Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to use winpwn

Thanks flattop95 for this step by step instruction, need this one also. -newbie here
    myTechpad <my blog

I'm having trouble creating my custom 2.0. Every time I click on the advanced tab in winpwn 2.0.0.4 after going in to the ipsw builder everything under 'activate' and 'no wipe' is grayed out. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Aidenn View Post
    I'm having trouble creating my custom 2.0. Every time I click on the advanced tab in winpwn 2.0.0.4 after going in to the ipsw builder everything under 'activate' and 'no wipe' is grayed out. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

If you are jailbreaking a 3G you dont need to have those checked since there is no unlock available for the 3G yet, those selections are only for people with a 1st Gen iPhone. If you are trying to jailbreak/unlock a 1st gen iPhone make sure you have the correct firmware ie. 1.1 . 2.0.1 or 2.0 ..

Could anybody help me?
    i've got winpwn on my pc and i've downloaded the 2.0.1 firmware of iPhone 2g.
    Everytime i try to opne it up in winpwn, it says that it's an unknown file...
    does anybody has any idea of what the hell is happening here!?
    the firmware 1.1.4 works great, but the 2.0.1 doesn't, and i'm sure it's the right one, cause it's been downloaded from here!
    wait for your help.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by g30v View Post
    If you are jailbreaking a 3G you dont need to have those checked since there is no unlock available for the 3G yet, those selections are only for people with a 1st Gen iPhone. If you are trying to jailbreak/unlock a 1st gen iPhone make sure you have the correct firmware ie. 1.1 . 2.0.1 or 2.0 ..
    Not even the Bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 buttons?

Those options are not needed to jailbreak the 3g phones. You'll be fine.

i go out of the country alot (i have at&t) and inorder to get service out of the country will i need to unlock it? cuz sometimes when i go out there itll show no bars cuz they like block service from at&t or some ****..... ps when it gets to ramdisk it always gives me a message to connect iphone in restore mode and i did that and i didnt work. anything for me? thansk.

i go out of the country alot (i have at&t) and inorder to get service out of the country will i need to unlock it? cuz sometimes when i go out there itll show no bars cuz they like block service from at&t or some ****..... ps when it gets to ramdisk it always gives me a message to connect iphone in restore mode and i did that and i didnt work. anything for me? thansk. and i have a 2g iphone.
    Last edited by futh29; 08-11-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cparzianello View Post
    Could anybody help me?
    i've got winpwn on my pc and i've downloaded the 2.0.1 firmware of iPhone 2g.
    Everytime i try to opne it up in winpwn, it says that it's an unknown file...
    does anybody has any idea of what the hell is happening here!?
    the firmware 1.1.4 works great, but the 2.0.1 doesn't, and i'm sure it's the right one, cause it's been downloaded from here!
    wait for your help.
    thanks!
    Pardon me for the dumb question, but I don't see anywhere if you have already installed the latest Winpwn. If not, then be sure to uninstall any versions of Winpwn you currently have, then install the latest. You should be running version 2.0.0.4.

But if you already did this, then I'll shut up.

cant get it to work =[
    Last edited by futh29; 08-11-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: thought that quote was from me sorry.

ok so i do everything as told but while the ipsw is built the whole program just dissapears and its twards the end of the ipsw building process what do i do!!!..im trying to upgrade to 2.0.1
    PROUD
    8g iphone anySIM Unlocked
    Custom Kanye West Graduation Theme
    Using on Both At&t and T-mobile

All done By Me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by young harlem View Post
    ok so i do everything as told but while the ipsw is built the whole program just dissapears and its twards the end of the ipsw building process what do i do!!!..im trying to upgrade to 2.0.1
    ive been trying too that except nothings working for me. i get to about installing installer. and i even tried to us 2.0 firmware but still no luck. so im jsut tryin to fiddle with it.

rebootnut, thanks for the tip, but, as u said, i've already done that
    it doesn't work.....
    i don't know what to do...
    but i think my Mac is going to arrive tomorow, then i'll try it with the Mac version of pwn...
    hope it works
    but, thanks, anyway, and if somebody knows what coul be causing it, please, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by futh29 View Post
    ive been trying too that except nothings working for me. i get to about installing installer. and i even tried to us 2.0 firmware but still no luck. so im jsut tryin to fiddle with it.
    Same thing happens to me as well. Running Vista 64bit.

EDIT: Increase partition to 551mb and worked fine for me. Just flashing baseband now. Looks to be going good! Good luck!
    Last edited by hajabooja; 08-11-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Hey guys, it's me again
    got a mac today, downloaded pwnagetool and as before, it doesn't recoginise my .ipsw file... it's driving me crazy, if u want to know...
    i though maybe my ispw file was corrupted, and i downloaded another one...
    same thing... it doesn't work....
    i think i've been coursed
    if somebody knows what's going on here, please, help me!!!!
    ps: if you know somewhere i can take tha custom .ispw file, for the iPhone 2g version, and installer, please tell me.
    thanks!

Default how to jailbreak #3g
    hi are the instructions the same for jailbreaking a 3g iphone? i mean is it done the same way as 2g?

ps: i have iphone 3g 16gb with 2.0 firmware and wish to upgrade and jailbreak it to 2.0.1. so if anyone can give me steps in doing so it will be great. off course using winpawn not pawnage tool since i am on pc.

I want to jailbreak my iPhone, and I have had it for three weeks now, but if I do use the restore firmware will I have a completely blank iPhone? Like will all my contacts be gone? Apps, ringtones, things like that? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hajabooja View Post
    Same thing happens to me as well. Running Vista 64bit.

EDIT: Increase partition to 551mb and worked fine for me. Just flashing baseband now. Looks to be going good! Good luck!
    tried that....now it works everything goes fine UNTIL..itunes gives me restore error 1604 if im not mistaken..prsh all i know is i had to resotore to my 1.1.4 again and start over!!! ahh why wont this work..
    PROUD
    8g iphone anySIM Unlocked
    Custom Kanye West Graduation Theme
    Using on Both At&t and T-mobile

All done By Me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onemajorflaw View Post
    I want to jailbreak my iPhone, and I have had it for three weeks now, but if I do use the restore firmware will I have a completely blank iPhone? Like will all my contacts be gone? Apps, ringtones, things like that? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    yes u will get a blank phone after restore. but there is a way around it. before doing a restore sync ur phone with itunes fully and then do a restore. once restore is finished then itunes will give u the option of restoring from the back up or setting the phone as new phone so just restore from back up and you will get all ur staff back.

ps for contact you may want to save them in your simcard.
    for your apps you will lose all of it since the new firmware may not support all ur apps.

Hey guys!
    it's me again!!!
    Thanks God, I solved my problem!
    and all a had to do was to download another firmware, I don't know why, but the firmware i downloaded from here, did not work for me...
    so what i did was to download it directly from iTunes, and then, it worked just great, in both windows and mac.
    so, if somebody is having the same problem as i did, or is getting the damned error (6) wile trying to install the firmware 2.0.1, all u have to do is to make a new .ipsw file, because the one ur trying to use has something wrong, believe me, i know
    thanks to evebody who helped me, now i'm proud to saying that i've got a 2g iPhone with firmware 2.0.1 up and running!!

Succesffuly used jailbreak and have changed email, sms sounds with my custom versions. Great software (donation sent!). One question given that the only reason I wanted to jailbreak was to change the sounds can i restore back to the official 2.0.1 and retain the sounds or will then revert to the inbuilt?

Thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast