Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to restore 3G iphone to factory settings after jailbreak

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Thanks Stealth, glad you agree. I am skeptical at times like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

xpliciitone (04-13-2011)

just tried to use redsn0w 0.9.4 and unchecked install cydia, but after it still goes directly to ''downloading jailbreak data'' on my device as soon as dfu mode is on :/

sigh.. i really hope this is really the problem and that i wont have to get back to anything else. ive been changing/switching/ recovering firmwares all day long ._.
    Last edited by xpliciitone; 04-13-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Thanks Stealth, glad you agree. I am skeptical at times like this.
    I am everywhere and nowhere

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

xpliciitone (04-13-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ok let's try something else. Can you please restore to a stock 3.1.3 (don't use the custom firmware) and attempt to kick it out of recovery with TinyUmbrella's exit recovery mode button after you get error 1015 from the restore.

OK going to try it now. going to use itunes as recovery tool, stock 3.1.3 from the download firmware section of this website and tinyumbrella 4.30.05

Done. exited recovery mode after error 1045 and tinyumbrella made my iphone restart and did the rest. also, tinyumbrella showed that the firmware is now officially 3.1.3, and im stucked on emergency mode on the iphone. screen : cannot slide to the right (slide for emergency) to access keypad, and phone is unactivated

._.?
    Last edited by xpliciitone; 04-14-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default hi
    i'm new here....i've faced one problem....

i have one iphone 3GS with iOS 4.1....today i go to one shop, and he try to upgrade my software, and then suddenly the phone is saying it don't have any simcard inside...actually it can't find any network...i try to connect to itunes, and that also says same thing...

is it possible to make my phone alive with old iOS, i.e. ver 4.?.?....

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Ok let's try something else. Can you please restore to a stock 3.1.3 (don't use the custom firmware) and attempt to kick it out of recovery with TinyUmbrella's exit recovery mode button after you get error 1015 from the restore.
    Hello Annie,

where can i find the stock 3.1.3?
    all i find is this version: iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore in iPhone 3G 3.1.3 - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

thanks in advance.
    much appreciated.

Thanks Zwayne.

How would I proceed to restore my 3G which doesn't restore via iTunes giving me a 1095 error?

much appreciated, I really want to save my phone.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Put the phone in DFU mode and shift click restore or option restore on a mac, and chose the 3.1.3

Hi Annie, Maybe you can help clarify something for me as well...What ipsw file would i be looking to download for a 3GS new bootrom 5.0.1 iPhone?

I want to use pwnage tool but not sure which ipsw file to download.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, i have a problem as well with my Iphone 3g, which ive tried over and over again to fix with the restore button (error 1050 pops up). dad brought it for my b-day present, but its jailbreaked. and it dosnt read my simcard. anyone know who to fix it, and then how do i update it to iso 5?

I ran into enough problems trying to do it on my own that i took it to the mall after 2 weeks of no luck unlocking.
    Well worth the $50.

Any possibility to fix it or is it just to throw it away

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123