Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to use winpwn

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah i'm wondering the same as lilskaterpunk?

I have a Ziphoned 1.1.4 with 3.9_M3S2 bootloader. I wanna virginize and use winpwn. Do I need to restore using ziphone first or just restore using winpwn or even just the restore button in itunes?

I'm JB and unlocked btw.

Thanks by thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiissssssssssssss much!

Has anyone successfully updated a 1st Generation iPhone to 2.0 using winpwn?

^^^

I have. No issues at all!
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

I dont get it this is to use Win Pwn and it will jailbreak us to 2.0 firmware correct? Why do we use 1.1.4 firmware?

I was wondering the same thing until the instructions worked for me.
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

Good Day,
    Need help I did all the procedure up to restoring the iphone, the iphone wont restore becuase it keep saying unknown error occured (1015). Help help help plese...

Can i unlock a US iPhone 3G with this? Or this just jailbreaks?

I haven't been able to winpwn my phone to 1.1.4 from 1.1.2 with the 2.0.3 software, should I use the 1.x soft to pwn my phone to 1.1.4 and then pwn my phone with 2.0.3 to upgrade to 2.0?

I have itunes 7.7.1.11 installed.

i have used winpawn to unlock my phone a 2.0,it works great and was wondering if you have to go through the whole process everytime you unlock a phone or can you just use the custom firmware that you made and use it in itunes everytime you unlocke a phone at 2.0

not sure if anyone has tried this, but i've had success with it. After pwning i had a terribly slow phone. contact lag (5+ seconds) was even worse than the couple seconds it takes on 2.0.1. I also noticed only like 12mb were free on the boot partition. So if this was anythign like my mac, more space is better. I upped the partition size to 750mb from 500mb and i had a consistent 2 or 3 second pause when going to contacts, but never got as bad as before even after loading new apps.

Has anyone else tried this? maybe just my imagination, but the phone does seem to run better.

Cartman--
    how do you change the partition size?

please help i keep getting 1602 error someone pm me or help thanks !!!

I know it is a stupid question, but here goes.

Am I suppose to upgrade my 1.1.4 iphone to 2.01 first, then create a custom winpwn file and then do a restore using the new custom file?

It doesn't seem to make sense to custom 1.1.4 as in the instruction since this is the firmware on my iphone already, did he mean 2.01 instead?
    Last edited by petereoin; 08-09-2008 at 05:31 PM.

k how do i pwn my phone.. i used 2 have a touch.. but i gave it up for a phone and is unfamilier with the process...

heres wut i have..

Iphone 3g
    2.0 Firmware(no update)
    with Rogers(canada)

i just want to jailbreak , not unlock

can someone provide me with a guide? do i need 2 take out my sim card?

In the new pwnage tool what do i do with the no wipe option?

Default Trouble.....?
    Ok, so i already upgrade my iphone to, 2.0.0 when it came out. Then i tired to upgrade my iphone to 2.0.1 today, and it didnt work. So I restored it back to 2.0.0 and tired again. Didnt work again, so i tired to restore it back to 2.0.0, that didnt work, it gave me a error 6. Ive tired 3 times, since then, ive changed out the usb cable, restarted the comp., everything. I tired building my own ispw. with the newest winpwn. That gave me a error 20. So now my iphone is sitting on my desk with that picture of a usb and itunes, i dont know what to do please can someone help me, id like to either go back to 2.0.0 or use 2.0.1 i really dont care.

Thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bump... me too this sux

boot to dfu mode. Then restore through iTunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cant get into dfu im stuck in recovery mode

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast