+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to restore 3G iphone to factory settings after jailbreak

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok, let's make a custom firmware. It is less steps. I don't like sn0wbreeze and prefer redsn0w but I think this will be better for you. Get sn0wbreeze 1.4 here
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ok, let's make a custom firmware. It is less steps. I don't like sn0wbreeze and prefer redsn0w but I think this will be better for you.

Get sn0wbreeze 1.4 here
    Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

Don't follow those instructions.

Get stock 3.1.3 here on MMi in the Downloads>Firmware section. Also get the 3.1.2 ipsw.

Get Redsn0w 0.9.4 here
    Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4 | Redmond Pie

Again don't follow those instructions, just download redsn0w

Now, you want to open sn0wbreeze

Select iPhone 3G, firmware 3.1.3 and select expert mode

In the general submenu, select Activate

Build the custom firmware. Deselect the custom boot logo if you don't want it

It can take some time.

When it's done, open redsn0w and select the 3.1.2 firmware

Select DFU mode only. Don't select anything else

Follow redsn0w instructions to put phone into dfu.

Then open iTunes and hold shift and click restore

Choose the custom firmware you made for 3.1.3

After restore, it should be ok and go to Cydia and let it organize. Open it again and do the necessary upgrades. Then open it once more, search ultrasn0w and install it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

randigirl25 (03-08-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I know this is going to sound insane but I cannot find the link on that page to download snowbreeze. Am I missing something? Every thing I try to click on just opens up other pages, with no download links.

Scratch that I finally found the link.
    Last edited by randigirl25; 03-08-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks

Ok good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Rapidshare is making me wait 8 minutes to download redsn0w.

Ok I am at the point where I am trying to build the custom firmware, I hope I am doing this right..

Ok I am a little confused...sn0wbreeze is to the point where its telling me to connect my iphone...do I do the redsn0w part before I connect the iphone, or after?

Well I tried installing the firmware from snOwbreeze but I got about 3 quarters of the way through the download and then I got the same error 1015 message. Any ideas?

I am not having any luck whatsoever, and I think it is because my phone is stuck. Everything I have read says that when you turn it off, the red slide bar comes up...mine doesn't it just goes black. Also when I go through the steps to put it in DFU mode, it all that happens is I briefly get the apple logo, then it goes to a pic of a usb cable and pointing at the itunes logo. I have tried everything but this is all it does. I even tried just turning it off and then on and even without pressing the home button it just goes right to the usb cable and itunes logo. I am SO upset right now!
    Last edited by randigirl25; 03-08-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I even don't know who I really am
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,967 Times in 2,338 Posts

To put in DFU mode you, press and hold sleep button for 3 seconds. Keep pressing sleep and hold home button 10 seconds. Then, you release sleep and keep holding down home for 20 more seconds. Screen will stay black!!

BTW... Your in good hands with Annie!!!
    Last edited by ellersbee; 03-08-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you, but as I said my phone does not do that...as soon as the screen goes black but after I plug it in to connect to itunes the usb cable and itunes icon comes back.

I even don't know who I really am
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,967 Times in 2,338 Posts

It needs to be plugged into iTunes while you are doing those steps!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjos View Post
    hey guys, sorry im kinda new at this and need some help. I got a Iphone 3gs from my cuzin last night and i sucesfull jail broke it and unlocked it and it was working fine. but i had the genius idea to do a factory reset and it threw the iphone into a constant loop of recover mode/restore mode i guess. now im getting the "usb cable to Itunes logo" on boot up and the phone doesnt go anywhere...I tried the itunes update on two different computers and it wont restore...am i screwed or is it possible to fix?

i used redsnow and the latest update(iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore) the code im getting from Itunes is 1015. If any one could help that would be nice. Thanks!
    If it was working "fine", why on earth would you do a factory reset? Bored? I think you are absolutely entitled to all the grief you brought upon yourself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default same problem!
    Hi there,

I seem to be having the same problem. I tried to jailbreak my phone with pwnage tool, and all was going well until i tried to restore the custom file. everytime i i try to do it, it fails when apple is verifying the restore. I'm really hoping that i didnt totally screw up the phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A few more comments:

I'm running 4.2.1.

I downloaded f0recast to try to get some more info on the phone, but it wont recognize the phone as being connected.

I downloaded tinyumbrella, but it is unable to get it out of recovery mode.

Is there any way that i can just use the apple "restore and update" feature to bring it back to the original settings? or will that just permanently screw the phone?

These are the directions that i followed:

Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 with PwnageTool 4.2 & Unlock with Ultrasn0w [Mac] | Gadgets DNA
    Last edited by mrpickup; 03-14-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default cannot unlock phone
    hi annie,
    i have found this thread and was happily following your instructions to recover my iphone3g with a custom firmware. however, after recovery, i cannot slide the phone to unlock the home page, therefore, cannot access applications and settings.
    i had this problem when i first had to downgrade from 4.x to 3.1.3, and was on emergency mode

i can properly slide to turn off the phone (on top) whenever i press the power off button.

can you give me a hint and tell me if it is because of the cfw or if it is because my touchscreen is dead?

ps. no matter how many firmware updates been made, my iphones bb has stayed 06.15.00-5.9_M3S2 (sadly, but anyway)

any hint to what could cause this problem, after several recoveries, would be appreciated

Thanks

When you created the custom firmware did you go into expert mode and select "activate"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

omg ure online !! <33

yes i did, with sn0wbreeze, in the general settings; before to choose the option to create the firmware.

i believe i did activate the phone, because i was stucked on emergency calls before i did the few updates and recovery; now, im in the 'slide to unlock screen'

at the top though, it says 'no service'

does this have anything to do with unlocking my iphone?
    i believe i cant use sn0wbreeze's version because my broadband is 06.15.00-5.9_M3S2..
    i cannot access applications and ultrasn0w either atm..

can you tell me if it is possibly a firmware problem or whatnot? because i am tempted to open my iphone if its the connections that are wrong..
    Last edited by xpliciitone; 04-13-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The iPad baseband does have its disadvantages but custom firmwares shouldn't be a problem.

What exactly happens when you restore to the custom firmware? And also, what firmware are you trying to restore to?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i used a stock firmware of 3.1.3 with sn0wbreeze, just like you said to do earlier in this thread. then created a cfw with sn0wbreeze (including the option of activating the phone)

afterwards opened redsn0w to put the phone in dfu mode, gave them selection of a 3.1.2 firmware..
    im guessing redsn0w went all the way to the pineapple loading on my iphone,

finally, had itunes recover the phone with the 3.1.3 custom firmware made with sn0wbreeze earlier

when i restored with sn0wbreeze/ redsn0w or itunes, they all said that the procedures went well .

do you think i need to change my digitizer? this will make me spend some money and lots of time waiting.. i just hope there might be a problem somewhere else

Thanks

You used redsn0w only to put in DFU mode right?

So what do you mean exactly when you say it is stuck at the slide to unlock screen? Could you post a picture?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

isnt it possible to put a phone into dfu mode without redsn0w? anyhow, i used redsn0w and when they showed the steps how to put the phone into dfu mode and detected it on my phone (asked me to plug the phone to the computer)
    they automatically started downloading something to my phone; then i saw that pineapple loading on my phone ..

heres a picture, sorry for the picture quality.
    but thats where im stucked at ; with no service, even if sim card is inserted

Thanks

It is possible to put DFU without redsn0w, but you wanna use redsn0w bc the DFU mode is different allows you to restore to custom firmwares without error.

You need to make sure nothing is selected except DFU mode only when using redsn0w. It shouldn't have started downloading anything into your phone.

What does the text in the picture say? And cant you slide to unlock so you can see the springboard?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am stucked on that screen;
    at the bottom, the slide button doesnt slide to the right ; Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    i had this problem in emergency mode many times with other firmwares too; couldnt slide to right to access next screen

however, if press the power button and access the 'slide to power off' (which is located in red at the top of the screen), the slide works, but the cancel wont work (bottom)

technically, nothign 'touchscreen' at the bottom screen works.. have you heard of this problem anywhere?

does this mean i should redo all the steps u posted earlier? cause i recovered my iphone in recovery mode in itunes with the cfw made with sn0wbreeze nonetheless in the end ._.

ALSO, it might be important to mention that i used redsn0w 0.9.2 ;heard that 0.9.4 wasnt really made for iphone 3g . is that true? i ddnt only have the option of dfu mode in the one i used
    Last edited by xpliciitone; 04-13-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have seen this problem before. It seem like the screen on the bottom part is broken. Did it work before you restored?

Regardless of which version of tools you used it shouldn't affect your phones touch function.

I think you need a new digitizer.

You could try again with the updated version of each tool maybe.

Do as you said and get redsn0w 0.9.4, that one should have the DFU mode option. Don't select to install Cydia with it. Set it into DFU only with redsn0w and use your custom firmware again.

I have a strong feeling though that it's your digitizer.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

ooh sounds very possible Annie