25 41.67%
  • - had a problem but was my own fault - now solved

8 13.33%
  • - wasn't and isn't working yet

24 40.00%
  • - ater using pwnage - my iPhone is a brick now

3 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Upgrade to 2.1

Default Pwnage Upgrade to 2.1
    I did with pwnage the upgrade to firmware 2.1 and the tool was working:

Are you using iPhone 2G or 3G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

So far on 2G it is perfect. Now I am making the custom ipsw for my 3G and do that one next.
    -Nicole

Good to know. I have two 2Gs here at home but I'm not sure yet, if I should have a try or wait until more is known about the 2.1 upgrades.

more detail plz, did you loose anything from your library doing all that uninstalling back & forth? Can you still use all your apps?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just recovered from a major meltdown.

Was on 2.02 Pwnage 2.0.3 with itunes 8, Somehow during a sync some data got corrupted and iPod was acting weird also I had a huge amount of "other" data. Playing with Sync did not get rid of it so thought would try and update to 2.1.
    Well the update worked but still had huge orange other....
    Tried some things which did not work, then got the lovely error 6 and connect to itunes logo.
    Couple more attempts at DFU did not work nor did re Pwnaging. Was getting ready to try and downgrade to iTunes 7 when thought to give it one more go.
    Killed Off iTunes Helper, Fired up Pwnage 2.1 somehow got the DFU right en boom was in....

iPhone back up running 2.1 all is good, will slowly try music etc back on.
    Last edited by bladerunner88; 09-13-2008 at 05:42 PM.

can someone provide the bootloaders, i tried the ones from this site, but it's not working. thanks in advanced

It's in German, but click on Bootloader Dateien and you will download the bootloader.rar data which you have to unzip.
    *|*iphone-notes.de
    Good luck.
    2.1 is working perfectly on my iPhone 2G.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I used Pwnagetools to make custom ispw's for 2GiPhone (Cydia, Installer, Activated) and 3G (Cydia, Installer, Unactivated) and RESTORED by 'Shift+Restore' (on Windows) or Alt+Restore (on Mac) WITHOUT putting the phone into DFU mode. I then choose to set up the iPhone as new and DID NOT used my back up.

Everything works perfect on both my 2G and 3G iPhones. Hope everything works out for you guys if you try and follow my steps.

Default smoothe upgrade
    Have an iPhone 2G, tmobile, prior Ziphone jailbreak, then moved to Iphone 2.0.2 and used Pwnage.

Today downloaded the 2.1 ipsw, dowloaded the Pwnage 2.1, used existing 3.9/4.6 BL from January.

Opened Pwnage and followed the instructions to creat the custom ipsw.

Closed Pwnage (did not do a DFU).

Upgraded itunes to 8.0

Plugged the phone into itunes, and used "option + Restore", chose the custom ispw and it restored the iphone to 2.1.

Everything synced fine, my contacts and apps all synced and worked.

The only issue I saw was modmyiphone source in cydia was giving me NetDB errors for a number of packages, but then there was a source update today that seemed to fix that.

Still get errors in cydia for some sources, like paperclipsandscrabble (i want my british sliders back), but expect the developers to fix those in the coming days.

Haven't noticed any improvement in battery nor any performance increases.

I miss the safari bookmarks I had previously for mobilze, translate etc.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I used Pwnagetools to make custom ispw's for 2GiPhone (Cydia, Installer, Activated) and 3G (Cydia, Installer, Unactivated) and RESTORED by 'Shift+Restore' (on Windows) or Alt+Restore (on Mac) WITHOUT putting the phone into DFU mode. I then choose to set up the iPhone as new and DID NOT used my back up.

Everything works perfect on both my 2G and 3G iPhones. Hope everything works out for you guys if you try and follow my steps.
    Is this using iTunes 8?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know what the diff between the 2.0.2, and 2.1?

Or are they doing this because they know we hackers always have to upgrade to the newest and best?

I'm not goingto upgrade till i know what is different...I just did .2 the ther day, now 2.1....lol

Lets see, my phone has seen 1.02 111-112-113-114-20-201-202, and now on to be 2.1?ha ha ha, tis is fun!!
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

i've downloaded the boot files, but it doesnt seem to register with the pwnage tool. it keeps telling me its the incorrect file even though i've downloaded it. can anyone please give me some advice?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Anyone know what the diff between the 2.0.2, and 2.1?

Or are they doing this because they know we hackers always have to upgrade to the newest and best?

I'm not goingto upgrade till i know what is different...I just did .2 the ther day, now 2.1....lol

Lets see, my phone has seen 1.02 111-112-113-114-20-201-202, and now on to be 2.1?ha ha ha, tis is fun!!
    This is the best upgrade yet so far

No more lags, No more apps crashing, Better 3G signal/bars, No more delays with opening contacts, no more keyboard delays before letters typed. Icons STAY where they were durring app upgrades too

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    This is the best upgrade yet so far

No more lags, No more apps crashing, Better 3G signal/bars, No more delays with opening contacts, no more keyboard delays before letters typed. Icons STAY where they were durring app upgrades too
    x2.. best FW yet..
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

Thanks

Worked like a charm, first time as always.

Default Wifi not working
    Everything seems to be working fine in 2.1 other than the Wifi. In fact 2.1 is so much more stable than 2.0. But even when it recognizes my Wifi network it gives me a msg saying unable to join network. Can someone please shed some light on this.
    Thanks!!

I bought my unlocked, jailbroken orginal iPhone at 2.0. about a month ago.
    Pwned 2.0.1 and 2.0.2.

1.Any attemps to restore custom 2.1 in DFU resulted in error 1600(a dozen or so attempts, including rebooting) Attempted restores in Recovery Mode(USB and iTunes icon) resulted in error 6(about a half dozen times)

2.iPhone now in permanent recovery mode(non-functional) Pwnage bricked it at 2.1.

3.Restored to factory 2.1 release.(no longer unlocked and asking for valid sim card)

4.Quickpwn'ed at 2.1(Cydia,Installer and all non-apple apps gone. However Boss prefs seems to still be active because battery bar is numerical still. Can't reinstall tzones hack, hence no EDGE)

-Updated OS X to 10.5-->

5.Initiated System Reset(Erase All Content and Settings) from iphone - after wipe complete iphone no longer boots. Perpetually stuck in boot. Apple logo, spinning wheel, Apple logo spinning wheel.. etc.

-iTunes no longer see iPhone. DFU mode restore yielded errors.

6.Got it back into restore mode (press home and power button till shuts down, then press and hold home button while connecting to computer. iTunes finds it in recovery mode with usb and iTunes logo). Restored with Pwn'ed 2.1 firmware, and restored from my backup.

7.iPhone now working again, but back at number 4 above. with no Cydia, installer, boss prefs or non-apple apps.(but numerical battery still active) Terminal is gone, SSH can't be activated, no way to get into iphone. No t-zones neither.

I'd love to just have t-zones back... any help would be a make me . Good luck to anyone also having problems.

Will have to try Restoring and setting up as a new iPhone later(instead of restoring).
    Last edited by gezebo; 09-18-2008 at 06:18 AM.

That's affirmative.

I tried it twice last night. restoring your data from backup will delete Cydia and installer. The Read me in Cydia regarding 2.1 also tells you this but since I(most people) want to restore the backed up data, I never got to look at it last time.

Setting up as new iPhone works, but all your notes, clock settings, contact favorites, text messages etc... are gone.

It's one or the other.

Good luck!

You can of course SSH your mobile/Library dir out of your iphone prior to updating, this dir holds all your private data (contacts, calendar, sms messages etc) and then ssh it back into your iphone you have set up as a new phone to get all your private data back. I did this on my 16gb going from 1.1.4 to 2.1 and it worked perfect. 2.1 Pwned is running great and the improvements over the earlier 2 builds are astounding!
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

If you are upgrading to 2.1 from 1.14...please use these links to do it systematically.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.1 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    Prefer this link. Fantastic screen by screen guide for upgrade & it works like a jiffy....

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-download.html

Hope it helps...

Regards,
    A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast