Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to use winpwn

Thanks

WINPWN is the best for 2.0 up cusotmize FW. i loveit
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

ok I need to restore after using Winpwn (worked great btw) I'm on 7.7.0.43 iTunes and iPhone 2.0.2. My question is do I restore using the Custom .ipsw the Winpwn created the first time? What buttons do I press to enter recovery mode? Do I restore to iTunes 2.0.2 first then Winpwn all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
    ok I need to restore after using Winpwn (worked great btw) I'm on 7.7.0.43 iTunes and iPhone 2.0.2. My question is do I restore using the Custom .ipsw the Winpwn created the first time? What buttons do I press to enter recovery mode? Do I restore to iTunes 2.0.2 first then Winpwn all over again?
    winpwn 2.5 from - iPhone News & Review
    and yes u need to use the custom one that winpwn made
    and go to itunes press shift + restore and then it will let u choose ur custom file
    it shud work

kool thx, can anyone confirm that nothing gets deleted from iTunes if you update to 8.0?

I have a couple of questions: how do i use winpwn 2.5 to restore to 1.1.4? The only available options are 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. I had to uninstall winpwn 2.5 and use an older version (2.0.0.4) to do that.
    And a second question: while using winpwn 2.0.0.4 to build a custom 1.1.4 firmware, i was unable to add Cydia to the list of applications i wanted installed, i received the following message: "Unable to add Cydia, no space left". So now there is no Cydia on my phone, is there a way to add it later?

edit: ok, I managed to add Cydia but my question remains: why was I not able to add it to the list of applications I wanted installed in winpwn?
    Last edited by MirabelaDauer; 09-17-2008 at 03:49 AM.

ok D0ne & working fine .. , after working and reading tut for a while, like 3hrs Thanks for the detail turtorial and guys who are helping.

I'm using winpwn 2.5 beta and I'm on 2G JB 2.1 and want to upgrade to JB 2.2 but it only has option to select 2.0 2.0.2 but not 2.1 Am I missing something? Plz help!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This 8GB iPhone was given to me by a friend, which was already ‘bricked’ with the screen just showing iTunes logo and connection cable. I have no idea which version of ‘firmware’ it had on it.

The whole of yesterday and today I tried getting the phone in DFU mode (which it does by pressing the Home & Power button and with the screen getting blank and black) and tried restoring to Firmwre 2.1 by hitting Shft+Restore.. the phone follows this loop:
    - Preparing iPhone for Restore
    - Restoring iPhone software
    - Verifying iPhone software
    - Restoring iPHone firmware
    and then it says.. "there was an unknown error 1011" and goes back to the same screen showing iTunes logo and connection cable (as in ‘recovery mode’).

I tried restoring it to other versions of ‘firmware’ (downloaded separately) with 5 different computers but with the same result. The Unknown error messages varied from 1, 5, 23, 1011.

The question is what to do to restore this any functioning firmware

I appreciate your help.. Thanks

hi,
    am rather naive and lame with pc's and allthat stuff.
    am on 1.1.4 and would like to update to 2.0,i've read the stuff above but...
    help pls if you can on how to go about it...
    thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i down load winpwn, installed and the pineapple icon on my desk top but cant open winpwn on my xp or vista either, anyone can help please????

Why is it that nobody mentions the fact that WinPwn does not work with the latest firmware versions?!? The highest firmware it offers is v2.0.2 and I just went through the headache of installing v2.2.1 on the advice of people on this forum. Now I'm stuck at needing to unlock/jailbreak my phone and no clear method on how to do it. QuickPwn keeps shutting down after I waste time holding down the buttons for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, etc. and then it messes up.
    I need help please--any suggestions????

error 1604 ??

Quote Originally Posted by sn4fu View Post
    error 1604 ??
    Google

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456