folders still have a ".kdsask" type suffix so you'll need to either remember which ones were old or look at the folder creation date.
    2) I didn't see any non-ipa apps until I re-installed Winterboard
    3) You'll need to move the themes from your old Themes.****** folder to the new one after reinstalling.
    Other than that just follow the guide to the letter and you should be fine.

One more thing (sry): you may have to reinstall the Dock application if you have it but after you do you should still have all the same categories with the same apps in them (just the folder icons are reset).
    I'm having trouble here, I have Windows and I've completed up to the Quickpwn step. Quickpwn said my phone appears to have been pwned successfully and to wait for the phone to reboot. Well it's been stuck on a black screen with the apple logo on it and the loading indicator thingy and my phone is vibrating every 30 secs. Its been like this for 20 mins..Is this happening to anyone else? Am I supposed to wait longer or should I restore?
    Last edited by candyg12l; 09-20-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I accidentally deleted the wrong "include" folder in Step 4. Am I screwed?

Quote Originally Posted by candyg12l View Post
    I'm having trouble here, I have Windows and I've completed up to the Quickpwn step. Quickpwn said my phone appears to have been pwned successfully and to wait for the phone to reboot. Well it's been stuck on a black screen with the apple logo on it and the loading indicator thingy and my phone is vibrating every 30 secs. Its been like this for 20 mins..Is this happening to anyone else? Am I supposed to wait longer or should I restore?
    I heard of this happening to someone else too but I'm not sure, Try hard resetting it by holding home and power and try to turn it on again, otherwise I think you might have to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by rospamenator View Post
    I accidentally deleted the wrong "include" folder in Step 4. Am I screwed?
    I don't know exactly whats in that folder but if your phone is still running you should be fine

hey i did everything and i got all my apps ..

so when i tried to start cycorder or any other hacked apps it just crashes and heads back to spring board..

on the mobile installation framwork file i named the properties to 0755 and restarted and everything..
    can you tell me what im doing wrong??

Edit: oops i was suppose to set it at 775 not 755 lol.. I'll try again and repost

Edit 2: Dammit!!! ok the apps from cydia and installer is not working!!!!!

Can someone please let me know how to get the hacked apps to work??

i finally got all the apps to show but they keep crashing and head back to spring board...

please ive been doin this all night, can someone tell me wht to do thanks!
    Last edited by aqd84; 09-20-2008 at 06:26 AM.

Can't seem to find a download for 2.1 FW. Any ideas?

thanks!

edit: found a DL for the normal 2.1, but do we need a modded version for this method?
    Last edited by adamnur; 09-20-2008 at 06:36 AM.

hi guys. ok i successfully upgraded and quickpwned my phone. when i was trying to correct all the folders i mistakenly deleted the wrong ringtones folder i think. so my phone is only showing the default marimba ringtone. so now how do i change the ringtone folder so that the phone can read the old folder. help guys.

Update: fixed the problem by re-updating and quickpwning . Wasted another hour to get everything right again.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 09-20-2008 at 11:36 PM.

hey guys ok i cant seem to get my installer apps to show up.. i added from the old folder to the new folder.. reboot and it doesnt show up.. i had mobile installtion at 0775 and reboot .. and nothin.

Try installing a free app through the iTunes Store...

Reboot your phone...

There's a good change all your previous apps will reappear...

Good luck...

wallyİ...

Does anyone know where the shortcuts are located that lead to the wallpaper.xxxxxx folder? Both my new and old wallpaper folders have the same modified date, so I need to find out which one is the new one.

Thanks will be due, and given! THANK YOU!

edit: also, does anyone know how to get cydia to recognize what is installed already? Otherwise it won't know when to notify of updates, etc.
    Last edited by adamnur; 09-20-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    STAGE 4

Run the Cydia app and install openSSH onto your iPhone and reboot it.

Use Transmit or whatever you would rather use to SSH into the iPhone by Wifi. Please remember if you changed your SSH password it will now be "alpine" again and if a warning comes up about the key has changed do not panic this is normal.

Once you have access into your iPhone via SSH you can change the password again using Terminal if you wish?

Now using SSH navigate to the VAR/STASH Folder

You will find 2 of each folder. One ie:-

/Applications
    &
    /Applications.kuhfh (these last 5 digits are random, YOURS WILL BE DIFFERENT)

What you need to do is move all the files inside the original /Applications folder that are apps from Cydia/Installer ie Cydia.app, Cycorder.app, Bossprefs.app etc to the new Applications.kuygk folder.
    DO NOT MOVE ANY OF THE NATIVE IPHONE APPS or you will brick your phone.

Do this for all the other folders in the STASH folder.

Then delete the old folders that dont have the 5 random letters/number (.khkug) at the end.

QUICK TIP TRICK

I found a quicker way than copying was to just delete the new folders with the 5 random keys at the end and rename the old ones so they have the same ending. THIS TRICK WILL NOT WORK FOR THE APPLICATIONS FOLDER THOUGH.
    NOW REBOOT THE IPHONE.

YOU WILL STILL NOT SEE THE CYDIA APPS ON THE SPRINGBOARD.
    After pwning my phone successfully yesterday twice (read below why), there is one observation that I wud like to make.

After installation of Cydia and running it for the first time, Cydia automatically reorganizes your folder structure without user input. So when u ssh into ur phone to /var/stash u will see two Applications.xxxxx folders and so on for all other folders. Some you can figure out after slow & tedious comparison but others are just impossible to know even by their dates.

So i suggest readers NOT to delete anything but rather RENAME (eg. Ringtones.xxxxx.bak) the folders u "most likely think" are older versions. Then reboot ur phone and check if eveything is working. Only after a complete confirmation that every function and feature and setting is working fine, u may go ahead with deleting the folders. Of course this will not work on /Applications but others shud be fine.

Now as to why I quickpwned my phone twice: bcos I ended up deleting the wrong Ringtones folder (without any backup) . So i was left without any ringtones .

If anyone has a better suggestion pls. let us know.
    Last edited by saifeeab; 09-20-2008 at 11:38 PM.

Well I messed up my phone the first time. When I repeated the process on my sister's phone, I just took a screenshot of the old /var/stash folder components and compared it to the new ones after upgrading.

It was much easier to delete that way.

thats a pretty gud idea adamnr. I think i will do the same on my bro's phone next.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast