Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Pwn 2.0.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [How-To] Pwn 2.0.2
    My steps:
    Upgrade to 2.0.2 in iTunes
    Download quickpwn
    Extract quickpwn and place 2.0.1 IPSW in it. ( I have been told that 2.0.2 IPSW works also, but I havent confirmed it.)
    Follow quickpwns steps
    And voila!

I have no clue if this damages the phone at all but I have a 2G iPhone running 2.0.2 pwned and unlocked!

PS I added an extra step of DFU-Restoring to 2.0.1 before I started this process, and I dont know if that is neccessary. And also I have not tried to pwn my 3G since it would update the baseband.
    Last edited by mfleigle; 08-18-2008 at 07:26 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfleigle For This Useful Post:

brentk (08-19-2008), pnmd (08-19-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

you sure? you meant jailbroken i hope...not unlocked.
    You are now have jailbroken 2.0.2 on your phone?
    How are the k'ed apps? working?

Thanks

This makes sense. I just used Quickpwn but forgot to upgrade in iTunes first to 2.0.1. My phone just rebooted still jailbroken with all my custom mods and firmware 2.0.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    you sure? you meant jailbroken i hope...not unlocked.
    You are now have jailbroken 2.0.2 on your phone?
    How are the k'ed apps? working?
    To be clear my 2G iPhone is running 2.0.2 jailbroken and unlocked. (I cant confirm the unlocking personally since I do not have any T-Mobile signal where I am, but the carrier menu is there.)

I am also hearing you can use .02 directly in quickpwn, but I havent personally confirmed this/
    Last edited by mfleigle; 08-18-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks

My steps:
    Download quickpwn
    Extract quickpwn and place 2.0.1 IPSW in it. ( I have been told that 2.0.2 IPSW works also, but I havent confirmed it.)
    Follow quickpwns steps
    And voila!
    CONFIRMED! It does work. I'll see if I can post some screenshots soon.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this work with the 3g

lf it does you will be updating the baseband when upgrading to 2.0,2 in iTunes and this rules out unlocking in the future!!

This does not really bother me as I'm on contract with O2 and don't need to unlock but it may affect others.

Anyway getting back to Quickpwn does it work with 3g and if it does do we put FW2.0,1 or 2.0,2 in the folder.

Thanks
    IphoneCrazy

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    CONFIRMED! It does work. I'll see if I can post some screenshots soon.
    Is that on 3g with the 2.0.2 ipsw? Or using the 2.0.1 ipsw on a 2.0.2 phone?

I have a 3G and I am also curious if this will mess up any future possible software unlock, even though I just ordered my $20 sim-unlock :-) ....... and bugs or anything of that sort?

Also, does anyone know if the quickpwn will activate the iPhone??
    Last edited by Playa4Life352; 08-18-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    Does this work with the 3g

lf it does you will be updating the baseband when upgrading to 2.0,2 in iTunes and this rules out unlocking in the future!!

This does not really bother me as I'm on contract with O2 and don't need to unlock but it may affect others.

Anyway getting back to Quickpwn does it work with 3g and if it does do we put FW2.0,1 or 2.0,2 in the folder.

Thanks
    IphoneCrazy
    It does work for the 3G, but in updating to 2.0.2 it updates the baseband. And yes that means no unlocking may be possible, but to someone like me who only gets AT&T signal its no big deal. But I am guessing once they unlock the oem 3G baseband it will be able to unlock all, or create a baseband eraser. I have been curious as to why the dev team states further baseband versions will be un-unlockable since the 2G could on any (eventually).

And I need to update my original post, since 2.0.2 firmware does not work in quickpwn. (But you use 2.0.1 fw to jb 2.0.2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice one "mfleigle" for the confirmation.

Have you noticed any difference with reception and 3g data transfer speeds, my 3g data is terible and needs sorting out. I really hope this update sorts it.

Any updatesbapreciated.

IphoneCrazy
    /Marc

Download quickpwn
    Extract quickpwn and place 2.0.1 IPSW in it.
    Follow quickpwns steps
    And voila!

it works if your pwn already just upgrade with itunes then use quick pwn you will loose everything you had 3rd party after quick pwn cydia is their

im unlock JB on 2g now 2.0.2 on tmobile

Thanks

yes I have a 3G and everything works. Customize and winterboard too.

All apps seem to load faster. My wifi signal seems to stay locked onbrtter in the weak areas
    I now have 5 bars on 3g where I used to get 2 or 3. I'll see better tomorrow when I'm out and about. For me on Att contract it's worth it to get rid of the lag.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

lol you beat the devteam.

edit: I can confirm that updating to 2.0.2 in iTunes keeps all your apps, except jailbroken ones, including Cydia and Installer.

edit 2: I can confirm that on my machine at least, you cannot use QuickPwn on 2.0.2, mine crashes.
    Last edited by Jay316; 08-19-2008 at 01:11 AM.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by dennny View Post
    Download quickpwn
    Extract quickpwn and place 2.0.1 IPSW in it.
    Follow quickpwns steps
    And voila!

it works if your pwn already just upgrade with itunes then use quick pwn you will loose everything you had 3rd party after quick pwn cydia is their

im unlock JB on 2g now 2.0.2 on tmobile
    Can anyone confirm that the phone is unlocked at 2.0.2 in addition to being jailbroken after pwning?

You state that you're on T-mobile which makes me think that it is still unlocked but I just want to be sure before I try this!

Thanks!!

Deleted
    Last edited by Fiziks; 08-19-2008 at 03:08 AM.

Confirmed working for a 2G. Sweet

Only thing that bothers me is that you get that uglyass pineapple logo, but i noticed logo.png in the quickpwn folder, changing this might give you a custom one? Is there anyway besides repwning the phone to remove that uglyass fruit?

I can confirm this works too with Quickpwn GUI

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    My steps:
    Download quickpwn
    Follow quickpwns steps
    And voila!

I have no clue if this damages the phone at all but I have a 2G iPhone running 2.0.2 pwned and unlocked!

PS I added an extra step of DFU-Restoring to 2.0.1 before I started this process, and I dont know if that is neccessary. And also I have not tried to pwn my 3G since it would update the baseband.
    im following you step by step, ive updated now im trying to jailbreak it using your guide. But the phone keeps going into DFU mode and going to itunes. you think my timing is just off?

update, at first I was using quick pwn the GUI version, and it kept kicking me out when i get to the DFU step so i switched to the original quick pwn and it worked, so now im on 2.02 JB and Unlocked thanks man. oh yeah no installer, I don't care though, I didnt use it much on 2.01 by the time another major update comes out we will have an easy method of getting it on there
    Last edited by KeanBurke; 08-19-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Its worked great for me, cydia and installer are on there but im having a problem with installer - all the sources are empty. Even if i add more sources, refresh the list it's still blank (when i select "all packages" etc). I've tried reinstalling everything, same problem. Weird
    Last edited by dayloon; 08-19-2008 at 04:33 AM.

I'm going to wait till its been confirmed by the Dev Team before doing this as I had alot of trouble with 2.0.1 last week

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast