Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to use winpwn

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to use winpwn
    Now that WinPwn is officialy out i've decided to make a nice and easy guide for people to use.

]First thing first, you need to get a copy of winpwn. then you need to get the 1.1.4 restore file for your iphone or ipod touch.

Open up winpwn and select browse .ipsw . To get the 1.1.4 firmware you can download it from the apple website, and SpoonForKnife has all the firmware links in his signature.Select *iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw or iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw . then press open

*If you need to restore for whatever reason you can do this by holding down the home and power buttons while plugged into the computer.

winpwn tool will alert when the firmware is ready. Now select ipwner, scrolling white text will appear on your device, don't worry this is normal. winpwn will let you know when your device is pwned, *and it will say wait for reboot, don't touch ANYTHING

CUSTOM FIRMWARE

First select ipsw builder, and a new window will popup, it will have three tabs.Then go into custom packages tab (which is the first tab), and select apps you want to be on your firmware. Always install BSD subsystem. In custom logos(the second one) tab, select wether or not you want custom logos and pick the ones you want.
    then in the general tabs (which is the third one) select what you want to do. *I recommend selecting activate, enable baseband update, neuter bootloader, unlock baseband, and auto delete bootneuter.app.[/center]
    as you can see winpwn wants a thing called bootloader pictures. the BL-46. bin and BL-39. bin, you will have to find these on your own as they are illegal and property of apple.

Once you click build ipsw, winpwn will create a custom firmware and load it into itunes' directory. Then go into itunes and on your cpu shift-click on restore and choose your custom firmware. When your device restarts it load bootneuter.app don't touch anything wait for it to go to the home screen[

I really hope this helps!
    Last edited by flattop95; 06-12-2008 at 03:36 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to flattop95 For This Useful Post:

Dashiznit (08-10-2008), Dixavado (08-10-2008), finn45202 (06-17-2008), gabby84 (08-10-2008), hoya89 (08-03-2008), iancdp (07-20-2008), jerry69 (08-27-2008), kurle (07-24-2008), lilskaterpunk (07-15-2008), oarce12 (07-16-2010), rollyfl (09-23-2008), vicdev (07-22-2008), Xuess (06-06-2008)

What apps are recommended by u with the custom firmware b/c sometimes it just freezes up the phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycsubzero View Post
    What apps are recommended by u with the custom firmware b/c sometimes it just freezes up the phone
    just like normal apps, no customize or summerboard, just save those for installer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flattop95 For This Useful Post:

nycsubzero (06-12-2008)

Thanks

Thread stuck.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Thread stuck.
    thanks man, also when a new winpwn comes out i will try to update this.
    Last edited by flattop95; 06-06-2008 at 01:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey man thanks for the bootloader, i am building my .ipsw now crazy thing i loove it. thanks

u guys wondering here is a link to WinPwn (call this PwnageTool for PC) Main Page - WinPwn
    Last edited by Xuess; 06-06-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

With 1.1.4 firmware, under Update Bootloader, is it better to select Downgrade to 3.9 or Upgrade to 4.6?

Everytime i try to upload my custom firmware i get an error like 1604,-10,06. First i do a complete firmware restore in itunes then i go to winpwn pwn it and then i goto itunes and try my custom firmware and i keep on getting one of those errors any help. My custom firmware got built with no problems(1.14) but i cant get it to work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycsubzero View Post
    Everytime i try to upload my custom firmware i get an error like 1604,-10,06. First i do a complete firmware restore in itunes then i go to winpwn pwn it and then i goto itunes and try my custom firmware and i keep on getting one of those errors any help. My custom firmware got built with no problems(1.14) but i cant get it to work
    usually i just have to change usb ports or restart my computer, this doesn't have to do with the custom firmware, it just happens during a regular restore for some reason

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flattop95 For This Useful Post:

nycsubzero (06-12-2008)

Thanks

whoa whoa I just noticed that the links to the bootloader files are in there, remove them please. (It's warez)

Thank you
    Last edited by dale1v; 06-12-2008 at 03:36 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

error 6 usually means the firmware is bad, i'll try sending you one

I've been having trouble restoring/reloading firmware on to my iPhone. When I have my white screen (UDF) I've tried to restore and get the same error 6 at the end of iTune's attempts, I tried winpwn and it tells me the phone's being pwnt but and to wait for reboot, but it never reboots... help!

maybe stupid questions:

do i need to restore my iphone in itunes first and then do this? (i already jailbroke with ziphone)
    will regular restore work or do i need DFU restore?
    if i just want to jailbreak (i.e. not activate), then im assuming i dont check 'activate phone'. is there anything else i should AVOID checking (like, 'enable baseband', etc?)

thanks
    Last edited by linuxnoob; 06-25-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linuxnoob View Post
    maybe stupid questions:

do i need to restore my iphone in itunes first and then do this? (i already jailbroke with ziphone)
    will regular restore work or do i need DFU restore?
    if i just want to jailbreak (i.e. not activate), then im assuming i dont check 'activate phone'. is there anything else i should AVOID checking (like, 'enable baseband', etc?)

thanks
    If you don't understand the baseband, then I recommend staying away from it. Also you don't have to restore before pwning, I didin't but if you want to be safe, you can.
    wow, none of my avatars work, so it is blend
    oh and i am black
    90210 ftw!!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flattop95 For This Useful Post:

diggie2002 (07-08-2008), linuxnoob (06-26-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Will this work for installing 2.0 firmware?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    Will this work for installing 2.0 firmware?
    Yes, you just have to have the right build of 2.0 and do it the same way as I showed you.
    wow, none of my avatars work, so it is blend
    oh and i am black
    90210 ftw!!!

can ya help me out I can't find the 1.1.4 file anywhere on iTunes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thanks for the step by step guide.
    I have tried this tutorial here... iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock Your iPhone With WinPwn [Updated] and well I did everything correct but when I came to loading iTunes and shift restore the custom FW, I got error at the very end and had to restore my iPhone back to 1.1.4FW origianl Apple's FW. So now im back to scratch... I guess I wil try this and see what happens...

Can anyone help here?

Quote Originally Posted by tsintop View Post
    With 1.1.4 firmware, under Update Bootloader, is it better to select Downgrade to 3.9 or Upgrade to 4.6?
    Im wondering the same??
    Im using 1.1.4FW on 16GB iPhone (1Generation) and what bootloader should I use?

What do u guys think about these settings...?

Ill click ipsw builder and choose these for applications...

BSD Subsystem
    Install.app
    Cydia????

The rest I can add my own sources and install SSH and everything else through Installer.app or Cydia.app

Now for advanced settings...

Activate iPhone
    Enable baseband update
    Neuter bootloader
    Upgrade bootloader 4.6 ????
    Unlock baseband
    Auto delete bootneuter.app ?????

Build ipsw.

What do u guys think about these settings??

Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast