Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLiberty+'d 1.1.4 --> WinPwn 2.0 how?

Default iLiberty+'d 1.1.4 --> WinPwn 2.0 how?
    This may be a question of a few users' lips...

Basically I've had a 2G iPhone unlocked/jailbroken using iLiberty+ on 1.1.4 for a good few months now. Due to one app in particular on the appstore (Dynolicious), i'm wanting to upgrade to 2.0

I've done a lot of searching and read a lot of guides, and basically wonder what the first steps are. I'm following this fairly comprehensive guide on iClarified to upgrade.

The questions I have are:
    1) Do i upgrade to v 2.0 through itunes, then follow this procedure, or will it be fine straight from my existing 1.1.4
    2) In iLiberty+ i downloaded the bootloader 'From 4.6 to 3.9FakeBlank' so in step nine of the guide, when selecting the baseband update and boodloaders, what options will i need to select?

Cheers in advance, from a long-term-lurker

Simple, I just had the EXACT thing.

Pwned my 1.1.4 with iliberty.

Just upgraded to 2.0 yesterday.

First connect to itunes and restore you phone to factory then upgrade to 2.0 then pwn. At least thats what I did just to be safe

Cheers for your reply

I thought I'd have a go anyway, and didn't bother restoring my phone to factory in the first instance. I simply followed the iClarified tutorial and it worked fine!

Sadly, i chose not to install Cydia and then remembered I couldn't SSH into my iPhone to edit permissions. oops. Just re-restoring it again with Cydia included.

G