Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help please - iPhone on emergency calls only

Thanks

Default Help please - iPhone on emergency calls only
    I managed to follow the pwnage guide using 2.0.0.4 but when i restore (+ shift) in Itunes it runs through the whole update scenario but it puts my Iphone in the emergency calls only screen. How do I kick it out of this screen so it opens up correctly?

Many thanks

Ian

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

That just means its not activated, plug it into Itunes and activate it.

Thanks

sorry for being thick but would that not just ask for apple ID and a password which I dont have. The idea for me was to jailbreak it.

cheers

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

If your on AT&T (or whatever carrier you bought it with) Itunes HAS to activate the phone before you can use it.

If your unlocking it for an "illegal" carrier - you should have checked the "Activate" box in pwnage.

Emergency calls only screen means its not activated.

Thanks

Thanks for your help.

If i was to tick the activate box (which I have done previous) there is a problem no signal bars or connectivity to my provider.

Thanks again

Ian

Make sure that you restore from the CUSTOM (the file you have made with pwnage or winpwn

QUOTE=iancallaghan;1843111]I managed to follow the pwnage guide using 2.0.0.4 but when i restore (+ shift) in Itunes it runs through the whole update scenario but it puts my Iphone in the emergency calls only screen. How do I kick it out of this screen so it opens up correctly?

Many thanks

Ian[/QUOTE]

also make sure you click unlock baseband

How do I make sure I am restoring from the right file?

Ok you first have to make your own restore file with pwnage if you don't understand that please tell me and i'll tell you more in detail.

when you finish creating your firmware file it by default puts custom infront of it use the custom one

I tried to pwn it, but I get no signal, what do u mean itunes has to activate it? how?
    When I plug it in, it asks for a restore and I dont see an activation screen anywhere

I have the file made I don't know where it goes or how to get iTunes to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by deadphotomac View Post
    I have the file made I don't know where it goes or how to get iTunes to use it.
    After you made the file put your phone into DFU (hold home and power for 10 second then let go of power and keep holding home) make sure you have itunes open then hold shift and click restore then find the file you made

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrist View Post
    I tried to pwn it, but I get no signal, what do u mean itunes has to activate it? how?
    When I plug it in, it asks for a restore and I dont see an activation screen anywhere
    my following instructions assume you do not have the iPhone plan. in Winpwn in advanced settings check activate and unlock baseband when you create a new restore file and then it will work
    Last edited by rosskey711; 08-16-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ross,

The unlock baseband option is not tickable, im having the above same problem.

Cheers

I am a paying att customer, I dont have to check activate according to the notes, I did everything over 20 times already.
    No matter what I do, I get no signal at all at the end.
    I got a 3g iphone btw

Quote Originally Posted by Westyggx View Post
    Ross,

The unlock baseband option is not tickable, im having the above same problem.

Cheers
    You have to click the things above it Click neuter baseband if that is unclickable click the thing above it doesn't matter whether you upgrade or downgrade the baseband i would recommend clicking auto delete bootneuter.app

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrist View Post
    I am a paying att customer, I dont have to check activate according to the notes, I did everything over 20 times already.
    No matter what I do, I get no signal at all at the end.
    I got a 3g iphone btw
    I'm a valid At&T customer as well and I always had to unlock my phone.
    make sure you downloaded the 3G firmware that would cause a problem also.
    If you are on the actual iPhone plan DON'T CLICK any of the advanced tab just install cydia and installer if you want. I never had the iPhone plan btw just an AT&T customer
    Last edited by rosskey711; 08-18-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

naw man, I tried everything, the instructions are very easy to follow, you have to be a down syndrome not to be able to follow them.
    It will not give me signal no mater what I do.
    Set it as a new phone after it was done, same ****, I tried different partition sizes everything you could possibly do, it does not work, period