+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help: iPhone says incorrect password when trying to receive email

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I've got a wired issue. Just upgraded my first generation iPhone to Apple firmware 2.0.2 via PwnageTool. Everything went fine. When I set up Exchange syncing Calendar and Contacts get
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Please help: iPhone says incorrect password when trying to receive email
    I've got a wired issue.
    Just upgraded my first generation iPhone to Apple firmware 2.0.2 via PwnageTool. Everything went fine.

When I set up Exchange syncing Calendar and Contacts get synced without any problem instantaneously.

When I open the Mail application, all of the mailboxes folders show up correctly (= as in Entourage 2008).

However, when I try to send/receive email the iPhone says the password for the account is incorrect and prompts for a new password.

To be very clear: I'm absolutely 100% sure that I did use the correct password. Syncing Calendar and Contacts works like a charm. The folders of the mailbox can be retrieved without a problem.

It's only the emails themselves that do fail with the iPhone stating I'm using an incorrect password.

I downgraded back to firmware 2.0.1 but the problem persists.

I set up an alternative IMAP account to a hosted server (which has NOTHING to do with our Exchange server). Same problem. No emails can be received.

Any idea?
    Any help?

Obviously I've tried the usual stuff like deleting the account and setting it up again. NOTHING solved the problem.

Your help and input is very well appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have same issue plus periodically my wifi drops out saying incorrect password. The wifi I can reinstate through settings but zero luck with the email... ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Not yet. I thought it might be an issue with the SSL stack and tried accessing an https page with Safari. Works.

In fact: Everything works EXCEPT Exchange and IMAP accounts. This is driving me nuts!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually looking at it more.. the email password does not save on the settings screen once you exit. Must be a bug.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, but even if you enter the correct password when prompted, it does not help. I've contacted Dev Team about it.

PwnageTool 2.0.3 potentially breaks email functionality

Posted a potential solution:

Warning: Using PwnageTool 2.0.3 potentially breaks email functionality
    Last edited by BeSharp; 08-25-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just so you know:
    Jailbreaking with pwnage tool 2.0.3 is creating an issue with passwords for wifi and email being stored.

The Fix:

1. SSH into the device
    2. Change the permissions on the folder /var/Keychains to 777

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jk111 View Post
    Just so you know:
    Jailbreaking with pwnage tool 2.0.3 is creating an issue with passwords for wifi and email being stored.

The Fix:

1. SSH into the device
    2. Change the permissions on the folder /var/Keychains to 777
    Tired this still not working made sure to reboot iphone and wifi still keeps asking for password and gmail not working saying wrong password

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same EXACT problem and its driving me NUTS. someone please help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why don't you use the latest version of PwnageTool which resolves ALL permission issues?

(See URGENT: PwnageTool 2.0.3.1 update available)

setzer715
    Alright guys, I downloaded the latest pwnagetool, version 2.1, from this link: PwnageTool 2.1 is out!. Upgraded to 2.1, yes, thats right, I'm running firmware 2.1 on T-mobile. This has fixed my email issues, I am now able to sync with my works exchange server and google just fine!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How I resloved this problem
    I'm surprised this thread is so old with no recent updates.
    I am at ios4.1 on 3GS jailbroke with limerain.
    At first my email was all fine then it would give me the error, your username or password are incorrect and then load many blank unread emails with a year 2000 date on them and none of them could be opened.
    I have an exchange and yahoo email account.
    If I restarted via sbsettings it would give me the same error.
    I entered safe mode via sbsettings and accessed email with no problem. Then restarted and everything worked fine.

It's happened a few times so far and this safe mode method has worked every time so far.

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    I'm surprised this thread is so old with no recent updates.
    I am at ios4.1 on 3GS jailbroke with limerain.
    At first my email was all fine then it would give me the error, your username or password are incorrect and then load many blank unread emails with a year 2000 date on them and none of them could be opened.
    I have an exchange and yahoo email account.
    If I restarted via sbsettings it would give me the same error.
    I entered safe mode via sbsettings and accessed email with no problem. Then restarted and everything worked fine.

It's happened a few times so far and this safe mode method has worked every time so far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by andyharp; 02-09-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default figured
    Most of the time it is your username that you get wrong, i have had the same isue many times but i end up solving it by loging into my account on my computer to check the username before i add my account on the iphone. try it and see.