+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I cant use Winpwn correctly...What's wrong!

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok, to start off, i had my phone at firmware 1.1.3 and i had unlocked/jailbroke it with ziphone when i first got it. Now i wanted to upgrade my phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation I cant use Winpwn correctly...What's wrong!
    Ok, to start off, i had my phone at firmware 1.1.3 and i had unlocked/jailbroke it with ziphone when i first got it. Now i wanted to upgrade my phone to the 2.0.1 firmware. So i tried to do it all myself. And as you can tell by the tittle.. i don't know what i'm doing.
    I've watched so many youtube videos and read so many threads and articles and they all say the same thing.
    So i downloaded winpwn and these are my exact steps when i open up the program.
    Ok first of all, my phone has been restored to 2.0.1 with itunes and is at the activation state, where all my phone says is "slide for an emergency"
    Anyways, i open winpwn.. then i clock browse .ipsw to find the 2.0 firmware and open it. Then people always say to click iPwner to pwn my iphone if i've never done it before. (which i haven't). So i go to click it, and instead of text scrolling on the screen or whatever everyone else says, the ipsw builder window shows up.. I don't get it. So then i go and select the 2.0 firmware again and then it has me creating a custom firmware with options like installin cydia and the youtube fix and what-not.
    I don't understand why my phone doesn't pwn. or show the scrolling white text like it says it should..
    Well anyways i create a custom firmware successfully and then try to restore with it in itunes, and i get an error every time. Error 6 or something.

Look, i know this is a lot of information and is probably confusing.. just ask me questions if you have any ok? I'd be glad to answer!!

All i want to do is bypass the activation screen and jailbreak/unlock my phone so i can use my Cingular SIM card, and have installer.app on my phone again..

Green Apple
    Thanks

no offense but do all the steps not the first and last. You skipped making the unlocked firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

umm i'm sry i'm not even sure what steps were first and or last like you asked. Sry, does anyone have just a simple explanation?

look people, i know you have better things to do and helping another noob with an iphone doesn't sound like the most fun thing to do, but now my phone is stuck in recovery, and i dont even know what firmware i'm at.. and i'm just so confused with so much right now.. all i want is 2.0.1, unlocked, and jailbroken. That's it lol. grrr
    Last edited by HyenaSpaz; 08-06-2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

2.0.1 isnt unlocked or jailbroken by any app yet. Look at how to down grade. In the future wait until it is posted here that the firmware is jailbroken and/or unlocked before you upgrade. If there isnt a downgrade to 2.0 yet you may be stuck until the new software is released

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, i'll try downgrading to 2.0, and if that doesn't work, maybe i could even try downgrading to 1.1.4? do you think that would work?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try following these instructions to install 2.0 Unlocked/Jailbroken. Note that there is a slight possibility that you might not be able to make it work. For the iPhone 3G I read that they did a baseband upgrade in 2.0.1, if they did that for your iPhone 2G you might be in trouble.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows)

The same website also have instructions on how to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4. iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your 2.0 iPhone to 1.1.4

Bookmark that site because they normaly have good instructions on a lot of different subjects.

/Stefan

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stefan4711 For This Useful Post:

golden_child (08-07-2008)