Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to use winpwn

Once i restore it in itunes. I follow the same steps to unlock, and jailbreak the iphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i think i got it in DFU mode and i think i got it installing but iv done this befor and no sucsess so we will see

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default check winpwn.com
    Follow all the instructions at winpwn.com and www(dot)appleiphoneapps (dot)com(fslash)2008(fslash)07(fslash)how-to-newbies-guide-to-winpwn-20-jailbreak(fslash)

Important: -You MUST do a full uninstall of winpwn before installing the new version.
    Last edited by Orv; 08-09-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Also ive tired creating a custom 2.0.1 ispw, with winpwn, and right at like 75% winpwn shut off, i dont understand why or what im doing wrong, i think if i can get someone to make a custom ispw with boonuter and cydia i could get my iphone to work. If someone out there can make me one i would really apperiate it. Thank you or have any solutions.

if i already have a jailbroken 2.0, do i have to restore everything and start from scratch?

i mean, do i have to reinstall all my apps, fix my safari bookmarks, add my music back, put back my winterboard theme, etc..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kitkat12012 For This Useful Post:

boypinoy18 (08-09-2008)

OK i figured it out. It was the dfu mode part that was teh problem. I tired to get into dfu for an hour until it finally gave up and did it. Then i just pwn my itunes with the custom ispw and i did a restore of the new firmware and boom i m now good. Thanks for all the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat12012 View Post
    if i already have a jailbroken 2.0, do i have to restore everything and start from scratch?

i mean, do i have to reinstall all my apps, fix my safari bookmarks, add my music back, put back my winterboard theme, etc..
    same question. i've searched around to see if there is a method to upgrade the firmware from jailbroken 2.0 to jailbroken 2.0.1 through winpwn. i know pwnage tools will allow you to do so, but i'm running xp. would be so helpful, that way i don't lose all the themes, settings, wifi settings.

anybody have an answer? can you upgrade the firmware without having to start from scratch?

I keep getting error 1 when I try to restore useing my custom fw. I'm pretty sure i'm getting in dfu mode. I'm holding the sleep and home button for about 10 seconds then letting go of the sleep button and holding the home button then itunes says that my phone is in recovery mode. My phone screen is staying black this whole time too and I know that it is supposed to do that. then i hit shift and select my custom fw but then it says that i'm getting the error 1 message. what am I doing wrong??? thanks in advance for any help.

Sean

do i need to update to itunes 7.7 before upgrading my 2g iphone to 2.0.1?
    WHen i bought the phone (pre jailbroken 1.1.4) on ebay it had a note saying never update itunes version when prompted as it will brick the phone...?

Help please, I'm trying to upgrade from a succesfully pwned 2.0 firmware (done using pwnagetool on Mac) to 2.0.1 using winpwn. I created the custom firmware exactly as described in the guide, increasing the root partition size to 602 mb as winpwn would crash otherwise. I now have a custom firmware file.

I then tried to kick my iphone into DFU mode. I read several places that if the screen is blank, the phone is in DFU mode. iTunes says the phone is in recovery mode and I then shift+click on restore and select my custom firmware file. iTunes starts unpacking and then tells me its "preparing the iPhone for recovery"... While this is displayed, my iPhone suddenly displays the logo i chose for booting in winPwn?! after a while a progress wheel appears at the bottom of the screen, and then after a few minutes iTunes says "restoring iphone", BUT ONLY for a couple of seconds, then it says unknown error 6.

Everyone is saying error 6 happens when the phone is not in DFU mode but my screen was blank when I started so how could it not be in DFU mode? Unless it somehow kicked itself OUT of dfu mode since the boot screen is now on it... sigh... help please!

I have tried to pawn several time and itunes throughs error 5....any help?

Quote Originally Posted by tikigod19 View Post
    do i need to update to itunes 7.7 before upgrading my 2g iphone to 2.0.1?
    WHen i bought the phone (pre jailbroken 1.1.4) on ebay it had a note saying never update itunes version when prompted as it will brick the phone...?
    Upgrading iTunes won't brick the phone, only if you click Restore without using a custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by andersemil View Post
    ...iTunes starts unpacking and then tells me its "preparing the iPhone for recovery"... While this is displayed, my iPhone suddenly displays the logo i chose for booting in winPwn?! after a while a progress wheel appears at the bottom of the screen, and then after a few minutes iTunes says "restoring iphone", BUT ONLY for a couple of seconds, then it says unknown error 6.
    I now tried downgrading to iTunes 7.5 and restoring to fw 1.1.4, but the exact same thing happens in the same order (error 6 at the end of restore).

Ideas?
    Last edited by andersemil; 08-10-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im kind of a newb to jailbreaking. my apologies in advance...

This is where i'm at:

I have a pwn'd 3G running 2.0 and a windows laptop. How can I upgrade to 2.1 while keeping my phone jailbroken? Is this possible? Do I have to virginize, then upgrade, then pwn? This guide is awesome but I'm still unclear if it will work with my current setup. If anyone can shed some light on what route to take I'd really (really) appreciate it. thanks. and again, awesome guide.

-also, if someone could link me a guide on how to keep/backup my apps i'd really appreciate it. i've been looking all day. thanks agian
    Last edited by 100chris; 08-10-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so if u want to use this for a 3g iphone, u still need a 1.1.4 firmware? can u make a new guide for a 3g iphone, i really dont wana **** mine up lol

Quote Originally Posted by 100chris View Post
    im kind of a newb to jailbreaking. my apologies in advance...

This is where i'm at:

I have a pwn'd 3G running 2.0 and a windows laptop. How can I upgrade to 2.1 while keeping my phone jailbroken? Is this possible? Do I have to virginize, then upgrade, then pwn? This guide is awesome but I'm still unclear if it will work with my current setup. If anyone can shed some light on what route to take I'd really (really) appreciate it. thanks. and again, awesome guide.

-also, if someone could link me a guide on how to keep/backup my apps i'd really appreciate it. i've been looking all day. thanks agian
    No you do not need to devirginize. Follow the guide and please read through the thread before asking questions hat have already been answered. Download the original firmware from the links provided and customize it through winpwn. Then to dfu mode and restore. I am still unclear whether this will require a fresh start with no apps installed

i need help. i just used the winpwn program, and went through all the steps. but now my phone is locked. it is showing my tmobile and everything, but i cant unlock it, someone please help me?? you can email at [email protected] if you need more info.

i tried to go from 2.0 to 2.0.1 and read through all the threads on how to do all of this, but i dont know what to do now.
    Last edited by jtc442; 08-10-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

AM having major troubles here i follow the ghuide step by step, i am running a 2g iphone going from 2.0 to 2.1, It all works fine apart from when i have to clcik restore in itunes, if i have th fone in DFU mode then i get teh following error:
    "the iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An Unknown error occured (-1)" along with the iPhone's screeen going white. This is then followed by error 1619. I have been trying this all day.
    Please some help would be amazing.

what if i have iphone 3g that is jailbroken already. and i want to upgrade my firmewere to 2.1. do i upgrade frist then do the steps because im lost

my winpwn keeps crashing when i create the custom firmware?? Im on windows vista

I still have 1.1.4 on my old iphone and I was waiting on the new installer because I did not want to lose my pysl. Are the initial steps the same minus the restore firmware since I already have 1.1.4 on my phone or do I need to restore and upgrade to the 2.01 firmware first?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast