+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage 2.0 Error 1600, wont recognize iPhone

is a discussion within the

Pwnage

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I got the iPhone into DFU mode and tried to restore with iTunes, however, it gave me an error 1600, now i cannot kick the iPhone out of DFU mode
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Pwnage 2.0 Error 1600, wont recognize iPhone
    I got the iPhone into DFU mode and tried to restore with iTunes, however, it gave me an error 1600, now i cannot kick the iPhone out of DFU mode and worse, iTunes wont recognize the iPhone on any of my 3 computers. What can I do guys???

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

im having the same issues
    but itunes recognizes iphone as does iphoto
    going to try a few more repwnage, restore, dtf mode, try figure this out
    sometime full itunes restore helps.
    i will post back with more info if my situation improves

tried and tried again same 1600 error
    then some combo i did worked,
    cant remember what i did,
    but im pretty sure it had something to do with selecting the same ipsw file in itunes as you just pwnage,
    sounds simple,
    but if you like me and have 5/6 different 2.0 ipsw files located on your mac its easy to get confussed,
    esp with mary janes helping you.
    everything working 100%
    thou not sure about unlock as i use an old cingilaur payasyougo sim
    ask me if you got any questions,
    Last edited by loocfa; 07-19-2008 at 10:38 PM.
    3gs 16gb 4.0 pwnagetooled. macbook pro 2.33ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. imac 20" 2ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. and a mini 10 dell for those times when i have to use a pc.

Thanks

Not one of my computers will recognize the iphone except my windows as a USB device. Other than that, i have no luck. I tried to restore back to 2.0 from Apple itself, but nothing, now the iPhone is just not recognized.

Ok, people... here is whats up... downgrade your iTunes to 7.5, hold the DFU mode buttons again and it will come up asking you to restore... press option and find your 1.1.4 software and restore... WHEW!!
    Last edited by princemarko; 07-19-2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to princemarko For This Useful Post:

Chinasky (07-19-2010)

Thanks

no, no need.

enter dfu mode, open ipwn and run the process again. when it gets to turn phone off, hold power/home and enter recovery mode, click yes to retry in ipwn and then enter dfu mode again. ipwn will then say "ready to restore in itunes"

THEN you hold alt + click restore and choose custom firmware in itunes and restore.

DFU= hold power/home for 7 seconds, screen goes blank, wait 2 seconds with blank screen and release power button, keep holding the home button until itunes recognises the phone as in recovery mode and the phone has a blank screen
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

eltrositgicien (07-20-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im on a mac... im completely lost.. please help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princemarko View Post
    Not one of my computers will recognize the iphone except my windows as a USB device. Other than that, i have no luck. I tried to restore back to 2.0 from Apple itself, but nothing, now the iPhone is just not recognized.

Ok, people... here is whats up... downgrade your iTunes to 7.5, hold the DFU mode buttons again and it will come up asking you to restore... press option and find your 1.1.4 software and restore... WHEW!!

im in the same position as you. my bootcamp partition will recognize it as a usb device... but my mac can't see my iphone at all. this really sucks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got it to work but it's kind of complicated to explain over the net but I'll try, after pwnage installs the .ipsw go into DFU when it shows on iTunes go back to pwnage and hit the next arrow it then will take you into the steps it'll ask you to turn of your phone so turn it on(mine went into recovery) and then turn it off, after that it will then take you step by step what to do after you're done hit the next arrow then do the .ipsw recovery in iTunes... I hope I didn't lose anybody but this is what I did and I tried explaining it the best I could

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midgetadam For This Useful Post:

loafomatic (06-20-2009), StainlessBanner (07-20-2008)

Thanks

I was getting the 1600 error too...just tried it again going back through ipwnage and the third time was the charm...don't really know?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine is totally F*cked the iphone is not reconised by and pc or mac now, the screen is black there is no life in the phone, I lost....stick...tearful and P*ssed of!

I nearly wet the bed this morning after seeing the news, now I wish I'd stopped in bed

Help anyone

OK guys phone alive again!!

Not sure how or why, but I sat there holding power abd home down together for 30 sec's phone started up again.

Going to try one last time see if I can sort this Pwn 2 out!
    Last edited by ajmooseman; 07-20-2008 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If for some reason you dont manage a restore while in dfu mode all is not lost, it may seem that the phone wont get out of dfu mode or restart but simply hold the power and home buttons together and it eventually will. don't know the exact science but it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys,
    I used a combo of reeko, and midgetadam's posts and I was able to get past the error1600.
    iTunes had to recognise my iPhone in recovery then I was able to follow the instructions on pwnage.

Thanks

Note to everyone with this problem... go thru Pwnage again and hold the home and power buttons again to get into DFU Mode again.. Listen, dont worry that your iphone isnt recognized by the computer, its there i promise you. Just go thru the steps again for DFU Mode and it will kick start it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Updated info from the iphone dev blog: blog.iphone-dev.org

Update 3: If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/”Device Support” ; if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Then re-run PwnageTool.

Update 4: Here’s another mirror.

Update 5: If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does *not* need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw — it needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw’s.

Update 6: Mail application not working at 2.0? Please restore to your custom ipsw (you don’t need to DFU restore if you are pwned, normal restore will work now too) but then select “Set up as a new iPhone” when iTunes asks. Your first sync will bring back all of your settings anyway.
    Updates from the iphone dev blog:blog.iphone-dev.org

Update 3: If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/”Device Support” ; if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Then re-run PwnageTool.

Update 5: If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does *not* need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw — it needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw’s.

Update 6: Mail application not working at 2.0? Please restore to your custom ipsw (you don’t need to DFU restore if you are pwned, normal restore will work now too) but then select “Set up as a new iPhone” when iTunes asks. Your first sync will bring back all of your settings anyway.
    Last edited by ricmac25; 07-20-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am already pwned 1.1.4 and i am getting error 1600 messages from itunes when I try to recover from DFU mode via the custom IPSW.

Am I reading this correctly here?

UNQUOTE

Just to make sure: can I go to Itunes and do a normal " not DFU mode" recovery via I tunes and the Custom IPSW that I made via Pwnage 2.01?

I am from the netherlands and I want to exclude any mistakes just because I do not quite understand the English language so a yes or no to my question would help me out here

Thanks

Haage

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same problem and that worked for me. My iphone was at 1.4 previously pwned/unlocked.

Loading custom ipsw in DFU caused 1600 error. Loading the same custom ipsw through in normal mode through itunes seems to have loaded correctly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i think I see what the problem is. You really have to make sure that you phone goes into the correct DFU mode. I was looking at this thread and trying everything everyone said. Nothing worked. Then I remembered that there were different DFU modes and I tried to put it in the one where you see the iphone screen has the "usb cable with itunes symbol" not the "black screen" one. try that.

Thanks

there is only 1 dfu mode.

recovery mode = itunes lead

dfu mode = black screen
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linuxhack View Post
    I had the same problem and that worked for me. My iphone was at 1.4 previously pwned/unlocked.

Loading custom ipsw in DFU caused 1600 error. Loading the same custom ipsw through in normal mode through itunes seems to have loaded correctly.
    I know this topic is pretty old, but doing this worked for me. Restore custom firmware without putting it in DFU mode.

Thanks

This is slowly killing me.

I have been trying to pwn my new iPhone 3G for 3 and a half hours.

I have tried everyone's techniques and help.

I'm going to try it on another mac now, and then I'm giving up till tomorrow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

stupid question what is dfu mode mean and how do u get to dfu