Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows

Thanks

Default Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows

This tutorial won't unlock your iPhone 3G!

To follow these tutorials, you must have the following:

Here are all the steps you need to follow:

1.Download all the files mentioned above.

2. Install Winpwn 2.5

3. Create a new folder named WinPwn (or whatever you like) and place the winpwn shortcut, firmware file and BL files in the folder.

4. Open Winpwn and select the first picture representing iPhone 2G.

5. In next step, select 2.0.2 and click next.

6. Then, it will ask if you want to use the official carrier. Click thumbs up for yes and thumbs down for no. Skip the next step if you click
    thumbs up in this step.

7. Now, it will ask if you want to unlock. Just click thumbs down if you only want to activate and click thumbs up if you want to unlock.

8. Then, it will ask if you want to use custom boot logos. Click thumbs up if you want custom boot and recovery screen logos but if you choose thumbs down, skip the next step.

9. Now, click on the two iPhone pictures to select the different boot and recovery logos. If you want to search online gallery, first click on browse so it changes to online and then click on the two iPhone pictures.

10. When you click next, it will start building the custom firmware.

11. After custom firmware is built (will be saved in My Documents), you will be asked if you want to start the DFU wizard. Click thumbs up.

12. Then, it will ask if your phone is turned of and connected via USB. If not, then do it and click thumbs up.

13. After that, it will give a ready to pwn message. Click OK.

14. First of all, press and hold power button till countdown ends.

15. Then, hold both power and home button till countdown ends.

16. Then, release power button and keep holding home button till countdown ends.

17. After you get the success message, release home button and quit pwnage.

18. Then, open iTunes to restore to the custom iPhone Firmware in iTunes. To do this, while holding shift, click restore and select the custom firmware.

19. After the phone reboots, it has been pwned successfully with Cydia and Installer on home screen

Notice: If you face crash while building firmware, use the expert mode and set partition size between 700 MB to 900 MB

All credits go to CMW and DevTeam for this software.
    Last edited by sayam; 08-30-2008 at 08:05 AM.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

alex1002ro (11-13-2008), angel212019 (05-31-2009), bballcat03 (09-07-2008), bigcoop (10-07-2008), blackjack22 (11-21-2008), Cody Overcash (10-06-2008), equus (08-30-2008), fighter (04-19-2009), hunglo601 (10-13-2008), jdiggs916 (02-06-2009), Kaloyan (09-07-2008), lok214 (02-11-2009), Lokahi (12-08-2008), Matt51723 (03-14-2009), PhxBlue (08-30-2008), realmx (09-01-2008), rollyfl (10-12-2008), RottieMan (10-04-2008), sairojc (10-22-2008), Sigmund (06-23-2009), stelliejames (07-26-2009), TT KH (09-02-2008)

after im done with everything? to unlock, do i go to clydia and install the bootneuter to unlock my iphone to work with a tmobile sim card?

as i was using the bootneuter, the auto-lock was on for 1 minute. the message on the screen as the bootneuter was running said "DO NOT INTERRUPT". i had to restart my iphone since it started to act up. now im trying to restore it back to factory settings to redo the whole process again. should i back up with the one that reads "unknown" or the very first backup it as since ive tried one and it failed to back up.

by the way, before doing the backup, my iphone screen reads "cannot make calls, contact apple support"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoleAddict23 For This Useful Post:

jdiggs916 (02-06-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What I do If I get this error

The Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (1601)

When doing the restore of the firmware with my Iphone in DFU mode and using Itunes 7.7

I'm doing this restorewith the custom firmware using Winpwn2.5.02 from a 1.1.4 unlocked Iphone 2G

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vchavez For This Useful Post:

jdiggs916 (02-06-2009)

i have 3g i phone. i created custom frimware.i did all the steps.putting phone in dfu mode but when i try to Restore custom frimware in itunes it give me error wat i am doing wrong or missing ? any idea ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usa_mostwanted007 View Post
    i have 3g i phone. i created custom frimware.i did all the steps.putting phone in dfu mode but when i try to Restore custom frimware in itunes it give me error wat i am doing wrong or missing ? any idea ?
    @soleaddict23, it seems to me that interrupting bootneuter has lead to some serious problem with the bl or bb.

@vchavez, search the forum about this error and you will get a lot of information!

@usa_mostwanted007, did you choose the iPhone 3G image in Winpwn home screen?

Hello,
    i followed Sayam's instructions and everything seems to be working just fine. my question is to get my t zone to work do i still need to download t zone hack from installer or cydia? also do i need to type in wap.voicestream.com on the APN section or not. thank you in advance.

does this skip activation because im thinking of upgrading to 3g but im not trying to start ANOTHER 2 yr plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sayam thanks I'm looking for the answer using the search option in the forum but I'm still stuck because there are many ways of getting this error.

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem like The Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error ocurred (6)

this seemed to have worked perfectly so far

i cant seem to get past step 12, i turn the phone off and hit the thumbs up and seconds later it says "Failed to Pwn your device do you want to retry?" btw its 1st gen 16gb iphone

yh i did choose the 3g option i just cannot restore my iphone with custom frimware. i dont know wat i am doing wrong.

i made it.. i downloaded all needed files again and tried it again. it works i am restoring my backed up stuff. i will update my reply later ..
    Last edited by usa_mostwanted007; 09-03-2008 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Hash Check failed?
    Hi , I cannot get the .ipsw file to work on the iPhone 3g. I downloaded the speified restore file and clicke iPhone 3g, it then tells me the hash check is failed/invalid hash. It works if i select iPhone, only fails with iPhone 3g selection. Please can I have any ideas for what i can do, Thanks in advance
    Last edited by barenson; 09-03-2008 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barenson View Post
    Hi , I cannot get the .ipsw file to work on the iPhone 3g. I downloaded the speified restore file and clicke iPhone 3g, it then tells me the hash check is failed/invalid hash. It works if i select iPhone, only fails with iPhone 3g selection. Please can I have any ideas for what i can do, Thanks in advance
    This tutorial is for 2G iPhone as the file specified and steps are not for 3G. But you can download the 3G firmware file here and select 3G iPhone in Winpwn and do the rest of things except unlocking...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

Hwncuitepie (08-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Sayam could you kindly help me on this I have spent 3 days on this but still a no go I got to the very end but no cigar. All I could see is that rainbow apple logo at the end, and other times are code 6 code 1064. Any suggestion all this after using a desktop at home and another desktopat work and a laptop and 14 different usb port. What's there to do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am currently still using firmware 1.1.2 (jailbroken and locked through AT&T). Before I update the jailbreak, should I upgrade to the most current firmware available through itunes or just do it using my current 1.1.2 firmware? Just don't wanna mess anything up -_- thanks

And before I start WinPwn, should I have already have my Iphone hooked up to my computer via USB cable? And do I still have to go to my Task Manager and end all applications that have itunes on it prior to Win Pwn? thanks again...lol
    Last edited by kane3o1; 09-03-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

where does the custom firmaware go?

I cannot even view this program properly on my computer. I am using a standard 20" widescreen lcd. The thumb up and thumb down aren't even present on the screen on step 6. I wheeled my mouse over the entire window but it can't pick up anything.

This sucks.. lol am I the only one with this problem?

I changed my window resolution to everything and it doesn't help.

Any advice?????

Help... Have 2g 2.02 iphone. followed instructions to the T. While building custom IPSW file WinPwn program shuts down.....

I though it was norton but I disabled it. Tried in my computer using Vistsa as well on an Xp computer with netframe 2.0 same results. Program quits in the middle of building IPSW file.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everybody, hi Sayam, im a newbie here, have a question which u probably new alrdy....i jus got my new 3G iphone from singapore which is unlock by the TELCO....Wat i need is to jailbreak the application, please advice, thanks in advance.....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast