Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Pwn 2.0.2

yes after i upgraded it stay unlocked lost my 3rd party apps everything else was fine after i use quick pwn

Thanks

Only thing that bothers me is that you get that uglyass pineapple logo, but i noticed logo.png in the quickpwn folder, changing this might give you a custom one? Is there anyway besides repwning the phone to remove that uglyass fruit?
    Replace logo.png and restore.png with any Winpwn boot logo. If the logo worked in Winpwn it should work here. You must rename the files to logo.png and restore.png for it to work. Got my own custom logos on pwned 2.0.2 3G iPhone.

Regarding jailbroken apps. After Quickpwn I ended up with two Applications folders in the /stash directory created by Cydia. Seems like all the files were there, they just didnt show up on the Springboard. When I reinstalled all my apps, I ended up with two Applications folders seemingly identical except for the file dates. Actually there are double folders withing /stash now. One set is apparently for the old setup and the other set is current. I am thinking about deleting the older folders and seeing what will happen but not sure.

Regarding 3rd party jailbroken apps, after upgrade and Quickpwn I ended up with 2 Applications folders in the stash folder. One showed just the official apps and the other showed evidence of the jailbroken apps.

For any of the doubters out there, below are some screenshots showing the 2.0.2 firmware, Cydia operational and custom graphics.

One Caveat: I am locked on ATT, then again it is a 3G. So this will work on a 3G IF you are on an authorized carrier like ATT, O2 etc...

Last edited by bhz1; 08-19-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added screenshots

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

where is the original restore/ logo.png file to replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    where is the original restore/ logo.png file to replace it?
    in the main quickpwn folder it says "logo.png" and "restore.png"

oook hmm what about quickpwn gui, the one release last night, is their anyway to change it using that?

What happens if you just rename or remove the logo png's from the folder? Will it error out or just maybe leave the Apple ones in place?

well i changed the two files to custom .png files, but now its just a black screen on start up instead of where the normal apple logos would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    well i changed the two files to custom .png files, but now its just a black screen on start up instead of where the normal apple logos would be...
    mines too. I dont want this damn pineapple **** on my phone.

follow this, you can get the normal apple boot logo back instead of the ugly pineapple logo

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6068264
    Last edited by KeanBurke; 08-19-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

WHat is weird is I was just gpoing to do this for my son's 3G told him it would take like 10 min. DOnt you know freakin iTunes couldnt do a simple firmware update on his phone? Ended up in restore mode and iLiberty buttons are grayed out for kicking out of recovery mode. This is not DFU but simple recovery with the cord logo.

SO we are restoring his winpned 2.0 firmware. This has nothing to do wiht quickpwn, but why iTunes couldnt update is beyond me. WOrked fine on my 2.0 which was exactly the same as his.

I've decided I'll give it a go but I want to back up my current boot logo, when SSH'ing into my iphone where can I find the boot.png file?

Cheers

Thanks

WHat is weird is I was just going to do this for my son's 3G told him it would take like 10 min. DOnt you know freakin iTunes couldnt do a simple firmware update on his phone? Ended up in restore mode and iLiberty buttons are grayed out for kicking out of recovery mode. This is not DFU but simple recovery with the cord logo.

SO we are restoring his winpned 2.0 firmware. This has nothing to do with quickpwn, but why iTunes couldnt update is beyond me. WOrked fine on my 2.0 which was exactly the same as his.
    UPDATE

All back to normal. I took his phone and used his laptop where we originally winpwned his 2.0 and i still couldnt boot out of recovery so we restored his pwned 2.0 firmware. We then downloaded Quickpwn on his laptop and ran from there without a hitch. Perfectly running 3G on 2.0.2 jailbroken. I feel bad because I made the noobish error of not having him sync his phone first since he "wouldnt lose anything". I had no issues doing this on my 3G last night. Anyway he lost a few photos on his camera roll, and some recent texts he had saved. Oh well could have been worse.

I still wonder why my XP laptop didnt want to update his iPhone? Maybe because he was winpwned and synced on a Vista machine? Funny but when we did his winpwn, the custom firmware wouldnt load on his Vista laptop but I could load it on my XP system? This time the same custom firmware that wouldnt load up a couple of weks ago loaded fine today. HUm......

The only thing I did differently is when I wnet to do the upgrade in iTunes with his iphone, I told it not to backup first, concerned it might mess up my iPhone stuff. When I clicked upgrade it did some stuff, went into restore mode and came back with an error saying that the iPhone could not be updated. I'm kicking myself for not remembering what the darn error code was, but it was one I havent seen before, not error 6 or 1.

I guess this maybe explains why some folks seem to go through the process seemlessly and others doing the exact same thing have problems. But the question is why?????? At anyrate, I promised my son Id run his phone over to him at his job since he had to leave for work.

@bhz1

So i'm on 2.0 unlocked/JB'd right now, what the best way to quickpwn?

1. Upgrade to 2.0.1 first then quickpwn followed by a backup, or
    2. Upgrade to 2.0.2 then quickpwn them backup?
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

I tried to quickpwn and I am getting a windows error to close the program?

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    My steps:
    Upgrade to 2.0.2 in iTunes
    Download quickpwn
    Extract quickpwn and place 2.0.1 IPSW in it. ( I have been told that 2.0.2 IPSW works also, but I havent confirmed it.)
    Follow quickpwns steps
    And voila!
    wait does this mean to update and install to 2.0.2 in itunes first?
    Last edited by TahBOSS; 08-19-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TahBOSS For This Useful Post:

kurrupt_1 (08-19-2008)

it means you have to upgrade your iPhone firmware via iTunes.

This is a total waste of time, its screwed up so much! BEWARE!

Thanks

So i'm on 2.0 unlocked/JB'd right now, what the best way to quickpwn?

1. Upgrade to 2.0.1 first then quickpwn followed by a backup, or
    2. Upgrade to 2.0.2 then quickpwn them backup?
    I can only speak for a 3G iPhone. My 2G is still on 1.1.4 since my son that uses it loves iPhysics and it hasn't been ported yet.

What I did was UPGRADE (not restore) in iTunes to 2.0.2 then ran Quickpwn using a stock 2.0.1 firmware dropped into the Quickpwn folder.

The Quickpwn part ran trouble free both times. The only problem I had was iTunes not wanting to upgrade one of the phones, it forced me to restore.

I guess you're not doing it right.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiGi-C View Post
    This is a total waste of time, its screwed up so much! BEWARE!
    Worked perfectly for me the first time. Have 2.0.2 jailbroken and Cydia, Installer and all my App Store apps running fine, so I myself, would not consider this a waste of time.

Even got my custom boot image as well.

Worked for me.

Gen2.5 -->2.01-->2.02

No problems, stayed unlocked and activated after the upgrade ran the 2G bat file, followed the directions and all is good.

This worked perfectly. I stumbled on the "Set up your iPhone" in iTunes...because I was afraid to setup as a new phone since i have a current provider. It just creates a new profile in itunes for this "new iphone" the jailbroke one.

thank you so much!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast