Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia crashing after pwning 2.0

Default cydia crashing after pwning 2.0
    So last night I decided I would give the 2.0 a shot now that it has been pwn'd... everything is dandy, but I cant get cydia to open, it loads hangs on a white screen for 3-5 seconds and crashes back to SB.... its pissing me off tremendously. I did simple mode on pwnage to see if it made a difference, I then did it in advanced again and changed a few things.... after 3 tries still no luck. any suggestions?

also my lock screen wall paper gets stuck as what it was on my restore of my old settings, so when I re-sync I can't get my lock screen wall paper to change it stays... I really need to get cydia working so I can get open SSH and hopefully fix that.

appreciate any help or thoughts.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default likewise...
    my cydia doesnīt work either, and now I donīt have cydia anymore neither a Mac īputer to do the upgrade, it is my sisterīs and she lives far away, is there
    anyway to install only cydia from my PC? I really appreciate in advance.

no one else is getting bounced back to springboard when trying to use cydia? this is a huge pain in the asssssss I cant get open SSH or anything on my phone im dying here,

Wish I could help, but I'm simply not having that prob. Saurik is super helpful with Cydia problems, check out his site and find him on IRC.

if you did it with windows xp, there is a known bug with cydia. there should be an update by tommorow according to the winpwn site.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

Dilemma1980 (08-06-2008)

Friends iphone was burning hot today.... lagging.... and rebooting endlessly. I pluged it into my macbook and it said the USB port is drawing too much power and will be shut off. so there is no way i can get iTunes to restore it. Anyone have this problem?

I have the same problem on my 3G phone. (Canada)
    I've tried the simple way, and expert, and everything seems to install well, but when I click Cydia, it goes to a blank whiteish screen, then goes back to springboard.
    I've been using PwnageTool 2.01 on a Mac

I might boot into Vista, and try the WinVersion. I saw one other post of someone with the same problem - but they had no solution either.

If anyone has any solution I'd love to hear it.
    Thanks!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    no one else is getting bounced back to springboard when trying to use cydia? this is a huge pain in the asssssss I cant get open SSH or anything on my phone im dying here,

I fixed my problem with Cydia.
    I had previously unzipped the Pwnage app using easyunzip for mac. But I heard that it was better to use mac's built in "unarchiver". When I re-ran pwnage Cydia worked fine.
    If you have the same problem (Cydia quitting after a few seconds), Try unzipping using unarchiver.