+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 1601 Help please

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So i used winpwn and did everything correctly following a tutorial. I then went to itunes and put the phone into dfu mode and did shift and restore to the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Error 1601 Help please
    So i used winpwn and did everything correctly following a tutorial.

I then went to itunes and put the phone into dfu mode and did shift and restore to the custom firmware. It then extracts it and prepars phone for recovery but doesn't get any further. It comes up with an error saying "The iphone could not be restored (Error 1601)." Ive tried restoring to 1.1.4 then doing it again. I have also tried reinstalling itunes but have had no sucess.

I have been trying for ages and cant find anything.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have the exact same problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I posted how I got round the 1601 error today:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...2-0-0-4-a.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseBob View Post
    I posted how I got round the 1601 error today:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...2-0-0-4-a.html
    i dont understand your guide Bob, I receive 1601 on itunes, not on the iphone. If I kill itunes (do you mean close the itunes software) during the restore process then surely itunes wont be able to continue the restore...

Could you explain to a newbie what you mean?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes kill the itunes program. I know it sounds strange. From what I can tell itunes is just waiting for a response from the iphone and is not doing anything. When itunes restarts it detects the iphone is in DFU mode which did the trick for me.

That's how I managed to get it to work.

Thanks

did you follow the last step "ipwner" while itunes beeing closed? if itunes was closed while you did the "ipwner" last step then your phone was not in DFU.

put it in DFU and try again, i know, you think i did that. but try until it worked, sometimes it takes a few times. took me 10 times last night pwning my girls phone..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have the same error but i always find myself exiting the last ipwner step because it attempts to put my phone into recovery mode then just has no productivity at all, it even remained innactive for more than 30 minutes last time i tried

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Worked always.
    Wow i cant believe its not been figured out yet...and apples still going about posting bull **** about reinstalling EVERYTHING!!!

The way to get over the 16xx errors while restoring on any firmware is this:
    Once you get the error DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE OR CLOSE ITUNES. Which leaves us with only one option, rESTART Iphone. STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR VERSION 2.0.1:

1). You get the error. (Ofcourse)
    2). DONT TURN OFF ITUNES. DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE CABLE.
    3). If the phone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If its off then kick it out of DFU mode which is explained in the NEXT step.
    4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
    5). Itunes will detect it again.
    6). Now try to simple-restore it, that is click on the restore button on itunes while pressing the shift button of your keyboard. YOU WILL GET THE 16XX ERROR AGAIN IN 5 MINS !!!! but dont worry, everything is under control.
    7). now your iPhone will have the picture of the iPhone cable on its screen. good.
    (DONT TURN OFF ITUNES. DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE CABLE.)
    8). NOW put the iPhone it in DFU mode. How? Firstly turn the phone off (it might try to start up on its own again but turn it off again). Once its off, Press and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but keep the home button pressed for another 10-20 seconds till itunes recognizes your phone.
    9). NOW restore the phone by selecting the pawned custom firmware that you created and you will NOT get the 16xx error.

ENJOY.

if u have any doubts/queries post here or PM me n ill get back

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GURVIN1 For This Useful Post:

Jazzman UK (09-02-2010), tikigod19 (08-17-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wink Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After hours of trying all the possible solutions, this was the only one wich really got trough the endless 6001 problem!!!
    Tanx!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GURVIN1 View Post
    Wow i cant believe its not been figured out yet...and apples still going about posting bull **** about reinstalling EVERYTHING!!!

Once you get the error DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE OR CLOSE ITUNES. Which leaves us with only one option, rESTART Iphone. STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR VERSION 2.0.1:

3). If the phone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If its off then kick it out of DFU mode which is explained in the NEXT step.
    4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
    6). Now try to simple-restore it, that is click on the restore button on itunes while pressing the shift button of your keyboard. YOU WILL GET THE 16XX ERROR AGAIN IN 5 MINS !!!! but dont worry, everything is under control.
    7). now your iPhone will have the picture of the iPhone cable on its screen. good.
    8). NOW put the iPhone it in DFU mode. How? Firstly turn the phone off (it might try to start up on its own again but turn it off again). Once its off, Press and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but keep the home button pressed for another 10-20 seconds till itunes recognizes your phone.
    9). NOW restore the phone by selecting the pawned custom firmware that you created and you will NOT get the 16xx error.

ENJOY.

this works like a charm!! thank you so much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after step 6, iphone's screen show apple logo and moving wheel at the bottom, not to step 7, what can i do next?
    thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deepdive View Post
    after step 6, iphone's screen show apple logo and moving wheel at the bottom, not to step 7, what can i do next?
    thanks

mine did this at some point too, i cant remember how I sorted it but I think it had something to do with DFU mode...

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem after step six I am stuck with a apple logo and the wheel at the bottom.. can someone please explain this procedure in more detail and bring my APPLE back

My problem is that i cannot restore to any firmware and it is only on this one particualr iphone... i have 3 other iphones and they restore to any firmware even to any pwn firmware.. But this one 8gb is not letting me go anywhere!!!

Any suggestions??? PLEASE HELP :<
    Last edited by imilad; 08-18-2008 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Two Questions for imilad and deepdive

Q1). During step 6, when the iphone is getting restored, the apple logo is ALSO present on the iphone screen with the spinning wheel under the logo? if yes/no i which step does the logo and the spinning wheel appear?

Q2).Do you get the 16xx error in step 6?

GURVIN.
    Last edited by GURVIN1; 08-18-2008 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Changed Reply.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

only the apple logo appear.. when the error returns sometimes it will start sp[inning and sometimes it will let me restart,... but It will never restart and pop up in recovery mode.

My problem is that I can't restore to any firmware what so ever I am stuck in recovery

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Imilad.
    In step 6 you get the error right?
    After you get the error, Switch Off iPhone no matter what is displayed on the iPhone screen. Now carry on from STEP 7 that is put the phone in DFU mode. Post your result here.

GURVIN.

Thanks
    it's not working for me. I put it in DFU mode and I keep getting error 1600. I am going from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1, and I have the most current iTunes version.
    on my second iPhone... (although the first one got taken)...
    fw: 1.1.4
    size: 8gb
    service: at&t
    unlocked & jailbroken!

Thanks

Unhappy the apple logo
    Hi
    i followed these steps and yes my iTunes restored the phone ..but i have another problem. i have the apple logo on my screen ..which does not seem to want to go and my iTunes seems to be syncing with the iPhone.. i see it transfering contact..wallpapers ring tones..? whats happening ? i tried to restore it around 3 times with the custome firmware of Pwnage.. still the same logo...and i am not able to even switch it off... has anyone had this problem..
    please let me know..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GURVIN1 View Post

ENJOY.

Whoa this post is a LIFESAVER!!! Thanks so much.

It works when jailbreaking an older bootrom 3GS on 3.1.3 using Sn0wbreeze 5.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've made it to the same point:

I get to step 6, but during the restore I get the apple with the spinning wheel instead of the cable. Afterwards, I get the 16xx error message again.

After that I have gotten the cable screen by holding both power and home for a bit. When attempting to restore again, I get the apple with a status bar underneath...then 16xx error code again.

WHY?! haha, damn