Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: PWN Boot Logo
04-17-2008, 05:59 AM #1
PWN Boot Logo
Ok... I wasn't sure where to put this, but... here goes...
I have Pwned my phone... and now I have the pineapple logo which is standard... I would now want to change the pineapple logo to another logo... I was wondering can if there is a way to change the logo without creating another custom firmware and restore the iphone again?
04-17-2008, 06:15 AM #2
My understanding is that you will have to create another custom firmware to change logo. Thats why i am going to wait for all features to be enabled in winpwn so i will not have to restore again when they get all features enabled.If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!
04-17-2008, 08:46 AM #3
i thinks that if you restore back to an Untouched (ORIGINAL) ipsw firmware file you will got default logo's or nOt?
04-17-2008, 10:31 AM #4
04-17-2008, 10:34 AM #5
Nope... you have to restore to change the logo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:
04-17-2008, 03:22 PM #6
04-17-2008, 03:45 PM #7
actually, there is a way to change the boot logo and recovery image without restoring your phone. heres what you do (you need both PC and mac tho .... )
- Download this Firmware Tool (more info here) that allows you to convert .png files to .img2 files (.img2 files are the files that the PwnageTool uses for boot and recovery)
- Convert your custom pics to the .img2 format with names 'logo.img2' and 'recovery.img2'
- 'Show Package Contents' of PwnageTool 1.1
- Navigate to '/Contents/Resources/iPwner/'
- Replace the 'logo.img2' and the 'recovery.img2' files with your custom ones
- Put your iPhone into recovery mode
- Open PwnageTool
- Select Firmware
- Select iPwner (re-pwn your iPhone if you already pwned it)
Now you have new custom boot and recovery logos WITHOUT restoring your iPhone.
Havent actually tried the FirmwareTool that i listed above bc I already have my custom boot/recovery images but it should do the trick
Last edited by skeredmobile; 04-17-2008 at 03:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeredmobile For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (08-09-2008)
04-17-2008, 04:50 PM #8
09-14-2008, 01:40 PM #9