+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to restore 3G iphone to factory settings after jailbreak

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, I have a new 3G iphone and I am thinking about jailbreaking it. I am curious if it is possible to restore the iphone to factory settings through the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Is it possible to restore 3G iphone to factory settings after jailbreak
    Hello, I have a new 3G iphone and I am thinking about jailbreaking it. I am curious if it is possible to restore the iphone to factory settings through the restore function in itunes after the jailbreak if i change my mind.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you know about the restore button on itunes right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

All you have to do is restore to the original 2.0 firmware using iTunes.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know about the restore button and i've restored a jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod touch, but i heard of some people bricking thier 2g iphones when using the itunes restore. So I am just wondering if anyone has restored a jailbroken 3g iphone and had any troubles and if i have to do anything before i do the restore
    Last edited by khryptonite; 07-27-2008 at 02:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also have 3g phone and i think ill jailbreak it in a while when there is more information about that because i dont want to brick it with my inexperience....but is it possible to restore it to original state interests me as well

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

Like I told you. All you have to do is restore using iTunes. I have jailbroke and restored my 3G iPhone more then 10 times because I keep switching boot images.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

blueillusion97 (07-27-2008), Bouki (08-26-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Despite all the information in the guides and forums, THIS is one of the real gems. As owner of a damn expensive phone, it's nice to feel at ease that I can always go back to the original firmware.

I would honestly say that, unless I missed it, there is good warrant for a restoring, de-bricking guide with all the rest of 'em up top.

Cheers dirtybird1977.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But would it still be jailbroken if you did restore and would this work in 3.13?

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's practically impossible to brick your phone if you just jailbreak it. The problems you have to worry about is if you're wanting to use the phone on T-Mobile as opposed to AT&T or another "certified" carrier. It's the UNLOCK you have to worry about. However, it's still practically impossible to brick your phone. You just lock it back to the "certified" carrier and can't use the phone on your carrier anymore!

I just jailbroke my 3G to 3.1.3 via Pwnage Tool 3.1.5. Worked like a charm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guys,
    I found what the problem is: even ATT will not work, in fact that is what I did, registered with ATT... no solution for now... the only way is to UNLOCK it now, since it is a CANADIAN PHONE, which I did not know (ROGERS) then the only way is to wait for a new bootload version so I can downgrade this stupid rogers network phone.
    Anyway, eventually it will come out and I will do it.
    If anyone knows anything new, please advise.
    Tks,
    Luiz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help with iphone 3gs, not booting
    hey guys, sorry im kinda new at this and need some help. I got a Iphone 3gs from my cuzin last night and i sucesfull jail broke it and unlocked it and it was working fine. but i had the genius idea to do a factory reset and it threw the iphone into a constant loop of recover mode/restore mode i guess. now im getting the "usb cable to Itunes logo" on boot up and the phone doesnt go anywhere...I tried the itunes update on two different computers and it wont restore...am i screwed or is it possible to fix?

i used redsnow and the latest update(iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore) the code im getting from Itunes is 1015. If any one could help that would be nice. Thanks!

she
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help
    Quote Originally Posted by mjos View Post
    hey guys, sorry im kinda new at this and need some help. I got a Iphone 3gs from my cuzin last night and i sucesfull jail broke it and unlocked it and it was working fine. but i had the genius idea to do a factory reset and it threw the iphone into a constant loop of recover mode/restore mode i guess. now im getting the "usb cable to Itunes logo" on boot up and the phone doesnt go anywhere...I tried the itunes update on two different computers and it wont restore...am i screwed or is it possible to fix?

i used redsnow and the latest update(iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore) the code im getting from Itunes is 1015. If any one could help that would be nice. Thanks!
    i had the same problem, wish someone could help, thanks.

I even don't know who I really am
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,967 Times in 2,338 Posts

Update iTunes.... restore phone...set up as new phone....Let me know what happens

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I recently bought a used iphone 3G which was jailbroken to use TMobile sim cards. I know nothing about iphones and was trying to download some apps through itunes and got an error message that said that they couldn't be installed because the phone didnt have the latest update, and did I want to update it, which I did, and thats when everything went wrong. I got an error message that the update couldnt be installed and that I had to do a restore. I did that and got another error message and now I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me figure out what I did wrong, and if there is a way to fix it please!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What's your baseband? If it's 6.15.00 you'll need to restore with a custom firmware. If it isn't 6.15.00, then theres other steps to take but custom fw would fix that as well.

What error message number was it? Check your baseband with f0recast if you can't see it on the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sorry but I really have no idea...I don't know anything about iphones. Could I try it without knowing? I am pretty desperate at this point, as all my phone does not display anything except the usb icon.

Thanks

Yes you could restore to a custom firmware. It would work regardless, determining the baseband just helps me know what you can do in the future to prevent issues. But if you use custom firmwares from here on out, you should be fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you tell me where I can find the firmware and how I go about installing it on my phone? I really REALLY appreciate your helping me!!

Edited to add that I get an error message 1015 when I try to restore it through itunes.

Thanks

Edit: since it's an iPhone 3G, try this it might be easier for a beginner like you.

From the Downloads section here on MMi, download the 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 ipsw (firmware)

Download redsn0w 0.9.4

Go to iTunes and shift+restore to the stock 3.1.3 firmware

Get error 1015 probably so go get TinyUmbrella. Use the exit recovery option.

Open redsn0w and browse to the 3.1.2 ipsw.

Select Cydia only

Follow on-screen instructions.

Done. Go to Cydia and install ultrasn0w to unlock again.

**you can go the custom firmware route, but I would do that to 3.1.3, sn0wbreeze doesn't work well on iPhone 3G.

If you have a Mac, Pwnagetool for 4.2.1 is good. That is if you want to be on 4.2.1. Though 3.1.3 is better for that phone.

Otherwise, use sn0wbreeze to create a custom firmware if you'd like. Let me know which option you prefer and I can walk you through creating a custom firmware for 3.1.3 with sn0wbrewze or Pwnagetool for 4.2.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will take your advice and stick with 3.1.3, so if you can walk me through all of this as it looks a bit overwelming I will very much appreciate it!!