Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod side of 3g iPhone not working

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Ipod side of 3g iPhone not working
    Hello,

I recently redid my 3G iphone with pwnage 2.02. Everything has been working well, I was even able to get all my apps working. However, I just loaded about a gig of music to my phone. I then went to Ipod on the menu and it said there was nothing there. I rebooted and tried again, same thing.

I then noticed that not only did the screen say nothing was in my library, but none of the buttons work on the screen when in ipod mode. My home button and all other physical buttons work, but none of the touchscreen buttons like, Music, Video, other etc etc works.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Randy

when you have no music, no videos, all the pages look the same!

scary huh?

sync them with itunes!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did you miss the part where I said I put a gig of music on it? I obviously have already synced it. It still does not work.

sync it again! If that doesn't work re-install as a new phone.
    It happened to me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have synced it several times since yesterday I guess I will have to dump it and load it new again. Crud.

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

has anyone else run into this? I am still having this problem. Usually within two days of jailbreaking my phone, the iPod side will no longer work. It is frozen on entry and reports no music. Also several apps will just stop working at the same time. I would love to know how to fix this.

Oh and just to doubly screw me, everytime this happens I can not restore from backups I made prior. They say they are either corrupt or from another phone. Nor can I mske backups at that point.

Please help me figure this out.
    Thanks, Randy

Exact same problem, my friend. No solution but I guess that one of the apps is confusing the iphone. Also music is still stored, but unable to be seen. also non of the apps will load.

I did a factory reset but, after two days same problem returned. I hope that this is a known bug and the next software release fixes it.

let me know if you find a fix/solution as this is very annoying.

did you try to set it up as a new iPhone?

it really does sweep it all clean!
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

EXACT same problem here...just started happening today. I have restored the phone to factory settings at least three times, and then after jailbreaking it, the ipod stops working even though everything else is fine. Everything you said is identical to my situation - a gig of music, can't restore to previous 'corrupt' backups, itunes sees stored music but phone doesn't, etc.

@jakecigar - yes it has been restored to factory settings and setup as a new iphone with a new name and I reload all my music/apps/contacts from scratch. still no cigar, no pun intended.

So I just figured screw it, don't worry about the ipod for now, and I started reloading all my apps onto my newly restored phone. I installed the winterboard app, and then as I was in my settings menu about to change my wallpaper back to normal, the phone restarted itself, and I thought crap - now its all unstable. When it started back up, made my winterboard settings and then went to ipod and ipod was functioning again...go figure. I just loaded my gig of songs back on there and its working fine. Wish I could give ya a direct answer on why it started working, but I'm not sure why. Maybe just play with your phone and go on about your business and if it shuts itself off and restarts, the ipod may be good to go.
    Last edited by michaelgazin; 08-28-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have been playing around some more with this.

First of all, if you un-sync all the App Store apps and reboot, then re-sync them, the problem will go away. Without a restore.

Now for me, it seems that every time I change my theme, this will happen within an hour or so. If I do not load Winterboard, I have not had the problem as of yet. I have tried with or without all my other apps and with or without a hacked mobileinstall framework. It seems to me, that it is something to do with changing the theme.

I spoke too soon. I do not have winterboard installed, but it happened again.
    Last edited by viriiguy; 09-02-2008 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem. No music. I will find out later tonight if I can do a backup which I am leary of because I have seen the Corrupt Data screen the very first time I pwnd my phone. Lost all of my contacts that way...hooray.

I must tell you I have all of my music visible to me on the iPod side of my iPhone 3G but when I click on iPod, and select a song to play, the whole iPod side of the iPhone goes haywire and starts thumbing through my entire collection, stopping at none of them, forcing me to press the home button and return to the main screen. What's up???

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I have the same problem. No music. I will find out later tonight if I can do a backup which I am leary of because I have seen the Corrupt Data screen the very first time I pwnd my phone. Lost all of my contacts that way...hooray.
    I unchecked the sync music option...synced my phone wiping the music from it, re-checked the sync music option, synced my phone and now I have all of my music.